Camera talk...

Hrishi

^thanks guys for the suggestion. It doesn't seem like dust problem as it vanished after reset and I also checked at other settings on white paper. It's not there anymore.

sujoyp

Grand Master
[MENTION=132251]prashant[/MENTION] I have travelled to-fro from nagpur to kolkata on train almost 6 times with DSLR and 3 lenses and flash...all in my suitcase padded with my clothes...its safe that way...if you carry them in bag then people become suspicious about the bag

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
In the planning to steal it sense? Or a bomb sense?

I've traveled a lot with my DSLR, fragility is never a problem. Size and weight might be.

driverace

Broken In
I would say - as long as you take care of it with :

a. PROPER padding (jugaad way) - using clothes/soft foam/bubblewrap(?)
OR
b. Good carry cases - the expensive way of doing it.

you should be okay.
I believe you should invest in a backpack/case/holster sling meant to carry DSLR+lens.
That way you can keep the backpack/case with you all the time with the luggage being tucked away.

That not only keeps stuff safe- but also makes it easy to carry the camera when you are out shooting (at the location you travel to).

___
Extra information:

I only shoot candid/street/portrait.
I have D5100+kit lens + 35 mm 1.8.
I use this: Case logic SLRC 205 sling backpack
It keeps the camera+lens safe & MOST importantly lets me flip that around (while on my shoulder) & get camera out for shooting.

--

Thanks,

Ace.

sujoyp

Grand Master
[MENTION=17225]Rishi[/MENTION] suspicion in the sense , you will always keep an eye on your camera bag, camera bag looks like a camera bag, you will never be able to leave it alone even to go for a handwash or toilet....best is keep it inside suitcase with cloth padding...nobody will know you have costly DSLR+lenses ....or you can get a normal backpack and make it paded from inside for your cam and lenses

driverace

Broken In
Guys,

Just a heads up--

If anyone's looking at Canon SX50HS :
watch out for this deal:
@ 22,693 INR - currently out of stock.
*camera.zoomin.com/cameras-1/compact-cameras/canon-powershot-sx50-hs.html
Apparently, they also have an offer on flipkart:
@ 22999 INR
*www.flipkart.com/ps/CAMDECSTXGFY3R2F

These are awesome prices for this camera!

Cheers,

Ace.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ They have no pieces to sell from their own store but how they have stock to sell through flipkart? :chinscratch:

kaz

right here
Nikon 400mm f/2.8 @ $12k only.
[MENTION=39722]sujoyp[/MENTION] this one is made for you..... :)

*photographylife.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Nikon-400mm-f2.8E-VR.jpg

sujoyp

Grand Master
[MENTION=121890]kaz[/MENTION] .... wow thats great ...let me sell off my home first ...the lens cost just 12000$ = 7.2 Lakh ...or I can take this lens on a 20 years lens loan :D :D

The new one cost a whole 3000$ more then older one...but said to be lot lighter to carry and have some special element inside....soo now we Indians can get the older 400mm lens for good price
Around 5 lakh

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Canon sx50hs at 23k is a good deal. Btw in the 25-30 k range which p&s is worth buying these days? Need to recommend to a friend. Was thinking about the lumix dmc-fz200

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ It depends on one's preference. In my view, as far as still image is concern all these three are good.
SX50, Good image quality
FZ200, Bright lens
HS50EXR, Though it's little grainy, I like coz of the physical controls it offers.

kaz

right here
I have made my last 4 purchase from them (Nikon 55-200VR, Lowepro 250AW, TP-Link WR740N, TP-Link W8968N)...All were delivered in 5-6days....I do trust them....

- - - Updated - - -

And the prices are so reasonable that I have given up browsing FK...Snapdeal and Amazon are my fav. :)

Top Bottom