Camera talk...

Hrishi

how bad can a plastic lens mount be for a 70-300mm tamron telephoto lens ?? ( the one in my sig. )
I have read a lot about how easily the plastic lens mount gives up/fall apart . My Camera has a mount made of plastic , should I be worried and avoid stressing the body while using telephoto/heavier lenses than stock ???

sujoyp

Grand Master
rishi there is no fixed formula for that...just normal common sense...the lens weighing 500gm and above will always need support from below soo you should keep in mind that when holding DSLR with any lens a bit heavier you have to hold both DSLR and the lens so that it do not put pressure on mount

Hrishi

rishi there is no fixed formula for that...just normal common sense...the lens weighing 500gm and above will always need support from below soo you should keep in mind that when holding DSLR with any lens a bit heavier you have to hold both DSLR and the lens so that it do not put pressure on mount

yeah , that's obvious. But I am just wondering how bad it can be.....why people are so whinning so much about the plastic mount everywhere....is it like..it literally falls apart often.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Well considering the number of cams in the world and the number of careless people. Many would have had issues with the mount and will shout that out on the net.

Plus if all goes well then no one makes a sound, but if something breaks the internet will cry bloody murder over it.

sujoyp

Grand Master
yes rishi...just take care of DSLR and lens and nothing will ever happens to them...just when you become careless , accident happens ...

you wont belive I have even hold D7000 alone and forgot to hold the sigma 150-500 instead ..and within seconds I realised it. I was really scared that time.

kaz

right here
just like that :p
*www.imaging-resource.com/ee_uploads/news/3684/z_stylus_1_tcon-hand__largest-no-more-than-580x630.jpg

sujoyp

Grand Master
Kaz thats very wrong... You should hold the lens alone when lens is more then 1.5 kg...like I hold my big 150-500 alone...but when both cam and lens weigh similar hold both

kaz

right here
Don't know....Copied from Google image results :p But I see Olympus written on the lens :)

- - - Updated - - -

Ok [MENTION=39722]sujoyp[/MENTION] I will from next time :)

justgothere

Broken In
It's a great camera. I used it for sometime and then had to let it go with heavy heart for practical reasons. Not that it is not a practical system. I was and still is invested too heavily somewhere else and money was THE reason.

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
So the Sony RX100 III is coming out next month.

Good things - Its F1.8-F2.8 now with built in evf
Bad things - reduced zoom now only 3x & much heavier. I'm sure it will cost more too the earlier ones were on the higher side already.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
So the Sony RX100 III is coming out next month.

Good things - Its F1.8-F2.8 now with built in evf
Bad things - reduced zoom now only 3x & much heavier. I'm sure it will cost more too the earlier ones were on the higher side already.

For once I am willing to pay the cost. I recommended the version 1 to a friend whose budget was 15k and he ended up buying this at 32k approx after I convinced him about it. He is extremely satisfied with it - has a little kid and the sparkle on his face is proof that he thinks it was 30k spent well. His biggest argument is how flawless it is generally - point - shoot - get a forzen image of the running kid even in poor light. And the best part is that even his wife can get great images of the kid with it (Being a dslr user I know how post people struggle to get one decent pic out of a DSLR - never got a decent photo of mine in the several attempts I asked strangers for a shot.)

Another friend is now conteplating buying the same.

sujoyp

Grand Master
I will also get that someday...for general holiday shot I just dont recommend a dslr ....RX100 is soo awesome ...and now with better focussing module and much better lens it will be smashing hit

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
For once I am willing to pay the cost. I recommended the version 1 to a friend whose budget was 15k and he ended up buying this at 32k approx after I convinced him about it. He is extremely satisfied with it - has a little kid and the sparkle on his face is proof that he thinks it was 30k spent well. His biggest argument is how flawless it is generally - point - shoot - get a forzen image of the running kid even in poor light. And the best part is that even his wife can get great images of the kid with it (Being a dslr user I know how post people struggle to get one decent pic out of a DSLR - never got a decent photo of mine in the several attempts I asked strangers for a shot.)

Another friend is now conteplating buying the same.

I had my eyes on one of those as my next cam next year may be (I don't really need a new camera yet but still.)
The weight thing really puts me off, Its 290g now from 240g for the first one. I don't think it'd be pocketable anymore.
They are still not reducing the price of the original RX100 & Canon doesn't have anything to compete with it which sucks even more.

I'd really like if they could come up with something between 1' sensor and 1/1.7 and keep the same size as S120 and a middle price.

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
I was planning one for my Dad actually ...he finds it difficult to use and carry D3100+18-55 kit on his tours ...I will get one very very soon

Top Bottom