Camera talk...

sujoyp

Grand Master
hey guys anybody tried the sony defocussing addon for xperia mobiles

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7455/14077676081_608b5908e9_z.jpg20140501_181320 by sujoypackrasy, on Flickr

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7380/14100929523_db526524c5_z.jpg20140424_200605 by sujoypackrasy, on Flickr

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7308/14081364014_2496dd813f_z.jpg20140424_095507 by sujoypackrasy, on Flickr

I think it produces descent blurring for a mobile

sujoyp

Grand Master
Yes nac its digital and we can increase decrease the amount of blur while even before saving the pic..but its nice

raja manuel

In the zone
It looks quite good in the first one, not so much in the second and third. Nevertheless it is pretty good stuff and it will keep getting better.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
I am most certainly buying the Canon 400mm f5.6 L on Monday evening,I hope Im doing the right thing. Im also getting a Lens Coat and Flash Extenders.

Hrishi

My DSLR has started giving some black spots ( seems like Dead pixels.) whenever the shutter speed is close to 1/10 or lesser.
If the shutter speed is high like 1/20 or so it's not visible ..... I don't do long exposure shots either so chances or pixels getting damaged is not that high as well... any idea what could have gone wrong ??
[ I checked with both the lenses , and also checked for any dust on sensor or mirror. but none are present.)] Did a sensor cleaning too with inbuilt function.
And yeah the number of pixels are pretty high....like 10-15 of them. They are fairly noticeable.

It's just a month old camera. And I still have warranty left on it.
What can be done in this case to get this fixed ?? Is there any tech support help line or authorized showrooms where this can be taken care of ?

I purchased it from Jumbo electronics.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
My DSLR has started giving some black spots ( seems like Dead pixels.) whenever the shutter speed is close to 1/10 or lesser.
If the shutter speed is high like 1/20 or so it's not visible ..... I don't do long exposure shots either so chances or pixels getting damaged is not that high as well... any idea what could have gone wrong ??
[ I checked with both the lenses , and also checked for any dust on sensor or mirror. but none are present.)] Did a sensor cleaning too with inbuilt function.
And yeah the number of pixels are pretty high....like 10-15 of them. They are fairly noticeable.

It's just a month old camera. And I still have warranty left on it.
What can be done in this case to get this fixed ?? Is there any tech support help line or authorized showrooms where this can be taken care of ?

I purchased it from Jumbo electronics.

If you use JPEG, witch to RAW and check and vice versa.

Shutter speed has got nothing to do with dead pixels, if any.

Zoom into the Live view mode viewing the LCD display and try to spot them, If you cant see them, then you got no dead pixels. If you can see them
1. Sensor dust. Not likely considering its sensitive to shutter time. And you can have sensor dust without it being visible to the naked eye
2. Dead pixels. Again unlikely as you say at faster speeds its not present.

I believe your software has gone crazy. This has no signs of a HW problem. If at all its a hardware problem, you'll need a sensor replacement - some weird unheard of pixel overflow can "technically" cause this issue. But unlikely.

Hrishi

If you use JPEG, witch to RAW and check and vice versa.

Shutter speed has got nothing to do with dead pixels, if any.

Zoom into the Live view mode viewing the LCD display and try to spot them, If you cant see them, then you got no dead pixels. If you can see them
1. Sensor dust. Not likely considering its sensitive to shutter time. And you can have sensor dust without it being visible to the naked eye
2. Dead pixels. Again unlikely as you say at faster speeds its not present.

I believe your software has gone crazy. This has no signs of a HW problem. If at all its a hardware problem, you'll need a sensor replacement - some weird unheard of pixel overflow can "technically" cause this issue. But unlikely.
Thanks for the suggestions. I will try the modes and will try to observe any changes.

Also , I only see the spots in captured shots. Not in Live View mode or as such. The spots are developed only once the picture has been clicked.
------------
Now , just in case if the firmware has gone bad , then is it possible to get it fixed at home ??

- - - Updated - - -

Update :
---------------------
As Pranav suggested , it may be a software problem , so I Reset the camera settings once to factory defaults. "Initialize"
And now it appears that the problem is gone. I wonder what went haywire , previously ??

Thanks .

sujoyp

Grand Master
good that problem is gone :)

I went to the famous Tadoba jungle safari for tigers and didnt get a single one :( 2 trips of 70km each and that back hurting..will edit and load some pics soon

Last edited:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
[MENTION=39722]sujoyp[/MENTION]: have u upgraded the D3100 firmware?

*nikoneurope-en.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/58931/~/d3100-firmware-update-1.02

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
[MENTION=17225]Rishi[/MENTION]: I think it's sensor dust. the fact that you can't see it in the view and it appears at lower shutter speeds (which might just mean higher aperture)

Try shooting a white paper with aperture set to the max of your cam f/22 or whatever. click a couple of pictures, if the spots have the same location in each shot then it's sensor dust. Now reduce the aperture f/8 or f/4 the spots should get more and more blurry as the aperture value falls

just search on youtube for how to clean it

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
[MENTION=17225]Rishi[/MENTION]: I think it's sensor dust. the fact that you can't see it in the view and it appears at lower shutter speeds (which might just mean higher aperture)

Try shooting a white paper with aperture set to the max of your cam f/22 or whatever. click a couple of pictures, if the spots have the same location in each shot then it's sensor dust. Now reduce the aperture f/8 or f/4 the spots should get more and more blurry as the aperture value falls

just search on youtube for how to clean it

Its a misconception tha the aperture size changes the size of the image significantly on the sensor. The change in size is negligible - vignetting. And in anycase the final image ALWAYS* represents the same area on the sensor. If a dust spec is visible in one shot it should be visible in another shot as well - unless you were sufferring from such heavy vignetting or shooting such hopelessly dark images.

[MENTION=39722]sujoyp[/MENTION] : Sad to hear that , man...

Also, if under warranty, DO NOT CLEAN THE SENSOR YOURSELF. Its free via service centres - use the chance.

Top Bottom