Camera talk...

sujoyp

Grand Master
camera settings??? in bulb mode you will have to keep the button pressed till you want to keep open the shuter ...just move your finger from the button and its over...wired triggers are very popular for long exposure purposes

- - - Updated - - -

all 3 of my photobooks arrived from zoomin.com ..print is superb ...cost me almost 1200 ...satisfied to see the photo printed ...Total 100 pics in 60 pages

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7428/13755962074_693471882d_z.jpg
photobook 1 - Birds and Animals
Photobook 2 - Mislenious and Flowers
Photobook 3 - Landscapes and Macro

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3767/13755961404_22ec321bc5.jpg
*farm3.staticflickr.com/2885/13755597073_907ab3f5a5.jpg

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Cool... Those three photographs (filling the entire page) looks like photographs published in a magazine :thumbs:

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
zoomin also lets you print 25 photos for free (4x6) if you use their android app. You will only have to pay delivery charges (Rs 50) Quality is very good

kaz

right here
Thanks [MENTION=39722]sujoyp[/MENTION] and [MENTION=117627]marvelousprashant[/MENTION] I was about to waste money in local studios... Meanwhile Sony's new full frame mirrorless gets announced the A7s supports 4K recording :)

*photographylife.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Sony-A7s.jpg
Looks sexy being a full frame :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
wow soo sleek and its full frame :)
[MENTION=121890]kaz[/MENTION] I went to local shops but they are charging lot more then zoomin...and zoomin lets you customize it according to your idea and choice

kaz

right here
Oooo....And I never knew about zoomin :)

- - - Updated - - -

btw how safe is it? I mean they might misuse our pics too...

sujoyp

Grand Master
the pics are taken from our own uploads from like facebook, picasa album or flickr...its not uploaded on there site...just shared there like we do here

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Need some advice. About to make a purchase.

Sigma 18-250 DC OS Macro HSM or Tamron 70-300 VC (The one that [MENTION=5739]Incinerator[/MENTION] has)
I am looking for a walkaround lens, but wouldnt mind loosing the wide end for significantly improved telephoto. Has anyone here researched on this bit ?

Cant find a comparison or image curves anywhere for the Tamron. :|

[MENTION=221001]Pranav[/MENTION] its always proven fact that a zoom lens like 18-250 will can not be compared to a 70-300 kind of lens...more the range of zoom more elements is needed inside the lens and IQ level drops ...its always better to get 70-300 for IQ and 18-250 only for superzoom convenience

After more research, it looks to me that the Sigma is indeed the better lens overall for my needs. The Tamron doesnt seem to offer enough to disregard the low end extension of the Sigma 18-250 after rolling around a lot in the DXO mark site (I still dont trust their rating all that much though. Too much objectivity to numbers. A weighted average of a bunch of objective numbers is not always objective - because the weight is different for different people. So I just take the individual measurements instead of the overall score, a lot can be made up for by the person using the lens :> ) Seems the sharpness in the 70-135 mm range (also the Sigma's weaker region) is the only thing I will really miss. Just compared my own 18-55 vs the 50mm to confirm that I can live with the sharpness levels.
Final call to be made over the weekend, after fiddling with a friend's Canon 55-250 to see if there are things that I have missed. Hopefully wont need another lens in some time. Bloody lenses are damn expensive :| :)

Hope this info helps some guy in making the call somewhere on the internet :)
*www.dpreview.com/reviews/lens-comp...eraId2=canon_eos7d&version2=0&fl2=200&av2=5.6

Canon 18-200 for reference
*farm8.staticflickr.com/7172/13761584255_3b9c77602f.jpg

Tamron 70-300 vs the Canon 18-200
*farm8.staticflickr.com/7104/13761600873_89cfbb07ee.jpg

Sigma 18-250 vs the Tamron 70-300
*farm4.staticflickr.com/3693/13761778675_3067ee75f0.jpg

Key/Scale of the measure of perceptual sharpness. As measured on a 700D.
*farm8.staticflickr.com/7246/13761713635_0e78c56a78.jpg

Last edited:
OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I still dont trust their rating all that much though
:rofl:
When I checked Ajayashish's flickr page, I was really surprised to see the quality of images taken with 55-250/1000D combo. The photographs with 55-250 were so good. In fact, now I have better opinion about his camera ex-camera 1000D and 55-250 lens combo than before.

kaz

right here
Finally got my Lowepro DSLR Video 250 AW Bag today, had ordered it on Sunday and was there at the local courier here since Wednesday evening. Wentto their office today and saw that they are having lots of undelivered couriers, they gave excuse that their workers are on leave and asked people to leave by giving their courier no. and contact no. I asked them to search and give it to me now and also gave a speech. They took 30mins to find it and took 5rs. extra for CHAI, again I gave a speech and left :D

They bag is great and first of all I put my laptop to see it fits or not. The laptop compartment is taller than my expectation but my laptop gets fully packed in there and hardly there is any room even for a newspaper, a little more width would have been great(I know my laptop is very thick :( )
The camera compartment is very solid, really solid which will survive drops also. The AW(All Weather) cover is good enough for what it's supposed to be but probably will not help with the rain running through my shoulders, but I can carry it over my head which will work as an umbrella too ;) . There is a pocket for holding tripod leg which is hidden under the water bottle packet.
Weight is evenly distributed and my bulky laptop and tiny DSLR gears don't feel heavy at all.

It convenient for quickly taking out the camera but I can't take out the additional lens without opening that security strap and pulling the chains to the extreme opposite side.

Overall a well made bag for carrying DSLR and Laptop together.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Finally got my Lowepro DSLR Video 250 AW Bag today, had ordered it on Sunday and was there at the local courier here since Wednesday evening. Wentto their office today and saw that they are having lots of undelivered couriers, they gave excuse that their workers are on leave and asked people to leave by giving their courier no. and contact no. I asked them to search and give it to me now and also gave a speech. They took 30mins to find it and took 5rs. extra for CHAI, again I gave a speech and left :D

They bag is great and first of all I put my laptop to see it fits or not. The laptop compartment is taller than my expectation but my laptop gets fully packed in there and hardly there is any room even for a newspaper, a little more width would have been great(I know my laptop is very thick :( )
The camera compartment is very solid, really solid which will survive drops also. The AW(All Weather) cover is good enough for what it's supposed to be but probably will not help with the rain running through my shoulders, but I can carry it over my head which will work as an umbrella too ;) . There is a pocket for holding tripod leg which is hidden under the water bottle packet.
Weight is evenly distributed and my bulky laptop and tiny DSLR gears don't feel heavy at all.

It convenient for quickly taking out the camera but I can't take out the additional lens without opening that security strap and pulling the chains to the extreme opposite side.

Overall a well made bag for carrying DSLR and Laptop together.

Pics, bro, Pics (with the DSLR inside it) :)

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
nac none of the dslr are bad..its only inexperienced users
I mean, we have an opinion about low end entry level camera, yesteryear technology and all... And 55-250 is a poor man's 70-200... (no offense guys). I was just making a point that 55-250 is a good one. :D

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats, Kaz.

sujoyp

Grand Master
He he he dont tell me nac ...I used my Nikon 55-200 for all puposes just like a 70-200 ...I used it for shows, birding, macro and what not...I know what you want to say :D

Congrats kaz ...but as pranav said we want pics ....1 with DSLR inside and one you taking out the dslr with bag on your back ;) I too want a bag like that

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Guys, don't fall for the camera coupon running right now on ebay.in. That coupon seems to be applicable to only one seller and that seller's rating is so poor. That coupon sure will attract people, I see there are some buyers who have already placed orders. The seller even sells the ones you won't even find anywhere else which are old and discontinued like Olympus XZ1 for 12k (this suggests, "too good to be true").

I don't know why the xxxx ebay do this. It's like they are helping to rob people.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
That's a good upgrade.
1" Sensor, 30-250mm constant f/2 aperture. Price seemed little steep at first, but RX10 costs close to this one. And there is no similar camera to compete.

Top Bottom