Camera talk...

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ He again reconfirmed with one his fellow photographer friend and he posted his quotes as well... :) It seems you didn't read that post.

Congrats Sujoy. :) Wireless flash triggers just the flash, it can't do this? There shouldn't be a big science behind triggering both shutter and flash with just one device. :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
Nac if I want to get an exposure of 30sec + then i have to keep the wireless trigger button pressed for that much time and I have to sit/stand nearby for RF range ...this wired trigger have that option to lock the button pushed soo just press the button and lock and I can go for dinner :D and come back after 15 mins to get a 15 min long exposure ;)

also my guru uses this wired trigger with monopod as per his convinience ...he says using this trigger now he dont have to put one hand on the camera ...he puts one hand under lens and other to hold the monopod along with trigger...

- - - Updated - - -

lol funny thing is as soon as I ran back home to get some nice golden hour shot with new trigger ...it started raining ...god knows from where clouds came in this hot summer and spoiled my plan :D :D

Tenida

Gadget Freak
My cousin is planning to buy a P&S cam. Budget is under 9K. I suggested him Canon IXUS 510 HS. So, what your thought GURUS. :)

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
IXUS 500 and 510 are more than two years old. It seems like they are failure, so the reason for huge price drop and on top of that, huge discounts. Yet it's not disappearing from the market. Specs are good, and IQ is impressive but the things like micro SD, poor touch, wifi and esp. battery life are things one should know before considering those two cameras. Would I suggest one to get that camera? I think I would if you really liked it and asked at least one year ago. :)

IXUS 255 is a nice one. And S6500 from Nikon is also a decent one.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Got myself a gimbal head, Opteka GH1 Pro Heavy Duty Gimbal Head with Quick Release (Supports up to 30lbs)

Superb one, has that Arca Swiss kind of release Will try and pick up Gitzo second hand legs or something similar, gearing up for the Big purchase the Tamron 150-600mm . Have already contacted Tamron India,available on order only!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Congrats... That's a big buy.
The link you gave says $ 241, opteka says it's $ 150, what's the price for the one you got? or its a Gift?

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Rs 14K+. Not a gift ,I hope somebody gifts me some carbon fiber Gitzo legs!!

- - - Updated - - -

35$ shipping and then thers customs.Will come to 14+ anyday.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I hope somebody gifts me some carbon fiber Gitzo legs!!
:D like me hoping someone would drop me a DSLR with 50mm prime at my door steps. I had been dreaming about it for 2yrs, but it seems like Santa was busy on the other side of the world. :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
I want a nikon 300 f4+TC :hissyfit: hopping that somebody sell it to me at a cheap price...I will sell my sigma 150-500 the next day at 30k ;)

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
For the L Im waiting for my National Geopgraphic uncle to come down from Paris,they keep upgrading gears ,now he has a 5DMK3 as secondary and primary is 1DX. It is from this very person I want to buy the Gitzo and L at second hand prices.He uses Arca Swiss gimbal but even second is unaffordable .He is scheduled in may/june for a shoot in India at Konarak and the Tribals of Orissa. Fingers Crossed!

- - - Updated - - -

I'll put the snaps of the gimbal as soon as I receive it.

The only problem is by may/june I wouldnt be able to save up for the L series thats a given.I have to be happy with the legs if he sells them at discounted " family" price :p.

sujoyp

Grand Master
good luck inci ...if u get that combo then you will never ever have to upgrade a head and tripod legs ...even if you get the biggest of lenses and DSLR :D

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
One of my panorama shot got featured here :D:D:D

*blog.flickr.net/en/2014/04/09/twittertuesday-panorama/

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8498/8325633476_0db0e968aa.jpg

Last edited:

Tenida

Gadget Freak
IXUS 500 and 510 are more than two years old. It seems like they are failure, so the reason for huge price drop and on top of that, huge discounts. Yet it's not disappearing from the market. Specs are good, and IQ is impressive but the things like micro SD, poor touch, wifi and esp. battery life are things one should know before considering those two cameras. Would I suggest one to get that camera? I think I would if you really liked it and asked at least one year ago. :)

IXUS 255 is a nice one. And S6500 from Nikon is also a decent one.
So, you suggesting IXUS 255? :)

kaz

right here
[MENTION=117627]marvelousprashant[/MENTION] awesome bro!!!!
[MENTION=39722]sujoyp[/MENTION] even the wireless remote(infrared one) can be used that way right? comes @600-700 INR and there's option for Chinese too

sujoyp

Grand Master
[MENTION=121890]kaz[/MENTION] yaah infrared one can also be used but it dont have the lock machanism ....you will have to keep it pressed manually...but then I have RF one for that...I wanted something which can lock the button for long exposure

@amlan ...no bro its a simple one just 300rs...it dont have any kind of timer

kaz

right here
[MENTION=39722]sujoyp[/MENTION] I hv read once that infrared one can be used to open shutter by pressing the button n close it by pressing again in bulb mode....not sure though....

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
[MENTION=121890]kaz[/MENTION], yup I read the same thing, but I guess that depends more on the camera settings rather than the trigger. Not very sure though, have never used an RF trigger

Top Bottom