Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
@Liverpool_fan

Great, I see that. We were planning 'Programming' in the second phase, but I think it will be great if you can add a lil more on the 'Blassic' (*blassic.org). Small programs like creating those patterns using loop functions, just for fun and also helps in education. Nothing complicated. They are learning the basics of blassic, so we can add lil more on that I think.

And I think it is perfecty ok to copy content from wikipedia and other public domains like wikipedia provided we are giving proper credits and link back to them. @others - please correct if I am wrong.

@Sunny1211993

Great, thanks for that. Will wait for others opinion on the logo.

Meantime, please do not think I am asking too much, but you are a mac user right ? If you get time, would you please write something about apple products ? Like more on 'Safari' browser or like what is a 'Mobileme' account - just to give them an idea on mac products as well.

@thewisecrab

Please take your time. I was just confused and was making sure I didn't miss the pms, that is why.

@Disc_Junkie

That is really nice, I see it, I mean the computer abbreviations section. They have a small set of abbreviations in their text book. I am planning like introducing them some of these abbreviations in every class. Like if we tell them everything together, they will not be able to memorize or understand them all, but we can teach them in every class, few abbreviations which are related to the section we teach on that day.

@Aspire

I think a plain logo will be better. As it is an educational one. @others - what do you think?

@max_demon

Aaaaw :( really sorry to hear that. I know you are the first one to start on a section, that also well in detail. You were always helpful in chat too :) I hope the internet / PC issues will be over soon. Also, when you add content to a page, save in between so that you will not lose a lot of text typed.

Thank you all, I see this is going in the right direction with the help of all. I will call the IT teacher of the school tonight and will tell him the progress.

@Din Yeah, I'm a semi-Mac user. I'll do that. No problem with that. And yeah, only Sunny is fine, please don't add those numbers after my name.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Okay, so I've been looking at the categories recently and I feel they are too haphazard. We currently have separate categories for Google services, social networking, online storage and even Windows Live!!

Please get together at a pre-determined time so that we can categorize them in a better way. :)

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
my attempt

Looks more Professional , made on friend's PC

Original :
*img197.imageshack.us/img197/6481/logozyk.png

Logo Size :
*img197.imageshack.us/img197/3583/logovan.gif

Favicon :
*img197.imageshack.us/img197/5660/faviconico.jpg

Banner 1 :
*img36.imageshack.us/img36/7536/bannertpg.gif

Banner :

*img520.imageshack.us/img520/2098/bannerofr.gif

Last edited:
OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
@Kl@w-24

We will sure try to get all online once to finalize on categories, but I am not very optimistic about it. I mean, the people who contribute / participate in this discussion does it at their own time, but we will sure give a try.

And please feel free to re-arrange the categories. My plan was, when we take class on 'Email System', we will be teaching them all interfaces - gmail, live mail etc. When we take the class 'Google Applications', we will just mention gmail, will not explain it again but will move to other applications and explain more on those.

What do you think ?

@max_demon

Great. The logo reminds me some other site, can't remember.. hmm piratebay ?

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
@Kl@w-24

We will sure try to get all online once to finalize on categories, but I am not very optimistic about it. I mean, the people who contribute / participate in this discussion does it at their own time, but we will sure give a try.

And please feel free to re-arrange the categories. My plan was, when we take class on 'Email System', we will be teaching them all interfaces - gmail, live mail etc. When we take the class 'Google Applications', we will just mention gmail, will not explain it again but will move to other applications and explain more on those.

What do you think ?

Yes, we can at least try it. It is necessary to do this at least once, because members who are not aware will keep creating new categories even though those can be easily covered by the existing ones, thus making it all redundant and disorganized.

Even though I may re-arrange the categories, someone may login after I've been through it and bring it all back to square one. I agree with your idea, and we'll need to make sure everyone knows which direction we are heading in.

EDIT: Can you please try out each logo on the site and post screenshots of how the site looks? That should help the members decide which logo looks best on the site. :)

Last edited:
OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
@Ravi

Thanks for the logo, personally I like green / blue combination ! But will wait for others suggestion. As Kl@w-24 mentioned, will try to put them in site and will post screenshots.

I think I missed a major category ! Ethical use of technology / Dangers of technology / Cyber crimes - I think these can be mixed and put into one category. As I mentioned in another thread, the kids learn things very fast, but they are not getting proper guidance against the misuse of technologies.

@Kl@w-24

Sure, will put some in site to get the look, will post screenshots.

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
Slightly offtopic again ...

As per Kl@w-24's suggestion, I have created the screenshots. Resized some of the logos. Didn't put the HP machines logos as it may lead to legal issues, as infra_red_dude suggested.

Please have a look and please finalize on the logo. Hope I didn't miss any !

Click on the thumbs / links to see the enlarged view of screenshots.

Wiki Original

*dcuuia.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pkZX3ZVfppXQVBel_cjkuwYQSMUtGvk0BBxXxc4Sogv9aB0g497OcqQcYJMDExx4T87_B-d0Qx0SUxli3D_2nngtZw8PjFj8h/thumb-wiki-original.png]

Wiki Ravi

*dcuuia.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pcqta3PYyfnsSbe34MIS2RLzTHeQPahYRHna6uVyUshbgD7rHfjYLNDncrO-wlZl8XDh6EbJJsEpoZcXpDBcxjurPrfG_Jgfc/thumb-wiki-ravi.png]

Wiki Sunny

*dcuuia.bay.livefilestore.com/y1puZwFtaZEvU_ncs_rNorlKXUhVvg4OYSkNaR_v3qP0YV9Dv5XjLrMYOwEc20O_c72bg6Mp2umbIOj4slXbckyJHtuPUH6B6Bn/thumb-wiki-sunny.png]

Wiki Nikhil

*dcuuia.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pkZX3ZVfppXTdNKLY0eq68vwl_EJxqAC732I-XHH_Tz7rY5iKAnXFHQDRPrcsPr8igS0PzqjP4o4BG2u10ls9KtJRW_St3S3q/thumb-wiki-nikhil.png]

Wiki - Max

*dcuuia.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pDyiyJGlosigGs-jb85vvYNXgJfjJBzTHdP_U3JFSYOmJiwzZgGBrV6a8bqeGmr6rnAlCag-nCYwaCHt3-wtsKjabNDNC-82k/thumb-wiki-max.png]

Wiki - Modified version of Nikhil's logo by Krazzy

*dcuuia.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p1DLhFDjID0b2kjDtxRYxuqJJC1SpYkFrqm5j5t2FWig8JSzuuRLU7TxGTJeVEPVYh4rXcTIzTd_XpyA1t1qNzu_6gH_0Faod/thumb-wiki-krazzy-modified-nikhils-logo.png]

Wiki - Kl@w-24

*dcuuia.bay.livefilestore.com/y1piZDutEbCtdtB7Zw14DOCE9BF9CgnGQeEdFg0cC5TIsvy--LS_R-G5mh4eXKMSABMf4gF2C2htmtF-S7btJ7uqK9Tm52Qdr66/thumb-wiki-Kl%40w-24.png]

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
Sunny, please add whenever you get time.

We are planning like complete it in all respect by Aug end. I mean the final syllabus after modifications and corrections will be ready by that time.

Aspire

Padawan
Slightly offtopic again ...

As per Kl@w-24's suggestion, I have created the screenshots. Resized some of the logos. Didn't put the HP machines logos as it may lead to legal issues, as infra_red_dude suggested.

Please have a look and please finalize on the logo. Hope I didn't miss any !

Click on the thumbs / links to see the enlarged view of screenshots.

Wiki Original

*dcuuia.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pkZX3ZVfppXQVBel_cjkuwYQSMUtGvk0BBxXxc4Sogv9aB0g497OcqQcYJMDExx4T87_B-d0Qx0SUxli3D_2nngtZw8PjFj8h/thumb-wiki-original.png]

Wiki Ravi

*dcuuia.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pcqta3PYyfnsSbe34MIS2RLzTHeQPahYRHna6uVyUshbgD7rHfjYLNDncrO-wlZl8XDh6EbJJsEpoZcXpDBcxjurPrfG_Jgfc/thumb-wiki-ravi.png]

Wiki Sunny

*dcuuia.bay.livefilestore.com/y1puZwFtaZEvU_ncs_rNorlKXUhVvg4OYSkNaR_v3qP0YV9Dv5XjLrMYOwEc20O_c72bg6Mp2umbIOj4slXbckyJHtuPUH6B6Bn/thumb-wiki-sunny.png]

Wiki Nikhil

*dcuuia.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pkZX3ZVfppXTdNKLY0eq68vwl_EJxqAC732I-XHH_Tz7rY5iKAnXFHQDRPrcsPr8igS0PzqjP4o4BG2u10ls9KtJRW_St3S3q/thumb-wiki-nikhil.png]

Wiki - Max

*dcuuia.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pDyiyJGlosigGs-jb85vvYNXgJfjJBzTHdP_U3JFSYOmJiwzZgGBrV6a8bqeGmr6rnAlCag-nCYwaCHt3-wtsKjabNDNC-82k/thumb-wiki-max.png]

Wiki - Modified version of Nikhil's logo by Krazzy

*dcuuia.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p1DLhFDjID0b2kjDtxRYxuqJJC1SpYkFrqm5j5t2FWig8JSzuuRLU7TxGTJeVEPVYh4rXcTIzTd_XpyA1t1qNzu_6gH_0Faod/thumb-wiki-krazzy-modified-nikhils-logo.png]

Wiki - Kl@w-24

*dcuuia.bay.livefilestore.com/y1piZDutEbCtdtB7Zw14DOCE9BF9CgnGQeEdFg0cC5TIsvy--LS_R-G5mh4eXKMSABMf4gF2C2htmtF-S7btJ7uqK9Tm52Qdr66/thumb-wiki-Kl%40w-24.png]

Mine was a Compaq PC and not HP

Top Bottom