• Krazzy

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Kl@w-24

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vaithy

In the zone
WOw.. I was alerted by Din's message about his project...I miss lot of fun and excitement during my absence here..
downloads link may be added so people wanted a good computer books can be benefited..powerpoint presentations created by the members /or collected by the members can be in the downloaded section.. it will be a nice addition if school/college projects codes are added there(of course instead of learning, copycats may ready to spoil the whole idea of sharing knowlledge)

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
Another thing I saw in the 10th grade text book.

They mentioned Ankit Fadia's name and his website url (which got expired long back ? - *www.ankitfadia.com ) and gave details like hes the ultimate guy as far as hacking is concerned. I am not against him and I think he know lil bit in that, but giving a lot of importance to him (like a half page article on him) and not mentioning any real hackers - I think that is not a good thing.

But then we can't do anything about the official syllabus / original textbook and our plan is purely unofficial.

But I mentioned this to the IT teachers in the school and asked them to search in internet / check his wikipedia page for full details - as they were not at all aware of Ankit Fadia controversies.

Back to the topic - internet issues, so couldn't add much to the wiki last week. Will be adding more on the online storage section this week.

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
Added content in the 'Online Storage' (file sharing) page. Added info on Rapidshare, Mediafire, Skydrive and Megaupload.

Any similar sites which are better / lesser limitations ? Please enlighten me.

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
Thank you. Added those site links in the wiki.

I also see Nucleuskore added content in the 'Email System' page. Thank you.

Today, added content under Email clients (same page - Email System). Only outlook express and Thunderbird. Which others to add ? Zimbra may be ?

Also, that page may need a cleanup as I added a lot from Wikipedia especially under the section - Thunderbird.

Max added a new category - People. Famous people related to IT. I think that is sure a good idea. Like at the end of every class, we can mention one form the list and just like a small story, can give more details about them :)

Please comment on...

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
To all the members who contributed / planning to contribute in the wiki site and members who gave suggestions in the forum.

Planning to include video bio.

OK, this is for the intro session I am planning to take before selecting the students / before starting the course. This is for giving them an idea of the group of people who are behind this wiki / syllabus, how they help the students, their expertise in the field of IT / other fields etc.

This is different from the video session classes (in which we are planning direct interaction of the contributing people with the students. May be 15 or 20 mins, but that is after starting classes).

Four options, ;) I prefer the first one as I think that will make it look more professional.

1. If you do not mind showing your face in the cam and not worried too much of revealing your details, please make a video bio !

Nothing serious, just a 4 or 5 minutes video bio where you mention your name, educational / job details, how you met me (online), which section you are contributing (if you are contributing in the wiki - else omit this section, but you can mention something about the syllabus / wiki), whether you maintain any software project / blog / site etc, how the IT course will benefit them and finally a good-luck message ! Thats it.

2. You are not comfortable with a video session and you prefer audio.

Everything goes as case 1, but record only audio.

3. You are not comfortable with audio too !!

Make a plain bio (text / photo etc) writing details as mentioned above.

4. You prefer to be totally anonymous, do not even want to give out your name.

Make a plain bio with a nick / username in TD forum and rest as above.

staticsid

Team Digit
Something just pointed me here... And i must say wow - this is a really nice initiative ! Even i wish to contribute with whatever i can...

staticsid

Team Digit
Hi
Saurabh kakkar very old member to digit forum but i dont know why they have permanently banned me from this forum (No reason specified) .

Regards
Saurabh kakkar

What was your old login id? Maybe i can have a look into it.

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
@staticsid

Thank you for the kind words. Please feel free to join the wiki website. Add whatever you can / whenever you can. Even listing important points matters.

I am planning to go there (Village) by this month end / September first week. Sent an email to the IT teacher for some clarifications - mostly the class timings etc. Will keep you updated.

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
And guess what ?

The senior member (now not very active) Mehul was online today. As I bug everyone regarding this, I imed him and talked a lot about this. He told me he is sure interested and want to contribute. He created a username and started adding content in the wiki.

So happy it goes very well so far. Will keep you updated.

S

S.K

@ @staticsid
Here is my old Login Id
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/member.php?u=16827

Thanks for your support

staticsid

Team Digit
@Saurabh Kakkar (S.K)
I've unbanned you.

As for this thread i'm going to clean it up by deleting all these posts.

Regards,
staticsid

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
@staticsid

Thank you, I see your username in the wiki site, I upgraded the status to Admin, so that now you can add / edit everything in the Wiki site.

On a related topic ..

One of the IT teachers got slightly confused it seems. He told me they ((Two IT teachers) will be able to manage the class and they can do it even in between the regular classes. But I am not in favor of that. I mean, first mixing up the regular (official) syllabus and this may not be a good idea, especially this is meant for a small group who are really interested in IT. Another thing is, they are not supposed to teach anything closed source during the class (during the official class time), so they will be in trouble if they do so.

Also why I suggested I will take (either me or anyone from the IT field itself) the class coz, what we write in wiki or what we teach them is all form our experience. Like for example, we use an email client, we use twitter or we know (comparatively) how to behave in a forum or mailing list. So if the children ask some questions related to these, we will be able to answer it in a better way.

What do you think ? This is not for underestimating the IT teachers, but they are all new to IT. When I mentioned email client, micro blogging, Linux live CD etc, they had no clue about it. So I think if they mix it up, it may lose the charm and children may not get benefited as we planned.

I have sent an email to him and waiting for the reply. May be I need to convince them talking directly. I will keep you updated.

Friends, please comment on this and correct me if my idea is wrong.

Top Bottom