Buying high end phone today

D

Deleted member 118788

s2 or iphone 4. Now You Can Install iOS 5 Beta in iPhone 4

ithehappy

Human Spambot
The only options are GS II and Sensation. GS II it should be. We are living in 2011, there is no need to have your budget up to Rs.35k which was different in 2006-08 when I purchased even an X1 with 41.5k.

azzu

AJJU
Samsung Galaxy SII Rs.29,799 on letsbuy.com with ICICILb coupon

i guess its irrelevant now that we are giving Suggestions and price quotes....
he would have already bought it from local store ( just guessing)

OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota
Thanks for the response guys. This has helped me compile a list. It is being bought abroad so availability is something I can't say for sure. Sent the list so lets see what comes up.

D

Deleted member 118788

If You're Buying From Abroad You Can Buy HTC Thunderbolt or HTC 3D.

OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota
My brothers pushing for iphone 4 16GB. The problem is looking for an unlocked one and also rumours of an iphone 5 release in a few months.
Price: 2600*12=31200

I dont usually wait for hardware that is months away, but I seem to find it difficult to make this choice.

What do you guys suggest?

aniket.cain

Padawan
You know, If I had to buy a phone right now (and I have to, next month), I'd buy Galaxy S2. Just because I'm specs-crazy (And I'd love to have that screen). But a few weeks down the line, I'd be using it only for making calls, sending texts, email, and general browsing while on commute. So, specs really don't matter that much.
In that case, I'd like to have an Xperia Arc. Looks stunning, has good camera and audio quality. Its seems a good phone to me. But for a single core phone, it is costly right now. SO if you are not too much into this spec-thing, then you could give it a thought. Because it has the best exterior design as of now, and the phone is a performer.
(I'll be still getting the S2 though. :D)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
If you can wait then wait for iPhone 5. The iPhone gives a person ultimate bragging rights(even I am not sure why)

Whenever I say to a friend I have a iPod the first reply I get is which brang
I say Apple. He goes like :shock:

OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota
You know, If I had to buy a phone right now (and I have to, next month), I'd buy Galaxy S2. Just because I'm specs-crazy (And I'd love to have that screen). But a few weeks down the line, I'd be using it only for making calls, sending texts, email, and general browsing while on commute. So, specs really don't matter that much.
In that case, I'd like to have an Xperia Arc. Looks stunning, has good camera and audio quality. Its seems a good phone to me. But for a single core phone, it is costly right now. SO if you are not too much into this spec-thing, then you could give it a thought. Because it has the best exterior design as of now, and the phone is a performer.
(I'll be still getting the S2 though. :D)

I already have an xperia arc. Another one is unlikely to make it into the family. My brother needs a phone and he is hell bent on the iphone.

If you can wait then wait for iPhone 5. The iPhone gives a person ultimate bragging rights(even I am not sure why)

Whenever I say to a friend I have a iPod the first reply I get is which brang
I say Apple. He goes like :shock:

You are right. I have an xperia arc and I expected flipping it out and garnering eye balls but things aren't so. :lol:
However its slim design is catchy and sexy so it works. :)

Despite owning this phone I must say almost anything feels inferior to an iphone, because when you pay so much it has to look the part. Whatever you have, the guy next to you flips an iphone out of this pocket and everyone's like :shock: and inside :hissyfit: I want that phone.
The SGS2 despite such a powerful hardware feels like having the wrong creater. I just so badly want the Sony Ericsson or apple guys to design the outer shell, just the outer shell of that phone. Its not a good looking phone hence out of consideration.

A white iphone seems to have my brothers fancy

D

Deleted member 118788

Sarath You've a very good phone so why're you buying a new phone? Wait For Sometime Might iPhone 5 or something more powerful shows up.

OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota
Any other good looking, powerful, good camera phones out there?

My bro is quite avulsive to HTC phones. No amount of convincing helped.

tkin

Back to school!!
I already have an xperia arc. Another one is unlikely to make it into the family. My brother needs a phone and he is hell bent on the iphone.

You are right. I have an xperia arc and I expected flipping it out and garnering eye balls but things aren't so. :lol:
However its slim design is catchy and sexy so it works. :)

Despite owning this phone I must say almost anything feels inferior to an iphone, because when you pay so much it has to look the part. Whatever you have, the guy next to you flips an iphone out of this pocket and everyone's like :shock: and inside :hissyfit: I want that phone.
The SGS2 despite such a powerful hardware feels like having the wrong creater. I just so badly want the Sony Ericsson or apple guys to design the outer shell, just the outer shell of that phone. Its not a good looking phone hence out of consideration.

A white iphone seems to have my brothers fancy
Do you want a phone to impress people? If so buy a chinese knock off, those are the sexiest phones in the market, if you want to use the phone, then its another story.
Iphone4 is cr@p compared to even SGS 1 let alone SGS 2, and also you have to hold it right if you want to make calls(as said by steve jobs).

OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota
xperia play is too bulky and I will get the PS Vita as and when it releases. I would prefer a dedicated gaming device instead.

@tkin, which chinese knockoff? Personally I am waiting for an iphone 5 as the 4 failed to impress me with its design. Also this is for my bro and he doesn't care which is the most powerful phone when both his requirements facebook and games are doing much better in the iOS.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Xperia Play not recommended, reviews say it has a pathetic screen.

iphone 5 as the 4 failed to impress me with its design

I don't think the "front" of iPhone 5 will be as impressive either.

Top Bottom