Buying a smartphone 30k

hannibal2469

Journeyman
hi
im thinking about buying a smartphone within 30k
i just want to know are there any options comparable to the galaxy S 2 i want a phone with a good balance of a pmp, a camera and computing power.

Also are there any new releases lined up for the next 1 or 2 months or so which are worth waiting for, my biggest concern is not ending up with old hardware with new stuff in the market.
thanks in advance

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Well SIII will come this year. Google Nexus prime is coming too. But they are a few months away. atleast 2-3 months.
SIII was supposed to launch on MWC. But now I read a few online reports of it having a separate date.
SII is a safe bet for now :wink:
35k will get you a iPhone 4s as a alternative :|

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
@karan i checked iphone 4s prices and still cant find it below 40k, where did you checked...?
@op you can also check out galaxy note, sensation XE and Moto Razr...

And ya, @op please post buying advice thread in buying advice forum only...

OP
H

hannibal2469

Journeyman
thanks for the replies
i would just like to say again that i need a well rounded device a pmp a camera and good computing power a good balance of everything
im guessing galaxy s 2 is the best for it
i would just like to ask your opinion on galaxy note and galaxy nexus are they worth considering.
also are there any new phones on the horizon in the high end smartphone market

OP
H

hannibal2469

Journeyman
thanks for the replies
the only thing stopping from going ahead with purchasing the galaxy s 2 is the fear that it is really old and something new should be out soon with better hardware costing the same so do you guys think mobile world congress is worth waiting for??

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
At WMC, S2's successor won't be announced. Instead Samsung "may" announce some highend WP7.5 mobile. but HTC & Sony will announce some highend droids. else wait for Galaxy Nexus if you find Note to be too big for a mobile.

OP
H

hannibal2469

Journeyman
im thinking s 2 would be pretty decent the only thing it does not have is a screen like the one in the nexus
can i expect prices to drop after the nexus releases in march or maybe after MWC releases some new phones or should i just go for it right now

anmolmakkar5

Right off the assembly line
I think buying S II is a good decision.. don't wait for new one.. there's always a new edition every month with a new feature ..so buy it fast :)

OP
H

hannibal2469

Journeyman
What about all the buzz around the HTC endeavor or edge which will be announced in MWC. how long will we in india have to wait for it and what will the price be

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ you mean HTC X One? let it get announced. only then we'll know how long it'll take. there HTC will also announce launch dates. Its not like that a mobile will be announced and it'll be available next week. sometimes mobile takes 5-6 month to be available for purchase.

TheLetterD

Will Power
Yes I agree with Sam about the Launch dates for the HTC ones But the Sony Xperia S and the ION were announced a long time back! And I believe they will be available after 1 or 2 Months after the MWC, IN India! I DONT recommend going for the S2!
Yes it is a good phone but then again it looks like a plastic brick!
Take a look at the Xperia S
A beauty, aint it?
It would Definitely be worth waiting for!
:)
*www.cbku.info/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/sony-xperia-s-release-date.jpg

OP
H

hannibal2469

Journeyman
good to know so how will there be any reduction in prices after MWC or in march, i guess the s2 would be priced the same in march as it is now
so i would be better off buying it right away wouldnt i ??

the xperia s may look amazing but ultimately i would give more importance to other features like the camera and the silicon muscle inside the device and value for money of course, which the s2 would offer even though it looks like a brick

Top Bottom