Building a Gaming RiG (40k)

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
1. What is the purpose of the computer?
Ans: Playing FPS & RPG games, loads of video encoding, AutoCAD & STAAD.

2. What is your overall budget?
Ans: 40k (Can extend 1-2k maximum).

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Yes (just mild OC'ing).

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7 (64 bit).

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: NA

6. Do you want to buy a monitor?
Ans: I just need a 20" one. Not more than that.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy?
Ans: HDD, speakers.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: In a week or two.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before?
Ans: Yeah

10. Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Will buy online from SMC, Flipkart etc.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:
Component Make Price
CPU AMD Phenom II 960T 6960
Motherboard Asus M4A88T-M 4800
RAM Corsair XMS3 4GB 1500
GPU MSI R6850-PM2D1GD5 8850
Optical Drive Asus DRW-24B3ST 1135
Case CM Elite 310 1770
PSU SeaSonic S12II 520 3770
Monitor Dell IN2030M 6400
Mouse Lenovo M6811 620
Mousepad Razer Goliathus - Fragged Omega 560
Keyboard Logitech K200 420
Headphone Philips SHP1900 450
UPS Intex 1KVA 2800
Total 40035

>Any better motherboard at this price range? I just want to unlock the extra cores (if any) and OC some 500MHz. Saw many negative reviews of Gigabyte GA880GM-USB3 and so avoided it.

>Will this UPS provide enough backup even when OC'ed?

Cilus

laborare est orare
Here goes my suggested changes:-

Motherboard: Asus M5A88M AM3+ instead of M4A series. Although Flipkart price is around 5.45K, I have heard from different sources that street prices are preety low.
Ram: Spend 50 bucks more and get G-Skill RipjawX @ 1.55K from Primeabgb.com.
Monitor: Dell IN2030M for Rs 6400 which really costly for a 20" display, especially when you can get a 1080P LCD @ 7K. Otherwise get BenQ G2025HDA @ 5.6K. Here is the link: BenQ LCD Monitor Price India, Buy BenQ G2025HDA LCD Monitor - Infibeam.com

OP
RiGOD

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
>Is that board pretty good for mild OC'ing. I mean could you shed some light on its VRM (how many phases).

>How about this one for RAM? Is there any performance difference from RipjawsX series?

>That's an LCD monitor right? How about Acer 20" LED? Its around 6k I guess.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bump!!!

Cilus

laborare est orare
>Is that board pretty good for mild OC'ing. I mean could you shed some light on its VRM (how many phases).
It has 4+1 phase VRM but you can overclock to 4 GHz. There are several Youtube reviews available.

>How about this one for RAM? Is there any performance difference from RipjawsX series?
Buddy, you have chosen XMS3 and I have suggested you Ripjawx. Ya, RipjawX is even better than Vengeance. It can be overclocked to higher degree, 2000 MHz+ and also can run at tighter latency. I am currently running it at CL8 at 1600 Mhz.

>That's an LCD monitor right? How about Acer 20" LED? Its around 6k I guess.
I don't have much idea about Acer display. Atleast check the display uality before purchasing.

OP
RiGOD

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...

Damn man, I intended to put a hyperlink on the 'this' part. I meant this RAM. It's the ordinary Ripjaws, not RipjwasX. Does this have same performance as RipjawsX?

Scorrel

Broken In
Hey RiGOD, I have almost the same specs(except the GPU) that you have mentioned & all that i have to say is you can unlock the X4 960T very easily with core unlocker. I have it unlocked to 6-core & everything is stable.:cool:

OP
RiGOD

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
Hey RiGOD, I have almost the same specs(except the GPU) that you have mentioned & all that i have to say is you can unlock the X4 960T very easily with core unlocker. I have it unlocked to 6-core & everything is stable.:cool:

Nice to know that buddy, BTW which motherboard are you using?

I think paying 500 bucks more for a Phenom II 1075T makes more sense ..

But 1075T is not Black Edition right? Ain't the BE's better for OC'ing, I've read the BE's can OC'ed easily but the ordinary Thubans require some additional procedures;) Is it true?

OP
RiGOD

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
^^Yeah I'll look into it buddy. Let me buy the core components first.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My local dealer has quoted 6k for Acer 20 inch LCD - S200HL. Looking at the specs, is it a good buy?

BUMP!!!

Cilus

laborare est orare
d6bmg, that's a completely wrong piece of info; Do a little search before posting.

1075T is not a black edition CPU but can be overclocked over 4 GHz by increasing the Base clock speed. But remember, overclocked Phenoms do consume lots of power, it will be more than 200W for the CPU only.

So get a good PSU and CPU cooler.

OP
RiGOD

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
^^How about the Acer monitor buddy? The specs looks fine or what?

BTW I'm getting SeaSonic S12 II 520 for 3.6k. Is that good enough for a 960T+MSI GTX 560? Will the lesser TDP of 960T (95W) make it favourable for me?;)

Last edited:

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^^ It looks good.
AFAIK We get a 1080p monitor at about 7k

Look at this to
Dell 20 inch LED - IN2030M Monitor: Flipkart.com

OP
RiGOD

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
^^Yeah the Dell IN2030M is good indeed, costs 6.3 locally. But I've got my eyes on the ACER one. Lemme see what the expert(s) say.

Top Bottom