Budget Gaming PC for 50k Strict

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
Hey guys, my old thread here was now somewhat outdated, so I thought I should make a new one instead of bumping it. Here's the questionnaire filled up.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')

Ans: Primarily Gaming, for playing games like Battlefield 3, FIFA 12, Batman Arkham City, and upcoming titles in there full glory at 1080p.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.

Ans: Overall budget was 40K, extended to 50k now, it is strictly 50K, please do not exceed this.

3. Planning to overclock?

Ans: Yes, both CPU and GPU.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?

Ans: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

5. How much hard drive space is needed?

Ans: Whichever is cheaper, 250GB will do for now, i have external 500GB, will buy more when prices come down.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.

Ans: Yes, 22 inch, 1080p with LED backlight will do.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?

Ans: I want to buy Everything.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?

Ans: Next week, probably before 2nd May

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?

Ans: Yes, will do myself from ground up.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?

Ans: Locally, can't buy online except from Flipkart (COD)

11. Anything else which you would like to say?

Ans: I have my configuration already finalised, just need some refinements is there are any. Heres the config -

AMD Phenom X4 960T --- 7000

Gigabyte GA-880GM USB3 --- 5200

Asus M5A97 --- 6200

G-skill F3-10600CL9S-4GBNT 4Gx1 --- 1665

250 or 320 GB HDD ~ 3400

NZXT Lexa S --- 4200

Corsair CX430v2 --- 2500

Optical Drive --- 1100

KB/Mouse --- 700

Speaker --- 1000

Monitor Benq G2222HDL --- 8000

HD7850 2GB --- 15000

Total 49,765 50765

Please give your opinion about this.

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
CX 430 V2 is not enough to power a 7850. Better get a cheaper cabinet and get something like Seasonic SII12 520 or GS 600

OP
desiJATT

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
CX 430 V2 is not enough to power a 7850. Better get a cheaper cabinet and get something like Seasonic SII12 520 or GS 600

Well, Cilus, thanks for the advice, but I researched a lot and many sources have confirmed that it can handle 7850 easily :) Going for those PSUs will overshoot my budget a lot.

Also Edited the config by changing the motherboard to M5A97 as suggested.

Any more changes guys?

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Anandtech. HD7850 will require ~300W (350W if you OC GPU + CPU). so you are basically running really close to what CX430W can provide.

And get 500Gb HDD. price difference is really less. around 400-500.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
dude,from my own research i have found that 960t's Ship with old athlon coolers with NO heatpipes(i plan this proccy for my own rig,and cilus told me that amd quad cores dont have good stock coolers)
so you may need a Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Cooler if not OC'ing
but you want to OC
this is then best bet for the price
CM hyper 212 EVO

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
HD 7850 actually consumes less power than HD 6850. Seen in many reviews.

Cilus

laborare est orare
desiJATT, from now on if you're planning to suggest or get M5A97 then ditch the idea as at 6.6K range Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 is available which is of better quality, offers 8+2 Phase VRM and hence good for tweaking, more number of sata and USB ports.

Simply get this board instead of M5A97. Available at smc.

d3p

PowerHouse
Go with this.

Component | Make | Price Processor |AMD Phenom X4 970BE|7500
CPU Cooler |CPU Cooler CM Hyper 212 Evo|1900
Motherboard |Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3|6600
RAM |G-skill F3-10600CL9S-4GBNT(4Gx1)|1100
Graphic Card |SAPPHIRE HD7850 Dual X Active|15300
HDD |WDC 250GB Blue WD2500AAKX|3400
DVD Writer |Asus DRW-24B3ST|1100
PSU |Corsair GS600|4000
Case |NZXT Source 210 Elite|2400
Monitor |Benq G2222HDL|7500
Keyboard & Mouse |Logitech MK200|700
| Total |51500

OP
desiJATT

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
desiJATT, from now on if you're planning to suggest or get M5A97 then ditch the idea as at 6.6K range Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 is available which is of better quality, offers 8+2 Phase VRM and hence good for tweaking, more number of sata and USB ports.

Simply get this board instead of M5A97. Available at smc.

Well, i think going GA-970A-UD3 makes more sense :D Will go for it.

Go with this.

Component | Make | Price Processor |AMD Phenom X4 970BE|7500
CPU Cooler |CPU Cooler CM Hyper 212 Evo|1900
Motherboard |Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3|6600
RAM |G-skill F3-10600CL9S-4GBNT(4Gx1)|1100
Graphic Card |SAPPHIRE HD7850 Dual X Active|15300
HDD |WDC 250GB Blue WD2500AAKX|3400
DVD Writer |Asus DRW-24B3ST|1100
PSU |Corsair GS600|4000
Case |NZXT Source 210 Elite|2400
Monitor |Benq G2222HDL|7500
Keyboard & Mouse |Logitech MK200|700
| Total |51500

Thank you d3p, this configuration looks just great. But i have to sacrifice the uber looks of cabinet. But, Source 210 Elite = 2500 and NZXT Lexa S = 4200 that means i have to shell 1800 extra and will total up as 53,300. Will try to shell out extra bucks for Lexa S, if I couldn't, then Source 210 is the way to go for me :)

EDIT

Also, GS600 is on a higher side, my PC won't even cross 400W on full load, so a 500W supply would suffice, also, d3p, you didn't include speakers, that will make it 1k more, so please suggest a 3k PSU which is 500W like CX500 or Seasonic 520 with it's model and price so i can add up the speakers.

Last edited:

funskar

Padawan
Well, i think going GA-970A-UD3 makes more sense :D Will go for it.

Thank you d3p, this configuration looks just great. But i have to sacrifice the uber looks of cabinet. But, Source 210 Elite = 2500 and NZXT Lexa S = 4200 that means i have to shell 1800 extra and will total up as 53,300. Will try to shell out extra bucks for Lexa S, if I couldn't, then Source 210 is the way to go for me :)

Any more changes or should I finalize this build (will decide the cabinet at the last minute) and place the order?

Then finalize 700-800 bucks more .. You will get 500gb wd hdd wid 2yrs warranty:razz:

OP
desiJATT

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
Edited my last post, recheck it :D

Also, funskar, 250GB will do for me, will buy more when prices are down. Can't extend any more, it's already 10k over the initial budget :p

One more noob question guys, I am opting for BTECH CSE this year, so I need to develop applications based on C, C++ and JAVA sometime later. Will this PC be enough for these tasks? Does this kind of coding needs such a high end hardware? I will also be buying a Laptop in August end, which will probably be a netbook for me, as I think coding doesn't need much of a resources does it?

Last edited:

d3p

PowerHouse
i would suggest you to go with GS600, coz the moment you wish to OC both the CPU as well the GPU. It will consume more power & chances are like you might be in the border line.

Better to go with GS600 & with NZXT Source Elite than NZXT LEXA S. Use that extra budget here with PSU.

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
^^Agree with you. NZXT Lexa S is just for people who give importance to from rather than function. The cable management is not up to the mark and it has troubles with large CPU coolers. At the same time NZXT Source 210 Elite may look a bit awkward, but its a great VFM case.

About the PSU, I'd say go for any SeaSonic as they have far better build quality compared to low end Corsair's.

@OP :- Spend your money wisely on performance parts buddy. The eye candy thing will fade out soon.

Darth Vader

In the zone
Seasonic is the best and OEM for many other PSU brands including corsair.

Check out the below review:
Seasonic S12II-520W (recommended for a 50K Gaming PC)
Cost around 3700 - 3900 on ebay.

Seasonic S12 II Bronze 520W Review

OP
desiJATT

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
Ok guys, got your point. I am now going to the dealer for getting the quotation for the following hardware -

AMD Phenom X4 960T

Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3

G-skill F3-10600CL9S-4GBNT 4GBx1

250 or 320 GB HDD

NZXT Source 210 Elite

Seasonic S12II-520

Optical Drive

KB/Mouse

Speaker

Monitor Benq G2222HDL

Sapphire HD7850 2GB

Optional (If I decide to spend more)
First Cooler Master TX3 (Hyper 212 is way over budget)
then,
NZXT Lexa S

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^Agree with you. NZXT Lexa S is just for people who give importance to from rather than function. The cable management is not up to the mark and it has troubles with large CPU coolers. At the same time NZXT Source 210 Elite may look a bit awkward, but its a great VFM case.

About the PSU, I'd say go for any SeaSonic as they have far better build quality compared to low end Corsair's.

@OP :- Spend your money wisely on performance parts buddy. The eye candy thing will fade out soon.

This.

@OP: Instead of looking for a cabinet upgrade, that too just for looks, better to spend on the Hyper 212 Evo or larger HDD or more RAM.

SunE

Professional Newbie
^^ Skud while I partially agree with you, I also think that a bling-bling cabinet is a one time thing, meaning that if he goes for Source 210 Elite right now, he probably won't be getting a Lexa S (or something else) say 1 year later. But things like RAM,HDD and Cooler can be added anytime. So if OP wishes for a good looking cabinet upfront I think he should buy it.

d3p

PowerHouse
A cabinet will never give performance numbers except bling bling.

Especially at this case, he should look more into getting Good processor or mobo & mainly a PSU.

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Not in agreement with you statement.

A Temp difference between a Good Air flow Cabinet and a poor quality one can go as high as 8-10 Deg. which is quite substantial.

I would say skip the Cabinet Upgrade for now though and Invest more in PSU.
520W may be good enough for now but As you got a BE CPU it will require more power when OCed + a Mid High range card in Future like 560 Ti or 6950 etc will push it to limits.

Always buy an overkill PSU imho.

I would say get a TX650 or Seasonic 620W version for total fullproof solution for any single gfx + CPU (Both OCed ) config.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Skud while I partially agree with you, I also think that a bling-bling cabinet is a one time thing, meaning that if he goes for Source 210 Elite right now, he probably won't be getting a Lexa S (or something else) say 1 year later. But things like RAM,HDD and Cooler can be added anytime. So if OP wishes for a good looking cabinet upfront I think he should buy it.

For bling bling, just ensure your cabinet has a large enough side window. Now add LED fans, strips, lightings whatever you want. No need for specialized bling bling cabinet. Particularly, Lexa S. It's problems are already summarized.

Top Bottom