Budget Earphones Discussion and Buying Guide (less than ₹ 2OOO)

Sarath

iDota
Earphones Buying Guide
( INR 1-1000 )

This thread is for people looking at their first earphones; upgrading from the stock bundled earphones or replacing older 3rd party earphones

Most are willing to spend around Rs.500 and gradually go up the ladder with time. Hence this thread will cover that area and help people make their first few choices.

This thread will carry, a list of entry level earphones , their price and if possible Reviews/ User feedback of TDF members

For queries and discussion go here > Headphones, earphones news and discussion thread

Earphones comprise of two types; earbuds and in-ear-monitors (IEM); both are listed separately below:

INDEX

Less than Rs.500

IEMs

Sound Magic PL10 —— Rs. 415
Creative EP-630 ——— Rs. 450 by sreenisatish
Sound Magic ES18 —— Rs. 450

EARBUDS:

(none) as of now

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Rs.500 to Rs.1000

IEMs

Audio Technica Dip (CKL200) - Rs 770
Brainwavz Alpha ——————— Rs.700 (not sure)
JVC HA-FX34 Marshmallow —— Rs. 550
Skullcandy JIB ———————— Rs. 600
Skullcandy Ink'd ——————— Rs.900
Sony MDR-ED12LP —————— Rs 790
Sony MDR-EX50LP —————— Rs 990
Sound Magic PL-13 ————— Rs. 549
Sound Magic PL-11 ————— Rs. 615
Sound Magic PL-21 ————— Rs.900?

EARBUDS:

Audio Technica Cube (C101) — Rs 600

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

More than Rs.1000
(This include earphones that cost a little over 1k which are worthy of a mention)

IEMs

Audio Technica CKP 300 ——————— Rs. 1800(?)
Brainwavz M1 ———————————— Rs.1700 - Reviewed by Krow
Sennheiser CX180 —————————— Rs. 1400
Sound Magic PL-30 ————————— Rs. 1135
Soundmagic MP-21 (with mic)———— Rs. 1140
Techfusion Twinwoofers ——————— Rs. 1200 - Reviewed by Audiophilic

EARBUDS:

(none) as of now

Waiting list (price etc) / Suggestions:

Meelectronics M2P

---

You can contribute to this thread by writing in brief about your own earphones. Create a thread here > Reviews or Audio Zone (for discussions) and title it with "[Review] XYZ Earphones or [Discussion]" for discussion threads
Example of such a thread penned by Krow > brainwavz-m1-value-money-earphones

If you have any suggestions to add more earphones to the list or to improve this thread then feel free to post them here

:)

sujayraj

Broken In
Hi, I was planing to purchase a new pair of earphones. Just confused with so many brands and peoples review. I've sort listed some brands and models. Please tell me which gives Good Bass, Soft and Sparkling Treble, Good Mid Range and good Reliability (at least for one year)?

Sony - MDR-XB21EX/B
JBL - Tempo
SoundMAGIC - PL30
Creative - EP-630
Denon - AHC - 260
Sennheiser - CX 180
Skullcandy - Black - Riot / Smoking Buds
Brainwavz - Pro Alpha

.jRay.

Youngling
Hi, I was planing to purchase a new pair of earphones. Just confused with so many brands and peoples review. I've sort listed some brands and models. Please tell me which gives Good Bass, Soft and Sparkling Treble, Good Mid Range and good Reliability (at least for one year)?

Sony - MDR-XB21EX/B
JBL - Tempo
SoundMAGIC - PL30
Creative - EP-630
Denon - AHC - 260
Sennheiser - CX 180
Brainwavz - Pro Alpha

try Tekfusion Twinwoofers!!!

getting some pretty good reviews from everyone, ive used them too trust me, they beat the crap outta smokin buds n riot...

prds359

Broken In
try Tekfusion Twinwoofers!!!

getting some pretty good reviews from everyone, ive used them too trust me, they beat the crap outta smokin buds n riot...

Check out this info: www.desidime.com/forums/dost-and-dimes/topics/tekfusion-twinwoofers-in-ear-headphones-scam
Why would anyone risk his hard earned money on such a product that has too many negative reviews? What if the product starts decreasing its performance after a week or so? In that case, I think choosing a brand/product that has good repution is a "safe idea".

OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota
Check out this info: www.desidime.com/forums/dost-and-dimes/topics/tekfusion-twinwoofers-in-ear-headphones-scam
Why would anyone risk his hard earned money on such a product that has too many negative reviews? What if the product starts decreasing its performance after a week or so? In that case, I think choosing a brand/product that has good repution is a "safe idea".

It is not a credible source to jump to conslusions. Also any IEM which satisfies atleast 85% of the buyers can't possibly be a scam.
Either ways I am awaiting a review from a very credible source for further comment on the matter. No offence to audiophillic but the more review we have more credible the end result can be.

Hrishi

Tekfusion TwinWoofer needs a price update in the list :- Its price has soared from 1200Rs to somewhere around 1500RS.

audiophilic

Journeyman
It is not a credible source to jump to conslusions. Also any IEM which satisfies atleast 85% of the buyers can't possibly be a scam.
Either ways I am awaiting a review from a very credible source for further comment on the matter. No offence to audiophillic but the more review we have more credible the end result can be.

Code:
*igyaan.in/2012/07/26105/tekfusion-twinwoofer-ear-earphones-initial-hands-review/

Code:
*digiquacks.blogspot.in/2012/07/tekfusion-twinwoofers-review.html

Code:
*gndgeek.com/?p=324

Code:
*the-obscure-dashboard.blogspot.in/2012/08/tekfusion-twinwoofers-review.html

Apart from my own review, these are some i came across while surfing. Be sure to check out. I'll update if i find more. Actually, the real problem is nobody knows think digit that well, so you wont find the Twinwoofers reviewed here so often, so look for other places too if you are looking for reviews. I'll update here if someone is interested in more reviews!

PS I'm sure Tekfusion has many rivals too, who are likely to give false info to everyone. So be careful.

Sony - MDR-XB21EX/B
JBL - Tempo
SoundMAGIC - PL30
Creative - EP-630
Denon - AHC - 260
Sennheiser - CX 180
Brainwavz - Pro Alpha

Comparing the above earphones with Twinwoofers is ridiculous! Its like comparing an almost-studio like experience (which Twinwoofers deliver), with purely average sounding IEMs. Trust me, you have to hear the Twinwoofers for yourself to believe the sound they deliver is incredible. And once you get them, you will never think of buying another pair, unless you are not using the right set up.

I got the White Chrome Edition, and they're still in the break-in stage. Already they are sounding phenomenal! The bass impact is like i've never heard. No MUD, No smudge, only quality bass. Remember the bass you get also depends on the song and the quality of the file. So you have to consider so many things before you conclude your tests. Ofcourse the badly composed songs or poorly compressed files will never sound good nomatter how expensive your headphones!

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
@audiophillic
Tekfusion asked for positive review from a hobbyist reviewer in Tech Enclave and demanded to take prior approval before it could be posted. Otherwise hinted at legal action.

I hope that settles the air then. I am yet to encounter a company which voluntarily ask for positive review. That's pretty bad IMO.

audiophilic

Journeyman
@audiophillic
Tekfusion asked for positive review from a hobbyist reviewer in Tech Enclave and demanded to take prior approval before it could be posted. Otherwise hinted at legal action.

I hope that settles the air then. I am yet to encounter a company which voluntarily ask for positive review. That's pretty bad IMO.

Maybe he was a rival and cooking things up to make it a spicy discussion. I mean, who knows what he asked for. I don't believe any of that as it is very childish if not pathetic. I personally did ask Tekfusion for a review sample for their White Chrome prior to buying, and i was never asked such things as a positive review. Why don't you ask them for a sample yourself and review it for us? instead of believing blindly what someone tells you!

Why would they want positive review from one person and not another, while they have already got so many positive reviews on the net? Does not make sense to me. They could have told me too, but they never asked for a bias! In fact, they treated me with a lot of hospitality that they will provide me the review sample soon. I know many of my friends who also wanted to review the Twinwoofers, and they never told me such a story. Its a cooked-up pathetic story from rivals!

Unfortunately they didn't have any samples at the moment, so didn't provide me with their sample review so i had to buy one.

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^I don't think that he is some sort of rival or driven by hatred towards the company. He rarely do reviews nowadays but since Tekfusion seemed to be an Indian venture, he was interested in listening to what they had to offer.

You can read the whole email exchange pdf if you wish. It's there in Tekfusion review thread.

audiophilic

Journeyman
^^I don't think that he is some sort of rival or driven by hatred towards the company. He rarely do reviews nowadays but since Tekfusion seemed to be an Indian venture, he was interested in listening to what they had to offer.

You can read the whole email exchange pdf if you wish. It's there in Tekfusion review thread.

Never heard of him. The emails are all looking fake. Anyway, have no idea what he was up to. I have asked for samples myself and i never received such fake replies. Looks like made-up.

Anyway, keeping aside that. I think you forgot to change Twinwoofers pricing. Its now 1599.

Abhishek Asole

Right off the assembly line
Hi, i am new to this forum, i am thinking of buying a new pair of headphones. My budget is around 500-600.
with 100-150 bucks either way.
I mostly listen to Rock,hardrock,metal and classic rock/metal.
i need the headphones to be highly rich on the lower scales,ie bass.
but bass must not overpower the vocals n leads.
i am attracted to the Sennheiser MX170 & soundmagic es18.
though i am more inclined to the mx170,coz of their reported rich bass.
but please suggest me sum better models if there are other than these!!

Scavenger

Broken In
Hey, you have left out one of the best IEMs.
SoundMAGIC E10
->It's cheap!
->Awarded 5star by What HiFI!
->2011 Award winner!
-> Reviewed by almost every tech/forums.

Here is an old link to it's price:SoundMAGIC E10 in ear Headphone - Red Black @ Rs.1300 - DesiDime, India's Shopping Community for Best Deals

rkoforever90

Right off the assembly line
tekfusion twin woofers or sony MDR XB30EX

my budget is 2000 rupee ive short listed these two headphone.im a bass head so definitely bass comes first for me.if you have any other better options at the price then suggest me those also

bubusam13

Human
Hi which one will be better among these(strictly).
Creative EP630
JBL Tempo
Sony MDR Extra Bass IEMs
I actually want some nice bass with clear sound among these three.

And how much can I expect for my old Soundmagic MP21 ? In perfect condition and rarely used.

Top Bottom