BSNL to offer broadband connectivity at 2 mbps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
I am also on UL 900
Its seems that now we are not even getting 256kbps ..
Speedtest.net is accurate site as per my experience only problem I feel is that singapore server test server is not capped somwhow by bsnl .

planetcall

Indian by heart
your speed also depends on the remote servers and the distances and the hops. So you need to have an average of a few speed tests. I believe speedtest.net is quite good as it provides many servers to test yr speed. Do 5 tests and take an average. That would be good enough

subhajitmaji

Broken In
i reside in kolkata & hence use to test the speed from calcuttatelephones site
*www.calcuttatelephones.com/bandwidthmeter/initialmeter.php

tinku dhar

In the zone
subhajitmaji said:
i reside in kolkata & hence use to test the speed from calcuttatelephones site
*www.calcuttatelephones.com/bandwidthmeter/initialmeter.php

this site is just crap :|

when i check it always show me more than 2 MBps lolz with 900 plan as well as mine 500 plan lolz

CRAP site :)

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
planetcall said:
your speed also depends on the remote servers and the distances and the hops. So you need to have an average of a few speed tests. I believe speedtest.net is quite good as it provides many servers to test yr speed. Do 5 tests and take an average. That would be good enough

I know that but test from singapore server is giving around 1000kbps whereas other servers are giving below expected ie. around 150kbps ! and downloads are also arnd same ie. slower.
It means something with singapore server !

when i check it always show me more than 2 MBps lolz with 900 plan as well as mine 500 plan lolz

CRAP site :)

Site is alright , only problem is that bcz of firefox and opera's caching algo, it gives misleading results after first test.

Try this on IE 6 and you will get almost accurate result bcz IE 6 is dumb in caching but useful here

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
i'm on UL900 never get more than 23-27kbps *smilies.sofrayt.com/fsc/doh.gif

My bb speed 21.79Mbps=>2.72MBps
*img413.imageshack.us/img413/5435/bsnllm8.th.jpg :shock:*smilies.sofrayt.com/^/aiw/swoon.gif

i used IE7 for this test.

tested on *www.calcuttatelephones.com/ba...itialmeter.php site.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
So, what'd you expect! BSNL specifically mentions on their website that the unlimited plans will not be upgraded.

today officially announced 2 mbps plan (advertisement) in my city`s news papaer by bsnl ...

so now all users of bsnl in my city get 2 mbps speed....

Ahmedabad...

tinku dhar

In the zone
24online said:
today officially announced 2 mbps plan (advertisement) in my city`s news papaer by bsnl ...

so now all users of bsnl in my city get 2 mbps speed....

Ahmedabad...

welll ... ,

sooo u getin the speeed ?

hey .,

do u use BSNL tooo ?

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
aryayush said:
So, what'd you expect! BSNL specifically mentions on their website that the unlimited plans will not be upgraded.

What *smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/_950/upset.gif.

i know, that speed for UL plans were not upgraded. i was just trying to tell that the speed test @ thatsite is not perfect.

Vyasram

The pWnster
all those speed test sites are crap, none of them is good including speedtest.net (they show 300kbps while i'm gettin 250KBps dload)

Taran0000

Broken In
Ok here is my experiance after 30 dec.
I mostly play online games on BB. i m using 900 plan, Bsnl from last 6 months On 30 dec. i got slow surfing and downloading speed but my ping was ok as it was before. The problem got worsed on 3 jan, 4 jan, 5 jan (i nearly got 65 Kbps) but still ping seems ok. Now from 5 jan i m getting more than 150 Kbps but WTF ping goes over 1000. I never saw ping over 1000 +. But still im not getting anywhere near to 256Kbps. As usual i complaint them but no effect. Between i dont see any plus point of increasing speed to 2Mbps for other plans.

Can u guys plss put ping result from this I.P. 62.189.19.246

Cuz i wanted to make sure it isnt only mine problem.

THX
**** BSNL

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
^^
i am getting 333 ping on that ip.

btw , this may fix your problem.

First upgrade your modem firmware to the latest. I have MT880 modem , i upgraded the firmware and did the following settings which provided a better ping rate. If you already have the latest firmware then apply these settings too.

Open your modem seetings by typing this ip 192.168.1.1 in the web browser.(usrnm pass : admin,admin)
click on advanced>>ADSL settings
You can see the following ADSL modulation setting options here
*img151.imageshack.us/img151/6506/liudd0.jpg

I tried out every option and got th following ping results

The pings (for my Dataone gateway) i got for each ADSL modulation settings are as follows :

On ADSL2+ and ADSL2 44-52 ms
On T1.413 and G.DMT 48-64 ms
On Glite 25-35 ms
Multimode is G.DMT

Result suggests that Glite provides the least ping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom