BSNL to offer broadband connectivity at 2 mbps

Status
Not open for further replies.

planetcall

Indian by heart
I just checked bandwidth of my system at home. I cant believe over my eyes....It is 41632Kbps. I am flat dead. Missing home more than ever. i wonder what I could do with all this power.

if its 2Mbps then its 8 times faster than UL 250Kbps. That means even if u download only 2 hours lets say from 6 to 8 am its same as 8 hours download in unlimited plan. LOL.
and also they have increased D/U limit from 1 GB to 2.5GB. thats enough for normal net surfing without download.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
tanmoy_rajguru2005 said:
if its 2Mbps then its 8 times faster than UL 250Kbps. That means even if u download only 2 hours lets say from 6 to 8 am its same as 8 hours download in unlimited plan. LOL.
and also they have increased D/U limit from 1 GB to 2.5GB. thats enough for normal net surfing without download.
Not if your computer, and the internet, is switched on 24 hours a day and seven days a week. :(

Then ofcource UL is for U.
BAD.MY Machine is not so good and I have to pay my Electric bills too.

Last edited:

Vyasram

The pWnster
^^^
with ul plan u can dload abt 2764 MB a day, with h500 u can dl 5610 MB a day on an avg without extra costs

royal

Padawan
Vyasram said:
^^^
with ul plan u can dload abt 2764 MB a day, with h500 u can dl 5610 MB a day on an avg without extra costs

But that is only between 2a.m. and 8 a.m....there goes your sleep unless you have found some ftp which has everything you need or you have a RS premium account :D

planetcall

Indian by heart
^^ Royal there is something called automation. You can automate your tasks :) I have reached to maximum consumption limit of about 15.5 GB with the pity 256kbps line on H500 plan. It was all automated downloading at full throttle for the 6 happy hours :)

royal

Padawan
planetcall said:
^^ Royal there is something called automation. You can automate your tasks :) I have reached to maximum consumption limit of about 15.5 GB with the pity 256kbps line on H500 plan. It was all automated downloading at full throttle for the 6 happy hours :)

Since most of my downloads are from RS, can you teach me how to automate with Rapidshare free account ? :confused: That could be your new year gift to me . ;)

royal

Padawan
Chirag said:
^^
You will have to buy rapidshare account if u want to resume ur downloads.

That's what I was stressing on...no workarounds for RS . You have to stay awake whole night if you want to download from RS during "Happy Hours". :-(

For people like me who download mostly from RS , UL is the way to go .
However for ftp/torrent guys , Home 500 would make a very attractive plan since it will be possible for them to "automate" the downloads. :cool:

Internet for me means connectivity 24/7 ..not only 2-8 crap.so this 2 Mbps is of no use for me...coz leechers like me easily leech over 50GB a month...even If i surf only I will eat up 15GB pm...so I can only afford an UL plan...

kjuvale

Pharmaguru
^^
ya the speed is worst ever sometimes its below 8kBps and sometimes its over 150kBps .............
it really sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom