BSNL to offer broadband connectivity at 2 mbps

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
kjuvale said:
But the usage is in our hand...if we dont download in daytime and only in Nul
2-8 then there will not be any crossing of given limit... anly net surfing dont take 2.5gb of download..

but we must be check regularly our usage to make sure we dont cross the limit or there will be heavy bills.

Don't worry, even if you do not cross the limit, there will be heavy bills as they will charge you for night unlimited usage.:mad:

kjuvale

Pharmaguru
Don't worry, even if you do not cross the limit, there will be heavy bills as they will charge you for night unlimited usage.

why they will charge for night unlimited ...if its night unlimited???????? :mad:

Just Imagine If u have 2 Mbps net, then DL/UL speed will 256 KBps net, and for eg. 700 MB movie will be downloaded in 45-50 min. In Asia is biggest market for piracy....

Main problem is constant speed @ 24 hours...

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Huh They have software based monitoring?

I thought they used crystal balls for that considering that ppl keep on complaining about billing mistakes.

Vyasram

The pWnster
^^^

Their monitoring software has only one fault.

If u start a new connection at 2AM or disconnect it at 8AM, their software will merge it the previous session and calculate the avg charge

Just disconnect the connection everyday at 2AM and 8AM and then reconnect

Use scheduled tasks to do this and u will be fine

open notepad
type
rasdial /disconnect

and save it as disconnect.bat

goto cp>Scheduled Tasks and schedule this to run at 2AM and 8AM everyday

also add another task to schedule a connection at 2:01 AM

this is what i'm doing and everything is fine for me

kjuvale

Pharmaguru
se scheduled tasks to do this and u will be fine

open notepad
type
rasdial /disconnect

and save it as disconnect.bat

goto cp>Scheduled Tasks and schedule this to run at 2AM and 8AM everyday

also add another task to schedule a connection at 2:01 AM

this is what i'm doing and everything is fine for me

same thing i am using last 10-11month and it helps
and i have not got a single bill which is faulty

cyberzook

Journeyman
I tested this new broadband speed at *www.calcuttatelephones.com/bandwidthmeter/initialmeter.php
It showed 1.39 Mbps (1403 kbps):p
Alas they will not give this speed for UL plan and I applied for UL plan a few days ago:-(

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Yesterday night my home 500 connection here in Kolkata went up to 220kbps :D ... immediately i checked with our Cafe account, business too run on 2MBPS but one UL900 (Uncles computer) that we have in 2nd floor stayed there stuck in 256kbps...

but my frnd from Kolkata (Birati) reported his UL900 run on 2mbps... but I have double checked on my home, UL900 stayed there at 256kbps..

but right now, its back to 256... downloading at 29kbps :( ...

may be they were testing ???

ashwinnaidu

Broken In
my friend now has 2mbps connection , and i have only 1mbps connection, we two are paying same amount i.e, 500/ month then why is this difference!!!
Will BSNL allow me if i pay only 250 / month ???

MR.Maran and BSNL people, before implementing anything you have double check and make sure the plans doesn't lead to controversies. After all BSNL is a government organisation.

My question is why should i pay 500 rs for 1mbps connection when the same ISP(BSNL) is providing 2mbps at same cost. Is this fair ?

Brave_Hunt

Journeyman
Brave_Hunt said:
Well in my administration portal still says that I'm on Speed 256 Kbps Plan instead Plan- HOME UL 900 Plus It was always like this even when I was subscribed to Plan -HOME500 : Speed -256 Kbps so technically I'm not on HOME UL 900 Plus Plan. Wonder what speed would I get? :rolleyes: lol

The plan they showed just seems like a big shagoofa :cool: nothing more than trying to improve their performance which is highly doubtfully that they'll fulfill what they're commiting. It's BSNL afterall :rolleyes: heh. Anyways, since I'm HOME UL 900 Plus Plan subscriber (Billingwise :p ) there's nothing impressive for me what so ever. And with these new plans calling this year as a "Broadband Year" is nothing but b**ls**t. Hopefully they'll continue to improve their service in coming months but so far nada. And that's very big disappointment for all those HOME UL 900 Plus users. Actually we've been counting on BSNL heh. For other Plan subscribers HAVE FUN GUYS!! It seems like It'll take us (HOME UL 900 Plus Plan subscribers) some time to join the party. :cool:

Ok THIS is the speed I'm getting afterall...

If this is how it goes....Man I have no problem about it. :D

royal

Padawan
Oh well...guess I expected too much from the Sarkari log, after all :(

Anyway, I prefer to remain on 256kbps unlimited than on 2mbps with data caps, waiting for the night slot. I have spent too many sleepless nights before I changed to UL plan and with the volume of data I download every month (around 40-45 GB) I am not going back to them. :cool:

But BSNL could atleast reduce the tariff of UL plan or increase the speed to 512 kbps :x

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
i'm on UL900 plan & just tested that Bandwidth speed. it shows 320kbps & 366kbps
*img247.imageshack.us/img247/907/bbqr9.th.jpg*img167.imageshack.us/img167/7547/bb1tw2.th.jpg

tinku dhar

In the zone
saurav_cheeta said:
Yesterday night my home 500 connection here in Kolkata went up to 220kbps :D ... immediately i checked with our Cafe account, business too run on 2MBPS but one UL900 (Uncles computer) that we have in 2nd floor stayed there stuck in 256kbps...

but my frnd from Kolkata (Birati) reported his UL900 run on 2mbps... but I have double checked on my home, UL900 stayed there at 256kbps..

but right now, its back to 256... downloading at 29kbps :( ...

may be they were testing ???

guys livin in places like Kolkata , delhi , and other big places r lucky :|

im frm gangtok and here i don't think the changes r recent :( i think it may come here after Jan 15th :(

neways congrats :)

i think this site is showin wrong

when i checked my friends 900 plan its showin something around 1466 kBps and 1122 Kbps but when im downloadin and seein it is the same givin 29 kbps to 30 :)

sooo try downloadin files than u will know :)

Last edited:

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
cyberzook said:
I tested this new broadband speed at *www.calcuttatelephones.com/bandwidthmeter/initialmeter.php
It showed 1.39 Mbps (1403 kbps):p
Alas they will not give this speed for UL plan and I applied for UL plan a few days ago:-(
me too shifted from 500 to 900 UL plus plan last week.:cry:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
tinku dhar said:
i think this site is showin wrong

when i checked my friends 900 plan its showin something around 1466 kBps and 1122 Kbps but when im downloadin and seein it is the same givin 29 kbps to 30 :)

sooo try downloadin files than u will know :)

yep. when i'm d/l somethin, the speed goes @15-25KBps only :(, might be due to the underwater Cable damage. before the Taiwan Quake i used to get solid 30KBps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom