BSNL on project to offer 100 mbps of broadband speed @ Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
infra_red_dude said:
100 mbps?? Loading... I must say Loading...this is the Loading...best fantasy movie Loading...produced by Loading...BSNL Motion Pictures Inc.!!!! Loading...

PS: Sorry Loading...for all Loading...those "Loading..." Loading...I am on BSNL Loading... Ultra Fast Loading... 256kbps Broadband! :D :D
perfect :D

nvidia

-----ATi-----
infra_red_dude said:
100 mbps?? Loading... I must say Loading...this is the Loading...best fantasy movie Loading...produced by Loading...BSNL Motion Pictures Inc.!!!! Loading...

PS: Sorry Loading...for all Loading...those "Loading..." Loading...I am on BSNL Loading... Ultra Fast Loading... 256kbps Broadband! :D :D
^Lolz:D

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
baas hume ullu banaya ja raha hai :mad: :mad:

KAB SE YE LOG BOLA THA KI BANGALORE ME WI-MAX AAYEGA!! KYA HUA USKA :mad:

100mbps to door ki baat hai. saya mere next 50 janam ke baad india me 100mbps aa sakta hai BUT THAT TOO NOT SURE!! :sad:

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
Anindya said:
Thanks for the news. It is indeed a great news. But plz help me clear one doubt- if they r going to rollout WIMAX then why r they going to lay fibre optics for the last mile? Why r they implementing 2 technologies for the same thing? Thanks.
That's because WiMAX is basically going to used for places where it's hard to lay physical cabling. WiMAX is limited to 54Mbps and the end user equipment prices are quite high at the moment.

Fibre optic cables are going to be used in cities where they can lay the infrastructure for the same easily and also operate at a max of 100Mbps compared to 54Mbps. The cost of end user equipment is quite cheap and affordable by end users.

Now do you see the reason for impleting both of them depending on the place of use?

Besides, guys, it's not a dream, you guys need to wake up, can I ask you a simple question? How long has it taken you to shift from 56Kbps to 128Kbps to 256Kbps to 512Kbps to 1Mbps to 2Mbps? For me it's taken just under 2 years. Besides, reliance already has been providing 100Mbps lines through their fibre optic network for several years now. So, don't think these are understatements especially when BSNL makes them. Is there one thing BSNL has not done that they said they will do? BSNL plans and organizes things and when about time to float the tender is when they let the public know. They might have useless engineers, but their underground cabling so far in majority of the place has been fault free. That's becaues they use good standard equipment. Well, if we all have waited so long, why would it be so hard to wait another 2-6 months to see what happens?

Harvik780 said:
Well I think they will provide 100Mbps connection with even higher latencies.

@Harvik, the DoT has clearly mentioned the guidlines and the QOS terms in the broadband providers terms and condtions and let me remind you that India is one is select frew countries where there is a guidline to minimum performance. Even countries like the UK don't have this, if a service provider gives you services less than promised in that country you're helpless!

But at the same time, if you see the Quality of Service (QOS) falling below the prescribed levels by the DoT, then you have the right to go file a complaint in the consumer court! If you don't like ADSL technology like you mentioned before, you can go switch back to Dialup or move to Cable and then you would start appreciating what you had.

People, understand the India is one of the best regualte broadband market in the world, it's people who don't realise that you can file complaints directly to DoT if any service provider falls below the minimum prescribed QOS by the DoT. And let me remind you that these levels set for latency, minimum throughput, downtime etc are set at perfect values and you can't ask for more. I'll get you guys the link the download the doc.

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Cyrus_the_virus said:
How long has it taken you to shift from 56Kbps to 128Kbps to 256Kbps to 512Kbps to 1Mbps to 2Mbps?
From 1998 till 2005. Thats about 7 years rite??!!

Cyrus_the_virus said:
Is there one thing BSNL has not done that they said they will do?
2mbps Unlimited at affordable prices.

Cyrus_the_virus said:
...but their underground cabling so far in majority of the place has been fault free.
I fully agree with you on this. No complaints so far.

Cyrus_the_virus said:
Well, if we all have waited so long, why would it be so hard to wait another 2-6 months to see what happens?
But you said just 2 years, not long! :D

OP
W

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
I agree with what Cyrus_the_virus has said.

People undere-estimate BSNL. I agree that it's not the best customer friendly company around, but it gives the most for your hard earned money unlike Relaince,Tata or even Airtel for that matter (no offence).

What Im surprised is this news should have come from Reliance with FLAG and all the fibre optic they are sitting on!:mad:

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
infra_red_dude said:
From 1998 till 2005. Thats about 7 years rite??!!
I wonder why it took you so long, while i must say that i was talking about from the time of start of broadband. as far i I know, BSNl started their 256Kbps broadband in 04-05, so it's not really that long.

infra_red_dude said:
2mbps Unlimited at affordable prices.
Did they ever promise that with a date or timescale? That is what we want and it grew within us so much that we actually think that they promised it to us and not giving it when they never gave a timescale or date officially;)

infra_red_dude said:
But you said just 2 years, not long! :D
I meant comparitievely. 6months is lesser than 2 years.. so it's longer than 6 months.. that's what i meant as waited so long. :D

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Cyrus_the_virus said:
I wonder why it took you so long, while i must say that i was talking about from the time of start of broadband. as far i I know, BSNl started their 256Kbps broadband in 04-05, so it's not really that long.
Yeah buddy. Thats what I said. Broadband was operation by April 2005. So 1998 to 2005 is about 7 years.

Cyrus_the_virus said:
Did they ever promise that with a date or timescale? That is what we want and it grew within us so much that we actually think that they promised it to us and not giving it when they never gave a timescale or date officially;)
They did not promise anything. But considering the scenario its high time they did.

Cyrus_the_virus said:
I meant comparitievely. 6months is lesser than 2 years.. so it's longer than 6 months.. that's what i meant as waited so long. :D
Yep :)

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
infra_red_dude said:
Yeah buddy. Thats what I said. Broadband was operation by April 2005. So 1998 to 2005 is about 7 years.

You still got me wrong. What I meant was from the time broadband began to what it is today. From 256Kbps to 2Mbps in just under 1.5yrs coz 2Mbps started about a year and back. So, if it can develop at that pace, it's really not going to take long before the next jump happens which is certainly going to be 8Mbps. Few lucky bas***ds already have it :D

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Ya sure the young lad always gets pawned at all places.......call it thinkdigit,local exchange or the BSNL office....everyone is sure sayin somethin.

KHUBBU

Journeyman
W i d e S c r e e N said:
_
What is SK Chakravarti smoking?

Still got no clues on that...anybody????

jokes apart....even if it comes in 2 yrs....dats not bad at all...BSNL is my only hope...coz others are too costly compared to what they provide.....I hope they set minimum speed of 2 Mbps by coming Jan for all plans.... :)

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
i'm waiting for the wimax plan.i'm in sub-urbs of mumbai and bsnl still doesn't give a **** to lay bb lines over here.bb needs to go in the direction of cellphone tariff plans like 20mbps unlimited at 10rs/day.or youtube to home free.better bsnl to bsnl p2p free!!!

2 hrs to sleep and i'm already dreaming

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Suburbs of Mumbai ? BSNL can't set in Mumbai borders.

If you mean something like on the outskirts of Mumbai, then yea, BSNL is a lot shoddy.

nix

arre forget all this 8mb or 100mb bband...its too far fetched... for now, let them provide 1mbps unltd for around 1000rs... thats all i ask for.

Brave_Hunt

Journeyman
The art of the fact is we're all waiting whether we want or not. As far as I and my fellow know here that India is too slow to develop infrastructures. I mean DTH, 3G etc. they all took more than enough time to be implimented. So would WiMax. What's the use of new technology if the price don't fall down? They may give us high speed through WiMax but i rather doubt that price would afordable for a while. We aren't gonna get high speed internet at afordable price until next 5-6 years. But, It's all my presumption let the real picture come out. Till let us we all do what we are all doing already. WAITING!!

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
^^ Are you expecting them to roll out WiMax to normal consumers ASAP?

Let me tell you this, Right now, India is one in the very few countries where WiMax trials have been carried out and going to be one of the top5 countries to start WiMax!

Besides, about a year back, service providers made it very clear that for the intial couple of years, the service will only be provided to corporate consumers untill the cost of equipment falls down. WiMax is a new technology, it's not something that's just new to India, it's new to the whole world and hence equipment available so far from manufacturers like Nokia and Siemens are costly, once the consumer base increases slowly, equipment will become cheaper.

So, for those of you who thought WiMax is going to be brought down to the normal consumer within the time specified, you're mistaken, they are talking about implementing it for the corporate sector untill the equipment costs come down. Besides, would you buy a $1000 WiMax kiosk for recieving the Wimax transmission?

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
Hey guys, does any one remember the state of internet in India before BSNL/MTNL started dataone ? Earlier I could only dream of having any sort of net connection for the little money I could afford. And they provided 256Kbps broadband which seemed quite awesome to me at that time and was so much better than dial up. In fact it has forced many private operators to change their plans for good. And do you remember how we have been provided 2Mbps for nothing extra in return? Can any one Imagine reliance/airtel taking that sort of an initiative. They provided that kind of tariff only because competition from BSNL forced them to do so.

And I don't think their service is that bad, at least as compared to other govt departments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom