BSNL on project to offer 100 mbps of broadband speed @ Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
Source :ET BSNL to float Rs 4k-cr tenders for WiMax

KOLKATA: Telecom major Bharat Sanchar Nigam (BSNL) is all set to float two tenders with cumulative value of Rs 4,000 crore for rolling out WiMax in the country within two months. While the first tender of Rs 2,000 crore for launching WiMax in rural India will be floated next week, the one for urban India will be floated within two months.

Confirming the development, BSNL chief general manager (Calcutta) SK Chakravarti said, “The project for setting up WiMax in rural India will be funded out of the Universal Service Obligation fund and it will initially cover 25,000 villages. The project includes offering broadband connection through this WiMax network in 40,000-odd primary and secondary schools by 2008. Additionally, BSNL will set up 50,000 WiMax kiosks. The entire set of service will at least be on 2.5G technology.”...

"BSNL is also working on a project to offer at least 100 mbps of broadband speed for all.This will be done in stages where in the first stage fibre lines to the nodes will be converted to fibre optics. In the second stage, the plan is to offer fibre to premises (FibreToTheHome/FTTH) and this will allow 100 mbps. We hope to achieve this in the next two and half years.”

Talking about the current waiting list for new broadband connections, Mr Chakravarti said: “There are about 9,000 applicants waiting currently. We hope to bring down the waiting period from three months to about two weeks soon. The delay was the result of exhausted capacity for 1.5 lakh connections.”

Currently, we are in the process of installing additional capacity and the waiting list will come down”.

_
What is SK Chakravarti smoking?

Last edited:

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
^ BSNL chair person called me and we had a conversation... he said: u'll get 100 Mbps connection soon.. i asked: when?

all of sudden... i waked up!

praka123

left this forum longback
hope they give a 4mbps connxn as gift for 2008 with 6GB limit and 12-8AM Night Unlimited.

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz
BSNL has been opening up the roads in here to lay OFCs (and of course caused a few deaths here and there). I used to wonder why, now it all seems to fit the puzzle.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
is it true......????
I can't believe this..If it happens, than I have to shift to BSNL (crap customer care) :D

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
BSNL's current employees are not at all ready for this.The are not educated enough.Also about laying FOC BSNL will certainly make mistakes and if these cables are not shielded properly then they will corrode and become useless in areas where water lodging is a problem.

BSNL employees have always less information about the job they undertake.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Harvik780 said:
BSNL's current employees are not at all ready for this.The are not educated enough.Also about laying FOC BSNL will certainly make mistakes and if these cables are not shielded properly then they will corrode and become useless in areas where water lodging is a problem.

BSNL employees have always less information about the job they undertake.

:p than why don't hey hire most from Digit forum :D

Anindya

In the zone
Thanks for the news. It is indeed a great news. But plz help me clear one doubt- if they r going to rollout WIMAX then why r they going to lay fibre optics for the last mile? Why r they implementing 2 technologies for the same thing? Thanks.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Rockstar11 said:
yh
8 mbps broadband to abhi tak diya nahi hai
aur 100 mbps broadband ke sapne dikha rahe hai :mad:
100 mbps?? Loading... I must say Loading...this is the Loading...best fantasy movie Loading...produced by Loading...BSNL Motion Pictures Inc.!!!! Loading...

PS: Sorry Loading...for all Loading...those "Loading..." Loading...I am on BSNL Loading... Ultra Fast Loading... 256kbps Broadband! :D :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom