Broadband going to get better (???)

Status
Not open for further replies.

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
If Maran actually delivers what he speaks than that would be a great welcome change to the current scenario...I agree with hard rock.

gg_3000

Broken In
It seems that the definition of broadband is going 2 be modified.. Services of 512Kbps and above would be defined as a Broadband Service!!! Currently 256Kbps is min..

goobimama

 Macboy
that 10 Gbps line that I'm talking about is not 10gbps per home, but its gonna be split among households.

2Mbps to 100mbps lines per household (this is one 10gbps line)
1gbps for government offices (another 10gbps line and so on)

They seem pretty convincing...

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Well, I would like to present one important fact here which no one noticed and thought about.

In India we are having biggest limitation that on BSNL & other landlines that you can use only thier own aDSL on it but in other countries.. Landlines are open to anyone ie. if you live in UK and you hv service from BT (BT is name of a landline telephony provider there) then you can get Adsl from AOL, even from BT itself..
there are lots of other ADSL provider who can give service on same line. I donno much detail because I still need to know that how do they do ie. overcome few technical complications in this scenerio.

So they charge Customer for BB as well a negligible amount as rent to the original landline company.

If such setup can b implemented in India then I think will be easier for more company to get in as well as we will have lots of competition = best prices for customer.
In UK 8 unltd is available for Rs. 500 ie comparing to Indian economy (its not a price conversion)

Hope my point is clear.

Last edited:

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
NOW Broadband will go like Mobile revolution in India. Soon it will one of the cheapeast and fastest on the Planet. :)

Jai HIND

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
would be nice if we could have connector jacks at the local bus stands, so that we can just plug in our laptops and browse while waiting for the next bus. And 100 Mbps connections. I am drooling... :)

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
ilugd said:
would be nice if we could have connector jacks at the local bus stands, so that we can just plug in our laptops and browse while waiting for the next bus. And 100 Mbps connections. I am drooling... :)

ANOTHER 5 years for that bus stand thing to happen...or may be 10 :)

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
ilugd!!
Thats very common ie. if you have heard about WiFi hotspots !

@SukhdeepsinghKohli.
Did you read my post carefully ? I am saying that if that can happen ie. Landline open to any ADSL provider then would be so but its not like that .. not even any sign of that .. hope you got my point. ie. there is no such revolution going to start if you are taking my point in concern.

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
ilugd said:
I'd like that too but it's not feasible with the kind of destructive ppl in our country like the ones who destroyed trains & buses today in mumbai over a silly reason.

Last edited:

led_shankar

In Shamful Mystery
I have to ask one thing, can someone please verify if my facts are right?

I believe the govt. mandated that a connection can only be called broadband if it has at least 256 kbps; but most ISPs offer speed upto 256 kbps. Isnt this against the law or something? Obviously, my facts can be wrong. But if it is true, I think the govt would do better to taking care of things like this, wouldn't it?

NucleusKore

TheSaint
ilugd said:
Wifi at the local bus stands would be better

hard_rock

Salieri Family
blackpearl said:
I want 256kbps unlimited at Rs 250 pm. :))

Me too thought same... But in next moment I thought not to be too Greedy.. :grin: I know BSNL wont do that...

Even extending downloading limits from night 2 to 8 to 10PM to 8AM would be acceptable..Coz I browse mostly after 10PM only.. That would be acceptable too..

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
Hey! I just noticed posts 29 to 32. Did i miss it previously or is there a way to insert posts? BTW the times shown for me are all wrong. like i post now and it shows 11 am or something. The last post by @hardrock is shown as posted at 1141am. Is it right?

Last edited:

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
wht is this really like...

so bsnl datone user can have bandwidth of 2 MB???

for 500rs???

wht is it really means and wht amount can we expect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom