Broadband going to get better (???)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
Part of the announcement is based on the fact the the crappy monopoly on FLAG's underwater cables is expiring soon. Once that is done, we'll have high bandwidth available like those lifetime mobile prepaid cards :D

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
^^ Hi Anurag ,

Tell more abt who is in its competition with flag to end its monopoly. I am totally unaware of this matter. not reading too much telecom news lately.

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
I would be happy with 256Kbps unlimited for 500 bucks. This is not much of a asking. All ISPs can definitely provide this.
Figure this...Tata Sky is providing DVD quality pictures for around 225 bucks per month. If they can stream unlimited DVD quality pictures at such reasonable costs, why don't ISPs provide such speeds???

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
well take a look at this plan ... with then compair the price with any ISP of India...

*www.singnet.com.sg/plans_and_services/broadband/snbb.asp?snbb=10Matl

:(

mayneu

Journeyman
this news is not at all there in their site.... why u people r talking about it???

r u sure that what u r talking is true??? u cant rely on news papers always....

can anybody confirm about the genuinity and details about the news???

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
saurav_cheeta said:
well take a look at this plan ... with then compair the price with any ISP of India...

*www.singnet.com.sg/plans_and_services/broadband/snbb.asp?snbb=10Matl

:(
You made me to cry

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
10MBps at around Rs3600? Wow...and also a LCD TV Free! Wow...India needs 150 years for that to happen? These politicians have become a roadblock in getting india to BB SuperHighway...

I want atleast 512KBps Unlimited at Rs 400/month via DSL!! Can anybody give me that?

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
And you forgot about the addon features mentioned in small over there. They're as good as non-existent in our ISP's.

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
You guys better stop day-dreaming. Be happy if BSNL offers 256kbps unlimited for 500 bucks. I think it won't get much cheaper here.

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
After taking a look at that 10Mbps plan........ What the hell bsnl is thinking of? Even after 4 months, I have never received D/L speed more than 28KBps on a 256kbps(32KBps) line, never.

Aditya

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
aditya.shevade said:
Even after 4 months, I have never received D/L speed more than 28KBps on a 256kbps(32KBps) line, never.
Aditya

Join the club!!! I too achieve a consistent speed of 27kBps, sometimes swinging upto 33KBPS.

OP
blackpearl

blackpearl

The Devil
Well I get an average of 29-30kbps download speed with 256kbps BSNL.
The speed depends on how far your PC is from the local exchange; the farther you are, the lower the speed you get.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
mines constant :D

always between 29-30kbps.
i d/l files using the Opera, & it shows me the speed.

last big file i d/l was NFS Carbon Demo @ steady 30kbps & it took nearly 6 hours for complete d/l. :(

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
I do get constant speed of 28KBps when D/L with DAP. If I use the default file D/L program of IE, then I get something like 10-12 KBps.

Aditya

babi_surat

Broken In
Give the cable company a shot, give them the bandwidth and we can take that from them via local area network. The interesting part of this is if you know much of your frnds then u can share the d/l files and the speed for local n/w share will be 1 mbps (min).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom