Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel [PC/Xbox360/PS3]

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
*i.imgur.com/o9jlr5W.jpg

Announcing Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

So 2K & Gearbox have finally confirmed that the new game is indeed going to be called "Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel" and will take place in Pandora's moon. As this is a pre-sequel (may call it Borderlands 1.5), it'll take place before between the events of Borderlands 1 & 2. Just like the games before, there will 4 classes but this time they are not some unknown mercenary but characters from Borderlands 1 and 2. At least 2 of which appeared as boss in Borderlands 2. They'll work under Handsome Jack start as a good character but during the length of the game will slowly transform to the villainous character we know him as of today.

Set between Borderlands and Borderlands 2, you’ll play as four all-new character classes fighting alongside Handsome Jack, witnessing his transformation into the ruthless tyrant you loved to hate in Borderlands 2, and assisting with the rise of the Hyperion Corporation. The signature shoot ‘n’ loot gameplay of the Borderlands series expands with the addition of low-gravity and oxygen-powered jetpack combat, the icy ‘Cryo’ elemental damage type, the deadly laser weapon class, and new vehicles to help you explore the diverse lunar landscape.

The classes are:
Athena the Gladiator (leader of Crimson Lance Omega Assassin squad turned defector in BL1)
Wilhelm the Enforcer (first major boss in BL2, a cyborg)
Nisha the Lawbringer (Sheriff of Lynchwood in BL2, only female boss)
Claptrap the Fragtrap! (no introduction needed for this little pesky fellow)

Being set in Pandora's moon, Elphis there will be some gameplay mechanic change including Oz (oxygen) kits which will power a jet pack which allows double jump & ground slam, new laser weapons (not E-Tech), Cryo (freeze or slow down enemy), headshot enemy Oz helmet to stun them, etc.

Developer: Co-developed by Gearbox Software and 2K Australia
Platform: PC, Xbox360 & PS3
Release: October 14th in US, 17th Worldwide.

Preorder: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel [Steam] and get access to the Shock Drop Slaughter Pit at release!

Class Details:

Athena: Action skill is Aspis (a shield) which absorbs all frontal damage. The Aspis can store a finite amount of absorbed damage as energy, based on the players level. The Aspis is thrown at the end of the active duration, or if the [Action Skill Button] is pressed again. The Aspis creates an explosion upon impact, dealing base damage plus double the stored energy before returning.

Wilhelm: His action skill is known as Air Power which lets him summon 2 drones (Wolf & Saint) to assist him during combat. Wolf takes the more aggressive role of laying down fire on enemies. When he wanders, Wolf will follow his lead and focus fire on the new targets. Saint stays closer to Wilhelm and replenishes his health, and he also has a protective shield. The makes his skill useful in both offensive and defensive situations.

Nisha: Action skill is Showdown. Auto lock on enemy critical hit spots, fire rate, reload speed, accuracy, and bullet speed. Further down the skill tree dual wield is unlocked. Oh, and in the classic style: a whip.

Claptrap: Claptrap’s action skill is named VaultHunter.exe, and when he uses it he’s granted one of several random abilities for a short time. If you’re lucky and Claptrap’s programming is working properly, you might get a brief opportunity to use a version of another Vault Hunter’s skill, like becoming a Gunzerker (In Claptrap’s case, Funzerking!) or a Mechromancer (You’ll love your new fire rate!). If you’re less lucky, you might be stuck bouncing up and down uncontrollably or launching a torrent of grenades that will obliterate friend and foe alike.
Beyond that, depending on the skill tree you choose, Claptrap may also gain the ability to cycle between subroutines that increase his efficiency with different types of guns, health regeneration, defense, or other stuff. He also has the opportunity to choose the world’s saddest high five skill, which can increase gun damage, fire rate and health depending on whether or not your teammates leave you hanging.

Update: Oz kits come with some superb enhancements including slam attack damage, resistance (same as the resistance relic from BL2) & can add damage type to the slam attacks.
*i.imgur.com/ZvEnxdz.jpg

According to telegraph, there will be 2 types of laser: flamethrower type & the blaster (E-Tech type).

If knocked back, one can recover with a quick burst of oxygen.

Legendary Class Mods have Celestial as prefix instead of Legendary.

tkin

Back to school!!
Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

Am I the only one to think that the classes will suck?

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

the game will be more about story than blind shoot-em-up. still i don't understand the idea of Flagtrap. claptrap with guns? no thanks. Athena & Wilhelm should be fun. Wilhelm's concept looks cool. slow transformation from human to cyborg by adding skill points.

Haven't even completed BL2 yet. :cry:

and the DLCs?

gameranand

Living to Play

Same here, started three times, lost interest, game is very boring unless co op(stupid BSNL ping)

I don't get people to play with even if I have net connection which allows me to play.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Once BL2 story gets over, you are basically cut out from the game. All you get is 4 vault hunters discussing about cleaning out Hyperion completely (main game) or taking command of the moon base (Tiny Tina's DLC) irrespective of the class you are playing. With Pre-Sequel my guess is we'll have 4 different ending depending on the character you are playing like typical RPG. Wilhelm & Nisha sticks to Jack whereas Claptrap gets kicked into the frozen wasteland. nothing is known about Athena. So story wise, it'll be a welcome change. Also the gameplay will be familiar but the location will be revamped due to a new team.

- - - Updated - - -

Well OK then we'll play. The problem is that everytime we get online together we usually play DOTA so other games are put on hold everytime. :D

all this started because of Piyush. ban him. problem solved.

Piyush

Lanaya

Count me in too.

- - - Updated - - -

all this started because of Piyush. ban him. problem solved.
Lol why me. I wasnt the first one on TDF to play Dota :D
There were already a dozen of members playing this game.
is it only me who finds borderlands 2 to be boring?
Did you play BL1?

- - - Updated - - -

You have the power to do that. Please do this. :D :p

Yeah sure why not :D

Gollum

Collector

Do you guys play online or offline

I'm finding it a bit hard to shoot from a distance
PS3 so you can guess the difficulty is doubled with the gamepad

Piyush

Lanaya

Almost all of us played it both single player and co-op.
And I thought that shooting with controller is easy just like in GTA type games.

Because you were the one who convinced me to play DOTA 2. :D
Hehe... I see

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

lol...casul :lol:

Top Bottom