Admin
just read whole thread
we talk fantasy 5-6 times
which are best dan brown books in order 8 times
and why immortals of meluha is rubbish 5 times

so who is on goodreads? its great site to compare

DDIF

Custom User Title
Oh I have recommended some books in fantasy and urban fantasy. And I am on goodreads but you probably know that as you added me there.

nav18

Broken In
I have just finished:
How Children Succeed: Grit,Curiosity and the hidden power of Character

by Paul tough

*www.amazon.com/How-Children-Succeed-Curiosity-Character/dp/0544104404

Completed The Last Lecture and Siddhartha

Currently reading:
The Picture of Dorian Gray
A Short History of Nearly Everything

I am going to read "Siddhartha" now.
Thanks @Faun.

thinking about buying two audiobooks. Please suggest some marvelous titles worthy of narration. As for what i like, i find Paulo Coelho, Arvind Agida, Sherlock Holmes amusing. Thanks :)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Completed The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka
and The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde

Started, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^post link or pm me profile?
mine is here

*i.imgur.com/y9frRgZ.jpg

If you liked Jim Corbett, especially wanted more of Jungle Lore or Temple Tiger, this is it. Thrilling stories covered include the loss, hunt and re-finding of "the lost orchid" (some paphiopedilum - looks like a ballerina, couldn't hunt exact variety down), and the story of where all white tigers came from (fully white, not the white with brown stripes). If you want holistic view of nature or conservation, from before all the biases and misinformation of the last 50 years, this is a great book. And it has many full picture pages.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
The Perks of Being a Wallflower is an easy read. And quite a good story so far. I can relate to the movie.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
*i.imgur.com/2OVZcKy.jpg
Its a faster than light civilization that does it by living slower than time. Everyone goes into hibernation at once. Scale is massive, better than anything asimov, clarke or baxter managed. Story spans 14000 years, and involves millions of planets with billions of people and trillions of cash. This tries to deal realistically and scientifically with something impossible, the only other one I can think of that tries so hard to do this is The Light of Other Days. This is ofc not as flawless or scientifically accurate as those authors, but at least the book tries. But there is too much repeated explanation, or world-building. The same thing pops up again and again. Everything is stated many times over to drive home the point. If you get it the first time though, its a pain. Simulations, AI, gameworlds also interact and have real effect in meatspace.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Finished The Fault in Out Stars

It's a bittersweet love story but with hints of humor throughout. Not as uplifting as The Perks of Being a Wallflower but still a good read. Girls will like this book. Told from a girl point of view. While The Perks of Being a Wallflower is from Charlie's point of view. A shy introvert guy. I liked that better because I could relate it to.

Both are very easy read.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Finished The Fault in Out Stars

It's a bittersweet love story but with hints of humor throughout. Not as uplifting as The Perks of Being a Wallflower but still a good read. Girls will like this book. Told from a girl point of view. While The Perks of Being a Wallflower is from Charlie's point of view. A shy introvert guy. I liked that better because I could relate it to.

Both are very easy read.

Also made into a movie

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
*i.imgur.com/P5qvr0Z.jpg
half way through it, gonna find more from this author. its a technological thriller, where all kinds of advanced tech is being suppressed. AI, materials, nanotech, gravity waves, chemistry, physics, biology, psychology, this book has it all. One moment it is talking about human consciousness and emergence of free will on a physical and chemical scale in the brain, next moment dives into structure of space time continuum and sending messages using gravity waves and explaining detected anomalies. Brilliant, fast paced and fun.

- - - Updated - - -

"All my names are real. I like to think of names as local variables. To you I'm Richard Louis Cotton, and so in this scope shall I always remain. To my online raid clan I'm Leeroy Jenkins, and there, too, shall I always remain."

from influx

DDIF

Custom User Title
*i.imgur.com/P5qvr0Z.jpg
half way through it, gonna find more from this author. its a technological thriller, where all kinds of advanced tech is being suppressed. AI, materials, nanotech, gravity waves, chemistry, physics, biology, psychology, this book has it all. One moment it is talking about human consciousness and emergence of free will on a physical and chemical scale in the brain, next moment dives into structure of space time continuum and sending messages using gravity waves and explaining detected anomalies. Brilliant, fast paced and fun.

- - - Updated - - -

from influx

Gotta get it.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Re: Novels recommended by Digitians

Nice books you all are reading. I'm currently reading the song of fire and Ice series. Just finished the TV series and couldn't wait til the next year to find out the story.

Next in line is the Icarus deception. Any reviews of it?

setanjan123

In the zone
[MENTION=56202]Anorion[/MENTION] Oh man the covers of those books are enough to buy those two books. Descriptions are great. Been looking for some good sci fi

Top Bottom