Books/Novels Discussion Thread V1: Literary Gems

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
thanks @rhitwick

i have seen those books shops, and many times they sell at very high price for a used book

can anyone suggest me good books from Tolstoy, Hemingway, Mark Twain, Rabindranath Tagore etc.. i have some books on my mobile phone, the bookks Google is giving free on Play Book app of google, but hard copy is good than mobile reading

ok, found lots of offer on Amazon.in much cheaper than the street shops, grabbed some good copies

please do update here fro any offer on books, like special edition, discount etc.

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
ok, Amazon.in is much better place to buy books online, and that to cheap price for new unused books.

Have started reading

Great Expectation by Charles Dickens

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
hey anyone have bought books publised by Harper Collins, peacok publisher, etc how is their paper and print quality

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
Got three books today!

1) Autobiography of Saina Nehwal by her.

2) The Partner by John Grisham

3) Master of the Game By Sidney Sheldon

*i.imgur.com/uOU4cR1.jpg

Thanks, I got one after your recommendation! :)

I hope I like it or you're gonna be in trouble :))

hwy, what is that 3D glassed like thing, from where you got it ? and what its used for ?

Neo

^^ i think those are bookmarks dude >.>

- - - Updated - - -

oh and btw, i just finished reading the classic The Godfather Book II. FU*KING AWESOME!! Gotta hate them movies.
I also finished this young adult series Vampire Academy (6 books). It was good for a one time read i'd say.

- - - Updated - - -

ah, and i ordered "Fault in our Stars" by "John Green". Saw some people reading it at the airport and immediately fell in love with the title :p

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
i had lots of old hardcover books long back, then i sold it to raddi wala, and yesterday i realised those books were worth of thousands of rupees, but now i know that books do value more

tkin

Back to school!!
The White Tiger by Arvind Adiga is a damn good book, very much recommended.

Also if you're into historical fictions you might want to try Best Kept Secret by Jeffry Archer, but be warned though, if you want to understand the book you have to read the other two first, Only Time Will Tell and The Sins of the Father, and prepare yourself for a major cliffhanger like the other two books :(

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Reading Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse

Though not much impressed halfway through the book. But the most awesome lines just walked past through my eyes.

"'Maybe,; said Siddhartha wearily,'I am like you. You cannot love either, otherwise how could you practise the love as an art ?" Perhaps people like us cannot love. Ordinary people can -- that is their secret.'

zapout

Ideas are Bulletproof
Re: Novels recommended by Digitians

reading "Dance with dragons" by RR Martin.
Its the most recent book and next book isn't expected till 2015..so I'm going very slow with with; but halfway through it anyway.

zapout

Ideas are Bulletproof
Re: Novels recommended by Digitians

"song of ice and fire" series books are my first read...and i was hoping to find books in the similar genre or in science fiction.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Digital Fortress by Dan Brown- One word, enthralling ! You'll never ever feel bore to the slightest extent.

Any techie/CS major must read it.

9.9/10

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
Digital Fortress by Dan Brown- One word, enthralling ! You'll never ever feel bore to the slightest extent.

Any techie/CS major must read it.

9.9/10

This is one of the best works of Dan Brown. His recent ones were very bad in my opinion. I personally like Angels and Demons and Digital Fortress.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^I too have heard a lot about Angels & Demons & Deception Point. Will surely read them after the experience of DF.

btw I actually (almost) cracked the final code before the book :p

Inceptionist

Journeyman
I read digital fortress and thought 'what the heck is rotating ciphertext/cleartext?' (don't remember which was it). That is not how encryption works.
Digital Fortress ? Stranger Than Fiction | Armin Ronacher's Thoughts and Writings

Top Bottom