Bloggers' Corner

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
*UFO spotted over theme park in Virginia*
*i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn//video/us/2009/06/16/dnt.va.ufo.sighting.wavy.384x216.jpg

Apparently, Ms Smith, the one who took the video says that she believes what she saw and also, there is some ring of evidence that this is true.

Catch the aliens at :- *bluehillsbeckon.blogspot.com

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
*UFO spotted over theme park in Virginia*
*i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn//video/us/2009/06/16/dnt.va.ufo.sighting.wavy.384x216.jpg

Apparently, Ms Smith, the one who took the video says that she believes what she saw and also, there is some ring of evidence that this is true.

Catch the aliens at :- *bluehillsbeckon.blogspot.com

Seriously looks like Photoshopped. :lol:

Indyan

Here Since 2003
Win a 1 Year Mozy Home Unlimited License worth $54.45

I have a mozy home unlimited license with me and I am giving it away. All you need to do is leave a comment on the contest page.

Don't miss out on this oppertunity. My blog isnt a top tier blog, so you have a good chance of winning.

Opera – Still The Speed King

You must have come across one of the many browser comparisons which rely on benchmarks like Dromaeo, Sunspider, V8 and Peacekeeper. The main problems with these synthetic tests are that they simply measure the JavaScript rendering speeds. While rendering JavaScript is one of the more time consuming aspects of page rendering, js rendering speed tells only a part of the story. There are various other aspects like HTML/CSS rendering that must be taken into account in order to truly judge a browsers rendering speed.
Frustrated with artificial and misleading tests, a blogger took it upon himself to measure the real rendering speed of browsers. In order to achieve this he utilised offline copies of popular websites including Baidu.com, Blogger.com, Facebook.com, Google.com, Havenworks.com, Live.com, Myspace.com/tom, Reddit.com and Wikipedia.org. The average time taken to render each of these pages by all popular browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Opera and Chrome) was noted. And here are the results:
Opera - 204
Safari - 205.2
Chrome - 205.5
Firefox - 416
Internet Explorer - 556.8

Ten Add-ons That Will Make Songbird Rock

I started using Songbird when I began using Linux (again). I wanted something with a powerful library and an intuitive user-interface. Amarok just didn’t feel right on GNOME and although Exaile was pretty brilliant I still felt something was missing. That was till I tried Songbird. I had last tried it on windows a long time back (when it was initially released). But Songbird had improved vastly since then. Songbird isn’t perfect but combined with the awesome add-ons – it soon became the media powerhouse that I was looking for. In fact now Songbird is my default media player even on Windows (replacing Windows Media Player).
Songbird is a great media player in itself and the latest release adds a few much needed (equaliser) and much requested (library management) features. However, what makes Songbird really stand out from the crowd are its add-ons and web-integration. Songbird makes use of the Gecko (Firefox) engine to allow tabbed web browsing right inside the player. Without much ado here are ten add-ons you must install if you are a Songbird user.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Cristiano Ronaldo claims he is worth 80 Million Pounds. My take on this -

Ronaldo - I'm Worth It!

Yes, the greaseball is at it again. Not content with proclaiming himself as the 3 best players in the world, the epitome of modesty has claimed that he is worth the eye-watering sum of 80 Million Pounds....

Read On!

:D

Indyan

Here Since 2003
Google OS is Here and It’s Called Chrome
*www.pallab.net/uploads/images/misc/chrome_title.jpg

People have been speculating about a Google Operating System ever since Google released Gmail. And the rumours about Google OS grew even stronger after they announced Android in late 2007. However, all these speculations about Google’s own operating system were just that – speculation. Today Google changed all that. Earlier today they dropped a bomb through an innocuous looking announcement on their official blog.
Google’s new operating system is going to be called Chrome. It will be an open source product that Google is said to be building from scratch based on the Linux kernel. Like all Google products the focus is going to be on simplicity, elegance and utility. Speed and security are expected to be two hallmarks of the Operating System.
Continue Reading my analysis

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Wordpress Install and Support Service

Well I am now providing you with a unique Wordpress Install and Support Service which will help you with setting up of your first wordpress blog, getting a cool theme for it and a set of essential plugins/addons for it. I will also submit your blog to major search engines. I will also optimise it for SEO, Adsense and setup feed subscriptions on your blog and even email notification for new posts. Also I will coach you about Wordpress so that you become comfortable in using it. On top of it, I will provide a 20 day Support and Maintenance service.

Continue for more details

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Words’ Worth PART 1: “Reinvention” – As I Lay Dying

This is the first entry in the series which I announced yesterday. I chose the name Words’ Worth for this since it is derived from the name of one of the greatest poets of all time – William Wordsworth. Oh, and also because here I’m trying to highlight the ‘worth’ of some ‘words’. Daft as it seems, it’s the best I could come up with after a tiring day....

Read More!

comp@ddict

Unseen HAVEN
*2.bp.blogspot.com/_31ceqIxskEk/SlxVvooVB2I/AAAAAAAAAMQ/5gErQqW4rO8/s400/DSC08141.JPG

*bluehillsbeckon.blogspot.com

Indyan

Here Since 2003
Tweeting From The Web – Two Worthy Alternatives
*www.pallab.net/uploads/images/theweb/twitter_web.jpg
A surprisingly large number of users still use Twitter’s web interface for tweeting. A good majority of them are basic users who possibly don’t need advanced features offered by the desktop clients. However, there are times when even power users are forced to use the web-client. For example, when tweeting from office or cyber cafe. Here are two new web-based alternatives to Twitter.com which were released earlier this week. They offer features comparable to desktop clients right inside your browser.

comp@ddict

Harry Potter - Movie Review

*misseva05.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/harry-potter-and-the-half-blood-prince-20080320101218658_640w.jpg

*bluehillsbeckon.blogspot.com/2009/07/harry-potter-movie-review.html

comp@ddict

Watch the July 22 Total SOLAR ECLIPSE - LIVE

*2.bp.blogspot.com/_31ceqIxskEk/SmRFDA7LvpI/AAAAAAAAAMY/C67SdSa-5Lk/s400/total_solar_eclipse_20061.jpg

End Time
Maximum Eclipse at
India​
05:54​
07:18:11​
06:21:00​
Bangladesh​
05:59:16​
08:04:39​
06:58:14​
Japan​
09:55:39​
12:30:19​
11:13:00​
Singapore​
08:40:52​
09:43:56​
09:11:26​
Indonesia​
16:20:18​
18:50:14​
17:40:54​
China​
08:33:45​
10:54:09​
09:41:59​

*bluehillsbeckon.blogspot.com/2009/07/watch-july-22-total-solar-eclipse-live.html

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Mumbai witnesses the highest tide ever

Watch the pics of highest tide which lashed on the Mumbai shores yesterday & day before it.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Save Bandwidth with Presto

Fedora 11 bought an excellent feature to its package manager YUM. If you have been religiously following the discussions on mailing list then you might know it. If you are clueless then let me tell you. It is known as ‘Presto’. Presto is designed to save bandwidth incurred when the user upgrades the current software to a new release (version). Presto relies on Delta RPM’s which are smaller in size than regular RPM’s

Continue reading...

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Fedora 11 Review

It has been more than a month since the release of Fedora 11. Many top sites have already posted their review of this eleventh version of Fedora. Meanwhile I decided not to jump on the bus too soon but use Fedora 11 for a month before giving my words on it.

Continue Reading...

Coool

I'm Back!:D
how to start conversation with a girl

u have a girl’s number and wondering how 2 start a talk. if she is someone who knows u, then no problem, u can carry on smoothly. but if u r not known to her she’ll hardly talk, na?? there’s a trick to start a good conversation and keep it on

Read on.... :D:D:D

Last edited:

Coool

I'm Back!:D
how to make friendship with a girl

now this is something which every guy is intrested in. there could be many ways to work this out but u can never be sure of anything. if the girl is smart enough to guess what u r upto, u would end up only being a laughing stock. but there’s a way to woo any kind of girl, provided u have guts.

Read on... :D:D:D

Top Bottom