Better alternative to wait-in-the-line file sharing services.

sygeek

Technomancer
If you're looking to share a file with a few of your friends, it doesn't get any simpler than Fyels. Just drag and drop a file onto their web page, and it will spit out a short link that you can send to your friends.

Fyels is a mostly empty webpage, onto which you can drag and drop nearly any file for quick sharing. Other than a 2 GB size limit, there are no other caveats, like waiting times or registrations, so you can just send your file and get on with your day.

When you share a file, Fyels will give you a password in case you want to delete the file from Fyels' servers later on. To delete a file, you can just re-enter that short link with .delete appended to the end of it. Then, after typing in your password, the file will no longer be accessible through the original link. If you're looking to send a file to a friend with minimal hassle, Fyels is a pretty cool way to get it done quickly.

I recommend TDF users to use Fyles instead of wait-in-the-line file sharing services.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Wow.. too simple. I mean, things can't get simpler then this! Not even an FAQ link!
Where to know about info like, the duration for which the uploaded file would be present, on the server?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Ok, looks like Twitter is the only option.

And btw, I forgot to say thanks to SyGeek for the find! :)
Thanks dude! You just made life a little easier for us geeks who love to share :))

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Yeah, Fyels is a great sharing site. And now it support files of up to 9GB!
But don't depend on it as of yet, for you crucial work. It happened to me, that I once uploaded a file, and later couldn't retrieve it. Turning to their Twitter account, came to know, their was some glitch, and they promised, that it won't happen again.
So its evident that, they would take their time, to become reliable!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
TSF SyGeek ;-)

So far I've used mediafire - will have to try this one - looks so simple and file size limitation 9GB - more than enough ! ;-)

Top Bottom