Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am an FPS Freak

Votes: 3 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ asingh

Get gran turismo 5 for your ps3. Its better than all of the above.

Will give you the feel of a true racing simulator. No pc racing titles can match it. Forza series from xbox is its true competitor.

On the other hand , F1 shouldn't be in this list cause its completely an F1 simulator and is totally hardcore. Its not recommended even for the slightest casual racer and is almost impossible to play using a keyboard and mouse. Great simulator though.

Dirt series are rally sims. If you are a rally fan, dirt series will easily satisfy you.

For arcade racers, the latest NFS HP(hot pursuit) is the crown holder and has surpassed NFS most wanted by miles. Its even better than burnout paradise. I've tried all these.

I recommend GT5 (gran turismo) handsdown. Just get it eyes closed.

pratik385

In the zone
For PC :
Try the usuals-NFS, Testdrive and Rfactor. If you have wheels then Rfactor is the game for you. Its really a great simulator. My friend has it and we play for hours on pcs :D

Also Forza mentioned by vickybat is really great.

gameranand

Living to Play
For me nothing beats NFS Most Wanted till date. Burnout was really good but not as good as Most Wanted. NFS Hot was good but no free roaming with cops and kind of limitation was not good for me.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
According to me best racing title till now:-
NFS Most Wanted-10/10
NFS Underground-9/10
NFS Underground 2-8.5/10
Burnout Paradise -7.5/10
Grid-7.5/10
Dirt 2-7/10
NFS HP-6.5/10
Blur-6/10-Very enjoyable game i must say. :)

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
For me nothing beats NFS Most Wanted till date. Burnout was really good but not as good as Most Wanted. NFS Hot was good but no free roaming with cops and kind of limitation was not good for me.

Then you are not a hardcore racer. Racing is not a sandbox game like gta.

You race on a track and not roam in a big city. You are referring to arcade racers and nfs most wanted is one of them. You race in a city.

The latest nfs hot pursuit is a lot better than most wanted and throws some intriguing challenges. Its the best nfs game yet.

Games like gran turismo and forza are in a different league and are driving simulators. You just don't compare them with games like most wanted and ridge racer series.

Niilesh

Padawan
Just saw this thread

if anyone want to play most wanted with better graphics have a look at this

New Most Wanted HQ TexturesMod V2.0 RELEASED!!!!!! - NFSCars Forums

just download the HQ version
i used it about a year ago and it was awesome
use it with the unofficial patch for playing it at higher resolution

also if you want to replace cars you can see this
NFSCars (Need For Speed Cars)

gameranand

Living to Play
Then you are not a hardcore racer. Racing is not a sandbox game like gta.

You race on a track and not roam in a big city. You are referring to arcade racers and nfs most wanted is one of them. You race in a city.

The latest nfs hot pursuit is a lot better than most wanted and throws some intriguing challenges. Its the best nfs game yet.

Games like gran turismo and forza are in a different league and are driving simulators. You just don't compare them with games like most wanted and ridge racer series.

You got me. I am not a hardcore racer although I do play and like to play simulators like Dirt series, F1 series, NFS shift etc but then agin I like arcade racing most. Nitrous, thrashing cars, wrecking my opponents is what I like most.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Dirt series is not an Sim, its the most arcadish game out there, its more arcade than the new hot pursuit.
Just because it has amazing graphics and equally fantastic damage model, it doesn't make it a Sim.
F1 game, if all the assist are turned on, it becomes a casual gamer's game, just pick & play.
That hot pursuit game is more like the "challenge series" from most wanted :p
Don't try test drive unlimited series, is the most boring racing game,play it only if you want to drive across large island.

pratik385

In the zone
You got me. I am not a hardcore racer although I do play and like to play simulators like Dirt series, F1 series, NFS shift etc but then agin I like arcade racing most. Nitrous, thrashing cars, wrecking my opponents is what I like most.

Do give a shot to rfactor mate, its really a correct simulator. :)

Sarath

iDota
Burnout Revenge and NFS Most Wanted. When I played those, which I did alternatively, I couldn't make up my mind which was better. Although I definitely did feel the "Revenge" was more enjoyable. Its saddening that it doesn't fare in the list. I have played HP, Paradise and Blur but none were as much fun as those PS2 ones. A pity the new hardware lacks the "fun" factor.

Gran Turismo is a completely different experience. Highly rewarding and awesome simulator. A nightmare for an arcade racer but blissful for simulator lovers. Must have game.

The HP was good but does not beat MW, IMO. Waiting for Run :-D

Burnout Revenge -10/10
NFS Most Wanted-10/10
Blur-8/10 (So much fun, highly understated)
NFS HP-8/10
NFS Underground-?/10
NFS Underground 2-?/10
Burnout Paradise -6/10
Grid-?/10
Dirt 2-?/10

Blur is higher than HP for slightly more satisfying online gameplay and having a very difficult "Career" mode. Less graphics though.

Thanks Tenida for template ;-)

deepak8286

Broken In
whats so special in nfs mw......is it better than the latest features of nfs?

can any one tell the features and how it is better than others?

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
That game had a demo, so either try that or watch some YouTube videos, then you'll know what made that game such an success.

gameranand

Living to Play
whats so special in nfs mw......is it better than the latest features of nfs?

can any one tell the features and how it is better than others?

It have a real nice story which is quite honestly rarity for racing games. Then you have the best cop chases which will just blow you up and also controls are very good and all cars till 2005 are there. Map is also very good and have variety and not to mention nice sound effects and graphics. For now it may look not that good but at that time this game was quite a looker.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ deepak8286 - just start playing NFSMW and once you get hooked up you will not want to leave it - this one will keep you going on and on ;-)

pratik385

In the zone
That game had a demo, so either try that or watch some YouTube videos, then you'll know what made that game such an success.

It have a real nice story which is quite honestly rarity for racing games. Then you have the best cop chases which will just blow you up and also controls are very good and all cars till 2005 are there. Map is also very good and have variety and not to mention nice sound effects and graphics. For now it may look not that good but at that time this game was quite a looker.

@ deepak8286 - just start playing NFSMW and once you get hooked up you will not want to leave it - this one will keep you going on and on ;-)

No NFS game has yet been able to reach the mark set by NFSMW. Believe it.

then lets c how NFS:The Run fairs in this

Agreed guys that MW is Benchmark for NFS series, but i also like underground2 nice story and one thins is unbeatable in this game ie music :wink:

i have MW, any patches available, I need new cars and improved graphics. And can we include our own playlist in music of game, how ?

Top Bottom