Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am an FPS Freak

Votes: 3 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gameranand

Living to Play
ico said:
wondering why didn't anyone vote for GRID.
Actually Grid has a semi simulator type controls and asingh said he is new to this genre so Grid would be hard for him with those damage and completely staying on track. In MW or burnout if he goes offroad nothing happens but try that once in Grid and you have lost the race.

Krow

Crowman
Games like GRID and Shift are simulators. I couldn't play either. Arcade is much more fun to play. I still do not enjoy simulators. I think newbies should start at Arcades and then move to simulators.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
To be true Shift is a LOT HARDER than grid.
I play Grid with all driver assists turned off. Not that difficult for me. Occasional crashes.

Then at a friends place I played Shift. Drove at Nurburgring Nordschliefe with Nissan Gtr and Audi R8 Lms. Had difficulty just keeping a car straight.
Diffulty was set to experienced , setting like traction control,abs completely off.
Grid's nothing compared to Shift in difficulty.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
To be true Shift is a LOT HARDER than grid.
I play Grid with all driver assists turned off. Not that difficult for me. Occasional crashes.

Well I may be wrong here, but isn't Shift the easiest racing game out there? I remember it had those green arrows to navigate you on the road, you just can't get off those green arrows I guess!

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
ithehappy said:
Well I may be wrong here, but isn't
Shift the easiest racing game out
there?
Nope man. In options(setting) menu, go to a setting where you can change car handling or something like that and change it to 'experienced' then completely disable assists like traction control, abs,etc
Chose a fast car like Nissan Gtr, a track like Spa.
After a few corners, the true difficulty will show up.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ asingh

If you want to try hardcore racing, then try simulation based racers like Grid , dirt 2 and shift. Codemasters is doing a better job than ea in racing sims and ea is better in racing arcades. The recently released nfs hot pursuit is an excellent arcade racer and will give you unending fun.

But if you want to test your driving skills, then grid, dirt2 and even f1 2010 should be in your list. Grid 2 is on the way and so is dirt3.

gameranand

Living to Play
thetechfreak said:
Nope man. In options(setting) menu, go to a setting where you can change car handling or something like that and change it to 'experienced' then completely disable assists like traction control, abs,etc
Chose a fast car like Nissan Gtr, a track like Spa.
After a few corners, the true difficulty will show up.
Really??? Try Grid at hardest difficulty and tell me. I find Grid harder than shift on hardest difficulty and even on normal difficulty. And about assists just go to manual transmission on Grid and soon you'll fry your engine.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Nah man. I find Grid easy. Just bought Shift.

Grid in American circuits is hard.

I play Grid with manual, havent yet fried my Engine once. Completed 20 seasons, my team is no. 1. Driver is round 20.

Will post bout Shift tommorow.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Shift, Gird both are semi simulation games. But, yes.. on Normal settings and handling preset set to 'pro' in Shift and equivalent on GRID, Gird felt more challenging. Also, Grid has more difficulty levels.. so it allows players to find their sweet spot. :)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
OP, get Grid first. Shift is very system demanding(will work well in your cross fire pc though)
If I play the game at medium, the graphics are ugly.
My Celeron cant handle more than that.
Grids engine seems well optimised and I comfortably get 40 fps approx with everything maxed out.

Piyush

Lanaya
@big bro
so you tried any one of them
well i personally recommend you to play these

Most Wanted (nice storyline)
Burnout Paradise City (really cool environment and soundtracks)
Blur (if you like arcade racing, this one is for you....i liked it very much)

Top Bottom