Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Race Driver GRID

Votes: 6 10.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
So we needed a fresh new start on this one. Another year is about to fade out & we have been through the good (& bad) times of games released for this year. We have a truck load of contenders for this title but seeing that the forum restricts me to only 10 games to stay in the poll, I guess I'll have to oblige. But that doesn't mean YOU can't voice out your opinion on which game you felt was the best & which deserved to be right up there on top. Feel free to name which game you felt was the most deserving for this year & of course why you felt that way.

Please bear in mind this is a PC only game nomination. So the console owners can have a new thread entirely. Make sure you pick just one title only as this isn't a tag team competition. Also do comment on why exactly did you pick the title & what made it so special for you. My special apologies if I have missed out any of your favourite title(s).

So without any further yapping let me get straight down to this year's nominees for the Best game of the year for 2008.

*DRUM ROLLS*

1.) Mass Effect
2.) Fallout 3
3.) Call of Duty World At War
4.) Grand Theft Auto 4
5.) Far Cry 2
6.) S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Clear Sky
7.) Devil May Cry 4
8.) Dead Space
9.) Assassins Creed
10.) Race Driver GRID

I have left out Prince of Persia from the list as it's still due for release on the PC. If that turns out to be a better title then we can always update it. Ladies & Gentlemen let's fire away with the voting shall we? :D

PS: Leave the flame throwers at home & just let this be a simple voting session. :)

toofan

Technomancer
I had started a similar thread where was it gone. I searched but its lost. Oh my god Somalian terrorist hijacked it. Rescue him.:D:D

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Max 10 options allowed like he said.

I prefer COD:WAW, simply because the multiplayer of COD4 with the weapons of COD2 was like a long lost thought, and it finally materialized with WAW. Once you get addicted to multiplayer, the single player element of any game, however exotic, becomes redundant, atleast to me.

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I forgot to add my take. Like I said before, It has to be Devil May Cry 4. This game grabbed me by surprise actually & made me a fan of the whole series. Capcom finally got their act together after a dud DMC 3 port for the PC & revamped this baby with their MT Framework engine. The result was this beautiful piece of port which has to be the most optimised port ever. Stylish gameplay, cheesy storyline, good soundtrack & lush cut-scenes. Good job guys. :D

where is nfs uc ???
Seriously? Just kidding. As you can see it allowed moi only 10 options in the poll & this game wouldn't really cut it for this years biggie. But if you really feel so please express why it deserves it. ;)

I had started a similar thread where was it gone. I searched but its lost. Oh my god Somalian terrorist hijacked it. Rescue him.
The gods above thought that it needed a sequel so well here it is. No offence to the original though but it desperately needed more publicity. :D

*HINT* Next time try posting a picture of Paris Hilton at the beginning to please the mods *HINT*

*HINT 2* OR may be not *HINT*

Where is "none of the above"?
Did I forget to mention Rule No: 101? ;)

You need to have the game INSTALLED on your PC & must have completed atleast one run with it.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
GTA4. Ignoring its performance issues, its an awesome game and I have played it a LOT on X360. The gameplay is just mind blowing, so is the story and the ambience. PC has better graphics than consoles which is also a good thing. My vote goes for GTA4. Next in line would be STALKER Clear Sky. Just loved that game!

amitava82

MMO Addict
It already is!!

Or may be definition of "best game" has changed. May be you guys are confused with "best game" and "Best looking game".. lol

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^I would have voted it and Clear Sky too, but both leaves me with empty feelings.

May be you guys are confused with "best game" and "Best looking game".. lol

Does it matter for blessed ones :rolleyes::D

Last edited:

arijit_2404

still find time for games
You included "Far Cry 2" and "Assassins Creed" ?

Thread fails here.
There should be one more options. None of the Above for writing his/her own game name.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
OMG, how hard is it not to understand? The forum allows only 10 options, so if you don't have your game there, either choose one in the list or completely ignore it and type along your game summary. Do you have to been said None of the Above literally as the OP has already put it in his post?

Comments on the games would be better than comments on the thread else don't bother posting at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom