Best Audiophile Headphone Below 7k

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^I can understand the confusion and frustration as I was going through same situation a month ago. Despite of 4k budget, I ended up buying 2k headphone, and I feel today that I took the right decision :).

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
^I can understand the confusion and frustration as I was going through same situation a month ago. Despite of 4k budget, I ended up buying 2k headphone, and I feel today that I took the right decision :).
What according to you is the best Headphone under 7k??

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^I'm no audiophile mate. But just suggestion- these are some items which we buy only after worthy time, so why not take the best available and not regret later? :) (wait and go for M50)

But M50 are known to not easily driven. So that again puts a need for an amp. :|

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
^I'm no audiophile mate. But just suggestion- these are some items which we buy only after worthy time, so why not take the best available and not regret later? :) (wait and go for M50)
Hmm, the wait will kill me, I'll sell of my siberia and raise some cash.

But M50 are known to not easily driven. So that again puts a need for an amp. :|
Can a steelseries USB soundcard drive it?

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
^Hope so. Which card you got exactly?
SteelSeries - Gaming Headsets - SteelSeries Siberia USB Soundcard

Steelseries USB soundcard, uses some C-Media Virtual 7.1 surround chip, the virtual surround actually works ok, but I use 2.0 mode for music, 5.1 for movies and 7.1 for gaming.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
^You already own it?

BTW the link you gave is showing there is no official 7 support :p
Yes, the page does not show it, but if you check the driver download section a Win 7 driver is already available and it works flawlessly.

The drivers are being updated even as of 2012.

Sarath

iDota
there is a guy selling a V2 on another forum for 4.5k new but no box. :|

I'm out of options. After an extensive search I decided on the M50 and found them for 6k too :)|) but postponed the purchase. :|

Flipkart.com: Denon AH-D1100 Headphone: Headphone very expensive indeed

Check out:
Sony MDR-XB700 or 500
Panasonic RP HTF600 0GB Price India, Panasonic RP HTF600 Review, Panasonic Headphone India - Infibeam.com
V2 on Erodov (proceed with caution!)

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
there is a guy selling a V2 on another forum for 4.5k new but no box. :|

I'm out of options. After an extensive search I decided on the M50 and found them for 6k too :)|) but postponed the purchase. :|

Flipkart.com: Denon AH-D1100 Headphone: Headphone very expensive indeed

Check out:
Sony MDR-XB700 or 500
Panasonic RP HTF600 0GB Price India, Panasonic RP HTF600 Review, Panasonic Headphone India - Infibeam.com
V2 on Erodov (proceed with caution!)
M50 for 6k? WTF?? Where? I think I'll wait for the M50 to come to stock again, FML.

Sarath

iDota
Also there:
Flipkart.com: Panasonic RP-DH1200E-S Headphone: Headphone
Flipkart.com: Denon AH-D510 Headphone: Headphone

M50 for 6k? WTF?? Where? I think I'll wait for the M50 to come to stock again, FML.

I postponed the purchase and they got sold. Sorry should have completed the story before getting you excited.

(Some guy had bought an extra pair and was selling it sealed)

Also pristinenote went from 7k to 9k overnight. :(

They are a little balanced though but people have told me they are not analytical and have ample bass. I guess we are not satisfied with ample. ;) I decided on some Vero Moda cans and I am awaiting a fairy to land from USAland.

If I had to buy locally I would go with the Sony ones. For some reason they throw immense amount of bass into their cans. :)) (making it a little muddy though)

I think I'll wait for the M50 to come to stock again, FML.

I dont think the price will come down any time soon. Pristinenote said the same on TE. Especially when the new stock is yet to arrive and takes considerable time to clear.

Unless $ hits 45 again and AT decides not to sell it for such a premium you wont see the 6.5k price tag again. :|

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
Its not even available here anymore. Where the hell is my M50?? :D

Last edited:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^If you'are basshead, Sony XB series mentioned by Sarath is the way to go. XB= xtra bass :)) btw I have heard lot about XB500. And yeah, prices are not gonna cool off very soon. I got my M20 for 2.1k inspite of site's price @ 2.7k :shock:

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
^If you'are basshead, Sony XB series mentioned by Sarath is the way to go. XB= xtra bass :)) btw I have heard lt about XB500. And yeah, prices are not gonna cool off very soon. I got my M20 for 2.1k inspite of site's price @ 2.7k :shock:
I like bass, but not a basshead, I have doubts about Sony cans, don't remember anyone recommending them, its either M50 or Grado SR60i/AD700, damn it :|

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
^No feb, at least march (take my words). Most of audio items are out of stock. I also wanted to buy pl-21.
*a1.mzstatic.com/us/r1000/051/Purple/66/d4/26/mzi.esztuhqc.png

I can't take this anymore............ :-x :cry: :evil:

On a side note, any idea how much a 6 months old Siberia(v1) would fetch me?

Top Bottom