Beryl on Linux Runs Cool Effects on Intel 915 - What has Microsoft Done to AERO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
^^^ yeah lets see what people gotta say on both sides?? :))

but even i doubt 915 supports sm 3.0 totally....

{n know what? this thread just reached a century!!! lol :p }

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
gx_saurav said:
Vista is an OS for all, end user means u, me, the workstation guy can very well use some extra GPU processing power while his PC is rendering something.
So you are saying that Vista "enhances" GPU processing power?

gx_saurav said:
What do u mean by dynamic UI? If you are talking about those animations Beryl shows, then I don't think u have seen the .net 3.0 & aero's demos out there which gives the developers easy & very efficient ways to do things....your desktop is all 3d now, do whatever u want. Ever seen 3DNA desktop on Windows? Show me something like that using OpenGL & Beryl plz.
Links please.. I have not seen the things you speak of, so i cannot comment.

gx_saurav said:
So, would u like to still use DX 7 class onboard gfx of Intel 845 series in 2007 or DX 10 complient onboard graphics of GMA X3000? If it wasen't for MS, then intel & AMD would have never released the new series supporting DX 9/10.
Why not! If it can run better effects than Vista'a Aero?!

gx_saurav said:
High end, HIGH END? GeForce FX 5200 is high end...from which angle kalpik? It was released almost 4 years ago, not high end from any angle. Do u still want to stay with Intel 845 class onboard graphics supporting DX 7 & openGL 1.4?
Why not! If it can run better effects than Vista'a Aero?! And an FX5200 is definately high end when you compare it to 915 on-board.

gx_saurav said:
No, u will not get a GPU accelerated UI in XP, it will still be GDI+ based CPU accelerated UI. Means opening 99 windows will slow your computer in XP but not on Vista.
Dunno about this, so wont comment.

gx_saurav said:
Not always, OS B is just showing the eye candy part & not doing anything else.
Isnt that all we expect from a decent UI? In case you havent noticed, we've been talking only about the UI part till now, untill you and your co. barged in!

gx_saurav said:
It isn't using the Laptop graphics in a better way to reduce power consumption by running less code (Example). Have u ever seen how easy the code for Aero is when running on DX 9 hardware?
Proof please..

gx_saurav said:
In what twisted world do u call 512 MB RAM & GeForce FX 5200/ Intel GMA 950 as "high system requirment" :confused:
It was.. Untill Vista came..

gx_saurav said:
Aero does not require DX 9c/Shader model 3.0. It works fine on DX 9b
Whatever it uses, its not doing a good job :p

gx_saurav said:
64 MB RAM isn't recomended for Aero, 128 MB RAM is. Also it is shared sytem RAM & not local RAM as in desktop graphics card. Obviously it is slow. Increse the shared RAM size from BIOS for GPU.
Shared memory in graphics cards, not a good idea!

P.S. GX, you act as if you are the lead developer of Vista/Aero. Read the thread title again, and honestly tell me if what we are discussing is remotely related to the topic!

Oh, and im STILL waiting for the proofs to all the mumbo jumbo you said in your previous reply! (especially the hot swap graphics cars thingy..).. Oh.. and you STILL didnt tell me how you can see the cursor on the monitor even when the monitor is unplugged :p Even if we believe you for a moment, even then, i'd HAVE to restart the macine after installing new drivers.. so what the heck.. there goes my swankey new hot-swap-graphics-card-while-the-system-is-on feature :rolleyes: To think of it, when we say that linux does not need reboots, you say you dont care cause you anyway reboot your PC once a day.. You say that's only usefull for server use, not desktop use.. And now you talk of hot swap graphics cards.. Its really funny! I'd like to quote iMav here:

iMav said:
ya rite .... tum karo toh chamatkar hum karen toh balatkar ...

LOL!

kalpik

Good! At least we have started seeing some links now! :)

But AFAIK, this thing is just like a game running on top of windows.. Where does all the mumbo jumbo about Aero, which GX enlightened us with, fit in? It clearly says it runs on XP/2000.

vish786

"The Gentleman"
Help~Is~Here said:
gx_saurav said:
915 chipset only supports DX 9b & that too...Vertex shaders are supported only in software
He's going to give you proof that 915 doesn't support 9.0c? I'll give you the proof that he's wrong.

i'm just wondering how is my 915 mobo running directx 9C, i guess my mobo was specially made for supporting dx 9C :p

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
kalpik said:
Good! At least we have started seeing some links now! :)

But AFAIK, this thing is just like a game running on top of windows.. Where does all the mumbo jumbo about Aero, which GX enlightened us with, fit in? It clearly says it runs on XP/2000.
kalpik said:
gx_saurav said:
What do u mean by dynamic UI? If you are talking about those animations Beryl shows, then I don't think u have seen the .net 3.0 & aero's demos out there which gives the developers easy & very efficient ways to do things....your desktop is all 3d now, do whatever u want. Ever seen 3DNA desktop on Windows? Show me something like that using OpenGL & Beryl plz.
Links please.. I have not seen the things you speak of, so i cannot comment.
:)

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
vish786 said:
i'm just wondering how is my 915 mobo running directx 9C, i guess my mobo was specially made for supporting dx 9C :p

ONE CORRECTION THOUGH...

you can run DX 9.0c on DX 9.0b hardware...

hell, i installed dx 9c on a system with 1 mb SIS GFX card...:D

so you get it wrong... having DX 9.0 c and supporting DX 9.0 c are totally different things......:p

The restrictions on installing new DX are only with Windows Vista in which you cannot even install DX 10 on any older non-supporting hardware...
For those hardware there is separate 9.0 L version

though this is a seriuos drawback... meaning future DX 10 exclusive games and apps wont work with even high end 9.0 c hardware such as 7950 x 2 in SLI.. a total of 4 Gfx cards... lol........ HEY I JUST POINTED OUT A BOOOO BY MS !! LOL :p

hope that clears things out:cool:

vish786

"The Gentleman"
bikdel said:
so you get it wrong... having DX 9.0 c and supporting DX 9.0 c are totally different things......
No wonder, the expected reply :lol:

QwertyManiac said:
gx_saurav - You still owe the world an explanation to where the end of your monitor cable lies.
didnt u already say earlier QwertyManiac... in A$$ :))

Last edited:

kalpik

^^ Naw.. he's actually right Vish786! Even i have DX10 installed on Vista, does not mean that my FX5700 supports it!

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Yup, Bikdel is right of course, the ability to run a version of Dx doesn't make the chipset completely supportive of it.

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
perhaps vish786 thought i was one more 'fanboy' :)) and he desperately wanted to put onr more fanboy down> lol.... look at my signature guys.... put some light?....... hehe.... anyways lets get more on topic..........

vish786

"The Gentleman"
bikdel said:
perhaps vish786 thought i was one more 'fanboy' :)) and he desperately wanted to put onr more fanboy down> lol.... look at my signature guys.... put some light?....... hehe.... anyways lets get more on topic..........
no ur wrong, i'm not against anybody here, i just wanted to make my point about the 915 mobo... i hardly care who's among which side , m on the side of JUSTICE :)

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
^^
So prove this statement wrong :

I have Direct X 9.0c Installed on a system with 1 MB SiS PCI Graphics Card which was manufatured 9 years ago.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
i decided and promised that i wont post here but this is amazing :lol:

:lol: lin boys fighting amongst themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom