Beijing Olympics: One tiny fake & one fiery fake

Status
Not open for further replies.

karnivore

in your face..
The tiny fake:

At the last moment a member of the Chinese politburo who was watching a rehearsal pronounced that the winner, a girl called Yang Peiyi, might have a perfect voice but was unsuited to the lead role because of her buck teeth.

So, on the night, while a pre-recording of Yang Peiyi singing was played, Lin Miaoke, who has already featured in television advertisements, was seen but not heard.

Read more...

The fiery fake
Beijing organizers confirmed Tuesday that some of the fireworks display featured prerecorded footage.

Fireworks that burst into the shape of 29 gigantic footprints were shown trudging above the Beijing skyline to the National Stadium near the start of the ceremony.
Though the footprint-shaped fireworks were real, some of the footage shown to television viewers around the world and on giant screens inside the "Bird's Nest" stadium featured a computer-generated three-dimensional image.
Read more...

Some people on this forum just can't get enough of China. Well....

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Shame shame...puppy shame............
Specially for the lipsync one............. Just because someone is 'more pretty', she gets the credit for singing......Must be a heartbreaker for the singer girl.!!!:x

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
the singer thing.. is too much.. just becuz some girl is beautiful shes on stage.. even though she is not a singer :mad:

amitava82

MMO Addict
Look around you. You will find 1000s of such examples including some from your own life. Some people are just too jealous.

OP
karnivore

karnivore

in your face..
Look around you. You will find 1000s of such examples including some from your own life.
Aha...so two wrongs do make a right. And they told me otherwise. Damn them. BTW, confusing "your own life" with others ?

Some people are just too jealous.
Yes indeed. Since Planet Earth has run out of countries, China has become something to be jealous of.

Lets see what we should be jeolous of:

No democracy- CHECK
No freedom of speech - CHECK
No freedom of movement - CHECK
No free press - CHECK
Heavily censored Internet - CHECK
Kill citizens and then charge their family for the bullets - CHECK
Displace citizens so rich can have some RnR - CHECK

Man I am turning GREEN.

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
Well;

Largest Growth Rate - CHECK
Largest Military - CHECK
Population Control - CHECK
Far Better Health Services - CHECK
Far Better Infrastructure - CHECK
3rd Country to go to Space - CHECK
Arguably The Largest Economy in Near Future - CHECK

Man Im turning GREEN as well. :D

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
Well;

Largest Growth Rate - CHECK
ALl thanks to foreign investments.:D,hardly any big native company like Infosys.
Largest Military - CHECK
argg....what can I say....unnecessary expenditure in this world of nuke warfare.

only if bigger military meant better security,not anymore my friend.Kamikaze terrorists ftw! lol.
Population Control - CHECK
Obviously not by using condoms.

Far Better Health Services - CHECK
If anyone say that Indian health services is not competent,I would kill him right away.bleh.....you guys have no fuking Idea.

Far Better Infrastructure - CHECK
Rome wasn't built in a day

3rd Country to go to Space - CHECK
Does it even matter?

Arguably The Largest Economy in Near Future - CHECK
Or maybe not?

who knows.

Most importantly:Govt. is for people,people are not for Govt.I bet you wouldn't like to live in China.You abuse politicians here openly,there you would be hanged.

Growth comes at a price but the people of china have had to pay dearly.

Man Im turning GREEN as well. :D

You gotta respect your motherland no matter what you do,where you are and no matter how bad it is.

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
The_Devil_Himself said:
ALl thanks to foreign investments.,hardly any big native company like Infosys.
Does it matter? Why dont that many companies come and invest in India then?

The_Devil_Himself said:
argg....what can I say....unnecessary expenditure in this world of nuke warfare.

only if bigger military meant better security,not anymore my friend.Kamikaze terrorists ftw! lol.

I understand that larger Military doesnt necessarily imply better security. But bear in mind that India has the 2nd largest Military. If what you say is to be followed, then thers no reason to be proud that India has the 2nd largest military? We all know about the frequent bombings.. What are the security forces doing?
Chinese forces are atleast MORE effective. Internally I mean. Externally, we dont have much wars going on isnt it?

The_Devil_Himself said:
Obviously not by using condoms.

Again, does it matter? Indian population is becoming more and more difficult to sustain. At this rate of growth, do you in your best senses think that India may lead? The future?

The_Devil_Himself said:
If anyone say that Indian health services is not competent,I would kill him right away.bleh.....you guys have no fuking Idea.

Competent? Yes but at a smaller scale. Effective and holistic? No.

The_Devil_Himself said:
Rome wasn't built in a day

Still, India had more time.

The_Devil_Himself said:
Does it even matter?

Why not? Isnt Indian government trying to follow suit? I bet in a few years India will be doing the same.

The_Devil_Himself said:
Or maybe not?

According to present statistics, YES and YES. We of course do not know the future but folding ones arms and looking at the proceedings like a dumb, that aint gonna help.

Now Im really sorry for being so provoking, But lets face it, Its true. Human rights condition in China is bad, but thats the way Communism works. Tell me, how much good to the country has more human rights in India been? Both sides lack a lot many things..

And I APOLOGISE for hurting you al guys sentiments, but I stay in a region from where you can see it all best. I am a Nepalese and I know a bit of both, thats what fueled me to give my two cents.

Let this be a healthy discussion, not a flame war. :)

nix

^ agree 100%.
let us not flame each other. it is something very easy to do... instead we should try to be reasonable. those

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
Does it matter? Why dont that many companies come and invest in India then?
party due to high taxes and infinte no. of licenses required.
Still,Our growth is sustainable whilst theirs is not by themselves.

I understand that larger Military doesnt necessarily imply better security. But bear in mind that India has the 2nd largest Military. If what you say is to be followed, then thers no reason to be proud that India has the 2nd largest military? We all know about the frequent bombings.. What are the security forces doing?
Chinese forces are atleast MORE effective. Internally I mean. Externally, we dont have much wars going on isnt it?
take a side dawg! you can't have both the head and the tail!

and do you think those internal bombings are done by some damn terrorist groups?Thats ignorant of you.of course this sucks even more but then again no country is perfect.

Again, does it matter? Indian population is becoming more and more difficult to sustain. At this rate of growth, do you in your best senses think that India may lead? The future?
YES IT DOES MATTER! its not a matter of choice there.

If I want to have half a dozen kids and I can support them,then I will have them!.Not so there my friend.Its good as long its your choice,it sucks when its forced.

countries like Netherlands have a negative population growth,the govt. actually promotes and aids couples with children.

Population is never a burden,its a boon if used correctly.And I don't see many people having a lot of kids anymore,wait 20 more years and you will see a negative growth curves here too which sucks even more.

Competent? Yes but at a smaller scale. Effective and holistic? No.
bleh....Like I said you don't have any Idea.Indian docs and hospitals are one of the best in the world,they are overburdened but they still work efficiently.

Maybe you don't know you have like 1-2 months waitime for a freaking dentist's appointment in US,just imagine some superspeciality.And not to forget the prohibiting costs.Medical tourism ftw!

Still, India had more time.
what can I say?60 years aren't many methink.

According to present statistics, YES and YES. We of course do not know the future but folding ones arms and looking at the proceedings like a dumb, that aint gonna help.
Are we just folding our arms and looking like a dumb?Lols.

DUDE,this is the time,India is the place! I am at the right place at the right time!

Now Im really sorry for being so provoking, But lets face it, Its true. Human rights condition in China is bad, but thats the way Communism works. Tell me, how much good to the country has more human rights in India been? Both sides lack a lot many things..
you said it my friend.for me:Humans\citizens over country anyday? who gives a damn about your skyscraoers when your citizens are not least bit happy?

maybe too much freedom have spoiled us,and we have forgot to appreciate little good things in life.Free uncensored Internet(mostly),Independent press,freedom of speech(which is so dear to anyone),RTI,etc etc.

And I APOLOGISE for hurting you al guys sentiments, but I stay in a region from where you can see it all best. I am a Nepalese and I know a bit of both, thats what fueled me to give my two cents.
Hurting? And No my friend you don't live in a place where you see the best.I have no Idea how an average nepalese percieves India,but I have an Idea now.and remember GRASS IS ALWAYS GREENER ON THE OTHERSIDE OF THE HEDGE.

Life sucks here sometimes(or maybe all the times),but still I know its my country and like no other country no matter how much we curse and abuse it.

Let this be a healthy discussion, not a flame war. :)
amen

Last edited:

Renny

Padawan
Lol this is turning out to be a debate,

The Chinese will go to any extent to showcase itself well even if it means suppressing its own people,

These Chinese would have been no where without the FDI USA and other countries have been poring in since 1980,

India has achieved most of its economic success and growth because of our home-grown companies,

The Chinese are preventing the Uyghurs of the Xinjiang province of even bracing their own religion(Islam) and prevent the Uyghur children and people from learning the Qu'ran and even demolished mosques.

nix

party due to high taxes and infinte no. of licenses required.
Still,Our growth is sustainable whilst theirs is not by themselves.

they made their economy attractive. they made infrastructure. to say that they are not in control of their economy is incorrect.

take a side dawg! you can't have both the head and the tail!

and do you think those internal bombings are done by some damn terrorist groups?Thats ignorant of you.

hmm.. you can say pakistan is behind all terrorist attacks india, but what do we do about it? we dont even warn them. pakistan will not dare to sponsor terrorism in china. no country dares to mess with china, as they will not hesitate to use force. they dont care for USA either. just wait till the olympics gets over, then they will show their true colors.

YES IT DOES MATTER! its not a matter of choice there.

If I want to have half a dozen kids and I can support them,then I will have them!.Not so there my friend.Its good as long its your choice,it sucks when its forced.

countries like Netherlands have a negative population growth,the govt. actually promotes and aids couples with childrens.

Population is never a burden,its a boon if used correctly.And I don't see many people having a lot of kids anymore,wait 20 more years and you will see a negative growth curves here too which sucks even more.

what you are saying doesnt make any sense. you cant have ten kids just coz you can support them. you have to think about india's resources too. we are running short of power, water and space. if we continue to multiply like this, then there wont be any space for farming and cities will keep becoming bigger and bigger and there wont be place for farming... what are you going to do then?? you may have money. but can you eat it? one day we in cities will have power outages like in villages. one day there will be so many ppl in india that passengers will have to jump off planes with parachutes coz there wont be place to land the plane...

Maybe you don't know you have like 1-2 months waitime for a freaking dentists appointment in US,just imagine some superficiality.And not to forget the prohibiting costs.

1-2 months to meet the dentist? that is exaggeration. that is not true. what a joke haha... they have few nos of docs coz students do what they feel like doing. not like here where colleges are factories mass producing engineers and docs. thats why we have very very few researchers. all the new stuff is made by them americans and we just work on that.

what can I say?60 years aren't many methink.

60 aint many? how many more you need? 300?. there are no excuses.

Are we just folding our arms and looking like a dumb?Lols.

what are we doing? really IT and freedom of press, expression is the only thing we can boast of.

you said it my friend.for me:Humans\citizens over country anyday? who gives a damn about your skyscraoers when your citizens are not least bit happy?

there will always be some people who wil be unhappy, you cant please all.

Hurting? And No my friend you don't live in a place where you see the best.I am afraid Nepal isn't there on world's political map anywhere.No personal offense.I have no Idea how an average nepalese percieves India.and remember GRASS IS ALWAYS GREENER ON THE OTHERSIDE OF THE FENCE.

respect people of all nationalities. what did you learn in school?. just coz he in nepal, doesnt mean he cant see or know anything. never degrade any country.

and i dont believe in flaming anybody. flamers are losers. when they dont have anything to say in defence, they flame. its the easiest thing they can do...

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
I will be short.

what you are saying doesnt make any sense. you cant have ten kids just coz you can support them. you have to think about india's resources too. we are running short of power, water and space. if we continue to multiply like this, then there wont be any space for farming and cities will keep becoming bigger and bigger and there wont be place for farming... what are you going to do then?? you may have money. but can you eat it? one day we in cities will have power outages like in villages. one day there will be so many ppl in india that passengers will have to jump off planes with parachutes coz there wont be place to land the plane...

exactly,I can have 10 children and still be considered equal to peeps with 1 kid.Its entirely my choice and having a choice doesn't mean you have to do it.

think rationally,will ya please?

read the bolded parts,I am sorry to say but you are a fuking racist my friend.You think people like you living in cities are different than the people living in villages.Anyways no point arguing over it.

1-2 months to meet the dentist? that is exaggeration. that is not true. what a joke haha... they have few nos of docs coz students do what they feel like doing.
I have never been to US but If some peeps from US say so,I would rather believe them.
not like here where colleges are factories mass producing engineers and docs.
still we,students, are competent enough for anything and generally better than any other country on an average.

And In case you don't know there are hardly about 8k MBBS seats in govt. colleges per year iirc.JUST 8K.
thats why we have very very few researchers. all the new stuff is made by them americans and we just work on that.
blah.....blah......blah.....why don't you go on and become a reseacher?

60 aint many? how many more you need? 300?. there are no excuses.
that was a comparative figure and yes there is no excuse!

what are we doing? really IT and freedom of press, expression is the only thing we can boast of.
you forgot shaktimaan and shahrukh khan ffs!

Seriously,ask the peeps who don't have them and you will know.We tend to take things for granted which isn't so in the first place.

respect people of all nationalities. what did you learn in school?. just coz he in nepal, doesnt mean he cant see or know anything. never degrade any country.
HYPOCRITES.you fuking degrade your OWN country.Obviously he knows nothing compared to me when it comes to India and life in india,don't you think so?

and i dont believe in flaming anybody. flamers are losers. when they dont have anything to say in defence, they flame. its the easiest thing they can do...
exactly.

no point arguing with ingrateful losers.

edit:
double quoted and bolded for attention.

We come from a land of two-month waits for a dentist’s appointment (and cancellation charges if you don’t show up). Of surly cashiers who pretend not to notice you standing in front of them. Of supermarket checkout girls who will call their manager to complain about YOU. Of postal employees who separate themselves from the world by three-inch-thick bulletproof glass. Of emergency rooms empty of attendants, with nothing but a clipboard for you to put your name down. Of drugstore employees so notoriously bitter that our friend could dress up as one for the Halloween parade and yell at people and everyone who saw him — people of all races, from all neighborhoods, representing all income classes — immediately got the joke.
But here…! When you need your teeth cleaned, you can make an appointment for that afternoon.
I have no reason not to believe what they say.Medical tourism is for real ffs!

SOURCE

CONCLUSION:

I don't say India is a great-great country,but for god's sake,stop degrading it.It is what it is,and its upto us,the citizens, to do it better.Stop being a whining b!tch when you can be better.If you don't like something,do something about it.Penny penny makes many.Least you can do it stop badmouthing.

and lastly,if you think China and US and UK is better,then please move there.We don't need you anyways.:D.

From RDB:No country is born great,they have to be made great.

No more posts in this thread.

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^you bear the burden of your words *s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/81.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom