Beijing Olympics: One tiny fake & one fiery fake

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
I do not disagree with some of the points. Those which I do disagree with I have given answers for.

Largest Military - CHECK

Here is a look at what the so called largest miltary is doing in the country...

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiananmen_Square_protests_of_1989
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Falun_Gong

Hardly something to be proud of...

Population Control - CHECK

This also means that the country is losing people of working age faster than it can produce the work force. The PRC is expected to go too old to work in around a quarter of century because people are not ma,ing enough children to fulfil the jobs. Either way their economy is gonna end up in a big trouble.

60 aint many? how many more you need? 300?. there are no excuses.

Ok not 300 may be but do you know that it took USA more than 150 years after its independence to reach its current status. It took the British Empire around 300 years to be built from a small island to a centralised system in which the sun never set! 60 years are not enough to make a decent state, you talking about a country!

Last edited:
OP
karnivore

karnivore

in your face..
nix said:
you cant have ten kids just coz you can support them. you have to think about india's resources too.
This wins the medal for the silliest comment.
*i180.photobucket.com/albums/x31/trash609/smilie/image20.gif

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
To All...

I happened to post a few provoking things in the first place against the very sentiments of my Indian brothers; in retaliation to a preceding post which was demeaning to the very sentiments of my Chinese brothers; or for that matter, against thread itself. I apologise for speaking out any feelings that I have and though I have few more things to say with EVIDENCE, I would prefer holding myself back to preserve the harmony that we have in this thread.

Nevertheless; I request dear forum members to display some conduct in the usage of language.

and to The_Devil_Himself; I have stayed 4 years in India, 1 year in China and am a freelance journalist for The Kathmandu Post. So I would by default prefer not to bluff anything in a forum to demean my self-respect and have been holding my stand in this thread as well. Thank you.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
1-2 months to meet the dentist? that is exaggeration. that is not true. what a joke haha... they have few nos of docs coz students do what they feel like doing. not like here where colleges are factories mass producing engineers and docs. thats why we have very very few researchers. all the new stuff is made by them americans and we just work on that.

It's not exaggeration.

My uncle faced the headache of US medical service. he started having breathing problem and when asked at the hospital, he couldn't get appointment for weeks and for immediate appointment they can take it as emergency case but the medical bills will be in excess of 20,000USD. Just for breathing problem. In the end, he took some pills and flew back to India.
After coming back to India,

appoinment : 100 bucks
medicine : 500 bucks.

total 600 bucks for a good treatment.

Now, tell me? which is the safe place to live??

OP
karnivore

karnivore

in your face..
I happened to post a few provoking things in the first place against the very sentiments of my Indian brothers; in retaliation to a preceding post which was demeaning to the very sentiments of my Chinese brothers; or for that matter, against thread itself.
I have stayed 4 years in India, 1 year in China and am a freelance journalist for The Kathmandu Post. So I would by default prefer not to bluff anything in a forum to demean my self-respect and have been holding my stand in this thread as well. Thank you.
Firstly, my post(#9), which you refer to as "demeaning to the very sentiments of [your] Chinese brothers" had nothing to do with your "Chinese brothers". It was a criticism of an authoritarian government and not of the people of China. As a freelance journo, I must say, your ability to peel the onion is, well, lousy.

Secondly, I, personally, do not find your post to be provocative. I find it pretty underwhelming and grossly misinformed. I can accept that from the teenagers and barely out of teens, on this forum, but as a freelance journo, it is even more inexcusable.

Thirdly, aren't you glad that Mr Prachanda, instead of becoming the Mao of Nepal, has chosen to be democratically elected head of state, and in doing so accepted what majority of the world, other than CHINA, practices. May be you should take a leaf out of his notebook.

Fourthly, you would do HUMANITY a great favour if you can worry a little bit about your Tibetan brothers, along with your Indian and Chinese brothers.

nix

It's not exaggeration.

My uncle faced the headache of US medical service. he started having breathing problem and when asked at the hospital, he couldn't get appointment for weeks and for immediate appointment they can take it as emergency case but the medical bills will be in excess of 20,000USD. Just for breathing problem. In the end, he took some pills and flew back to India.
After coming back to India,

appoinment : 100 bucks
medicine : 500 bucks.

total 600 bucks for a good treatment.

Now, tell me? which is the safe place to live??

its much easier in the US for those who have insurance. those going from india should get a complete health check up and then go. that is advisable.

look,its not like i hate my country. im grateful to be born here. i was just highlighting the differences b/w india and china and areas where we need to improve. some people take it as a personal insult. i expected to see immature replies to my post, but i will not stoop to such low levels as some other members on this thread. cheapsters.. they dont talk like educated, civilized beings.

mehra.rakesh

Journeyman
Well my 2 cents for the thread .

China lacks what India has in abundance Narayan Murthy , Kiran Shaw , Nandan Nilekani, Tata, ............................... & ofcourse Me !!!!!!!!!!

I beleve that this is purely because of the freedom of the mind. You wud say i am nuts to say something like this . But as u speak to the folks in India they dream of having their own company their very own startups be it selling pickles,condoms or services like aviation etc. Its not so in China . The labour's cheaper and Infra is better .
But at what cost ??

When i was in China for a very brief period i read this news article of a man holding his own against the local administration which was acquiring the land for some gentleman's factory . He was branded a heretic, insane & what not by local media . But same news as reported by world media was very different .

Seriously speaking the chinese model resembles what the Japs did way back in the 60's & 70's make shitloads of products and sell them at ridiculously low prices . If they manage to do what those Japs managed read "Quality Control" then they wud be the heroes of 21st century.

India became independent in 1991 a bit too late But there's no denying India the moment of its glory and make no mistake India is growing with the burden of its politicians not because of them .Thnk if just this one factor improved wat cud be DONE .

P.S. :: The new buildings in China look as if they came straight from some scifi movie ,all white (interiors) and crappy urggghhhh . Its an eye sore .

IronManForever

@Mehra.rakesh
Yes dude you are right and perhaps you help me highlight my point which is;
No country, I say no country developed in a day, just like one of the members said. No country developed without facing HARD times. China has and is facing that hard time. India and people here (not offensive :) ) are not willing to pay the price. So, SO.. No one need complain about the country India not being upto the mark, and, AND, It'll stay like this or get even worse until and unless people LEARN to pay the price, whatever it takes; WHATEVER IT TAKES!!! At the risk of sounding cliche; as they say to get something you oughtta give something. Hope I get this thing through you guys. :)

And @karnivore

Well that was enough for me to pull up some courage to face you guys again.

1.Well; Who do you think is not satisfied with the Chinese Government? The whole billion? No my friend, the majority are living with it and dare I say liking it (though such an assumption is taken from biased sources; or.. well; we deliberately call it biased to prove our point; and as we are outside the system, that kind of error is permissible :) ).
Very few people dislike the system and the majority have adapted to it. I always agreed and do still agree that human rights situation when compared with global figures, China more or less, has to work upon it.
If you ask me, China has better human rights than any south-east Asian country. As humans we are entitled to a handful of fundamental rights. But isn't getting enough food to eat, getting good and accessible health services; a human right after all. Above all; we are living organisms; and we should get to live. Aren't food, shelter, cloth and health are more basic needs and preliminary rights that we should be guaranteed of? I don't know about you but for me, they are more important than right to speech; or language; or religion. And they are for you all, for everybody; ask yourself. Isnt China better than the majority south-east Asian countries when you include these parameters?

2.I do not understand what is so much grossly and overwhelmingly misinformed about my post. And please lets keep my freelance journo being thing away. Why? Cuz that was just an intro I felt I should gave. And the freelance word itself tells Im not much into it. This hobby of mine has given me nothing more than a few thousand rupees till date. I write more about social violence and criminal psychology than I do about politics. Maybe it's my mistake; I should have said I'm a freelance writer.

3.My dear friend; I felt so happy that I'm having discussion with a tough guy who keeps track of so many things. Now as far as it goes; I am a communist but not exactly a Maoist. And regarding Prachanda accepting to become the Prime Minister via a Democratic method? Man, that was heaven for the Maoist Party. They are in Heaven now, they can have all the crucial ministries for themselves, they are in the executives now, what more can they ask for? The party wanted the earlier government to warrant declaration of Republic, that was done. Everything is going in accordance to what thy wanted; albeit a bit slow because of this democratic processes and formalities. Wonder how communist countries develop infrastructure so quick? Thats innate man.

4.Lets not talk about Tibetans now. Even in India, the volatile north-east has caused many petty problems I believe. I studied about few conflicts at school and the demands for Greater This and Greater that. Meghalaya? Nagaland? Im not much through with that article which I still have but If you ask, I can give you evidence after a bit of searching.

Sorry guys I couldnt stop myself; so many things were being spoken, and I had to say something. I shall take responsibility of each and every word said.

OP
karnivore

karnivore

in your face..
1.Well; Who do you think is not satisfied with the Chinese Government? The whole billion? No my friend, the majority are living with it and dare I say liking it (though such an assumption is taken from biased sources; or.. well; we deliberately call it biased to prove our point; and as we are outside the system, that kind of error is permissible :smile: ).

Very few people dislike the system and the majority have adapted to it. I always agreed and do still agree that human rights situation when compared with global figures, China more or less, has to work upon it.
So the whole world lies except for the Chinese media run by the government. Typical of the denialists. Reminds me of Russia of the late 70s and 80s. Yes over a billion people are living with it, what else do you expect them to do after Tiananmen Square massacre. Can you please provide any independent source, to substantiate your claim that "the majority are ... liking it"

If you ask me, China has better human rights than any south-east Asian country. As humans we are entitled to a handful of fundamental rights. But isn't getting enough food to eat, getting good and accessible health services; a human right after all. Above all; we are living organisms; and we should get to live. Aren't food, shelter, cloth and health are more basic needs and preliminary rights that we should be guaranteed of? I don't know about you but for me, they are more important than right to speech; or language; or religion. And they are for you all, for everybody; ask yourself.
I completely agree with you that "food, shelter, cloth and health" are vital. But what you are implying is that "freedom" is a small price to pay for all those. The question is why. Why can't "living organisms" have "basic needs and preliminary rights" and at the same time the "right to speech; or language; or religion". Why should there be a trade off. And why is it that this trade off becomes necessary only in communist run countries and not anywhere else. Let me draw an analogy here. In a prison, a convict gets food, shelter, medicines and other "basic" amenities. The only sacrifice s/he has to make is the freedom of movement. By your logic prison should be a nice place to be in.

My dear friend, my right to "food, shelter, cloth and health" stands on equal footing with my "right to speech; or language; or religion". One can not be traded for another.

Isnt China better than the majority south-east Asian countries when you include these parameters?
No.
2.I do not understand what is so much grossly and overwhelmingly misinformed about my post. And please lets keep my freelance journo being thing away. Why? Cuz that was just an intro I felt I should gave. And the freelance word itself tells Im not much into it. This hobby of mine has given me nothing more than a few thousand rupees till date. I write more about social violence and criminal psychology than I do about politics. Maybe it's my mistake; I should have said I'm a freelance writer.
I found these comments UNDERWHELMING
"Largest Military - CHECK
Population Control - CHECK"

And this MISINFORMED
"Far Better Health Services - CHECK"

"Largest Military" can be a reason of pride for many, but to sane people, it is a reason of concern. The famed "Population Control" is nothing but akin to blackmail - like holding a gun against a couples head - a direct violation of human rights. No reasonable person would be too proud of that. Its like those neo-nazis claiming that Hitler helped in reducing population (sic). As with "Far Better Health Services", less is said, the better it is. We all saw how SARS was handled, didn't we ?

Yes indeed, it was mistake that you mentioned that you are a journo. It was an attempt to argue from authority, but a lousy attempt, nevertheless.

3.My dear friend; I felt so happy that I'm having discussion with a tough guy who keeps track of so many things. Now as far as it goes; I am a communist but not exactly a Maoist. And regarding Prachanda accepting to become the Prime Minister via a Democratic method? Man, that was heaven for the Maoist Party. They are in Heaven now, they can have all the crucial ministries for themselves, they are in the executives now, what more can they ask for? The party wanted the earlier government to warrant declaration of Republic, that was done. Everything is going in accordance to what thy wanted; albeit a bit slow because of this democratic processes and formalities. Wonder how communist countries develop infrastructure so quick? Thats innate man.
I agree with you that the Maoists got what they wanted, albeit, through the route of democracy. My point was not WHAT they got, but HOW they got it. Through plebesite. Mr Prachanda proved once again that plebesite is where the real power is. What flows from the barrel of the gun is terror. He was clever enough to see the opportunity and grab it with both hands. Not that I am impressed any bit, by Mr Prachanda's tactics of blackmail, but hey, Nepal finally has democracy. (But since you are a communist, I am guessing you are not too happy with this democracy. You would rather like to live in a prison)

Having that being said, let me also remind you of the funny nature of democracy, which I am sure you would get to know sooner or later. In democracy, unlike autocracy, ruling government changes. Just because, the Maoists are holding key position today, it does not mean that they will do so forever. Unless of course they manage to manipulate plebesite, the way their Bengal brothers do, and reduce it to nothing more than a farce.

Yes communist countries can do a lot of things a lot faster than many countries, because, as I said earlier, people, for them, are a nasty zit on a donkey's butt.

4.Lets not talk about Tibetans now. Even in India, the volatile north-east has caused many petty problems I believe. I studied about few conflicts at school and the demands for Greater This and Greater that. Meghalaya? Nagaland? Im not much through with that article which I still have but If you ask, I can give you evidence after a bit of searching.
Please show me how China's Tibet is equal to India's North East. You have now painted all conflicts with the same colour. If you had equated Kashmir to Tibet, and did a Amir Khan, then may be, just may be, I would have understood, because both arose from flawed agreements made in the past. (Even then the comparison would fall flat). So please elaborate. (By that I do not mean that I expect a pedagogic explanation of the reasons of unrest in the NE. I mean, elaborate how NE India = Chinese Tibet).

A better equation for NE India would have been with Aksai Chin.

Sloppy, very very sloppy.

Last edited:

IronManForever

@karnivore; sorry for late reply; I was kinda sick... :)

karnivore said:
So the whole world lies except for the Chinese media run by the government. Typical of the denialists. Reminds me of Russia of the late 70s and 80s. Yes over a billion people are living with it, what else do you expect them to do after Tiananmen Square massacre. Can you please provide any independent source, to substantiate your claim that "the majority are ... liking it"

Sorry man, I can't. Why? Because every source is biased in one or the other parametric measures. I would call any independant researcher as biased to his own beliefs and background; there's nothing unbiased. And you say the whole world is gaga over Chinese situation, and China is mum about it? Well those who have such visions about china, are themselves from a very different political scenario.
And you know about media. Innately, media aims for the bad...

And people liking it? Well, people did like it when India nuked at Pokhran(1998 I guess?) under the nose of the so called vigilante pro-American NPT. People always like it when their country stands out. Wonder why politicians stress on going to space/Moon; or developing Nukes? One aim is to boost the Morale of the countrymen, so that they may get along their duty and show dedication to their duty. And China as is, soaring by the moment; I have no doubts that majority are happy; and you know, there's nothing called 100%. There's always a minority. :)

karnivore said:
I completely agree with you that "food, shelter, cloth and health" are vital. But what you are implying is that "freedom" is a small price to pay for all those. The question is why. Why can't "living organisms" have "basic needs and preliminary rights" and at the same time the "right to speech; or language; or religion". Why should there be a trade off. And why is it that this trade off becomes necessary only in communist run countries and not anywhere else. Let me draw an analogy here. In a prison, a convict gets food, shelter, medicines and other "basic" amenities. The only sacrifice s/he has to make is the freedom of movement. By your logic prison should be a nice place to be in.

My dear friend, my right to "food, shelter, cloth and health" stands on equal footing with my "right to speech; or language; or religion". One can not be traded for another.

Exactly. Indian regime emphasizes upon so-called fundamental rights, which I dare say are less fundamental than the basic necessities (food; shelter, cloth, health). Chinese autocracy(yes; I don't see why autocracy should be taken negatively) guarantees you those basic necessities with a small trade-off from your other rights.
Don't you understand the condition of poor people in India; those who don't have food, those who have nothing!! They'd happily trade off SOME rights if they are guaranteed food; shelter, etc.
Comparing chine with Prison is too much. If you refer to China as a Prison; I refer to India as ... you know where you can't find enough to eat, etc :( . Id rather trade off freedom; THAN trade off food.

Heck; Right to Equality; look at the status of Women; of lower casts; of tribes...The rich-poor divide. India is ruled by rich people and poor people have no say. Is this the culture in India?
Few months ago I heard something about MBBS graduates rallying and shouting slogans because so and so(under-privileged) had reservations in AIIMS or something like that. Thats wrong isn't it? And I know why they did it; because the reservations were misused by the rich people from the so-called underprivileged ethnicity. That is wrong too. So where is the RIGHT thing?

Word for politicians: Don't look ahead; look behind yourself and see what you left out. What do you think; dreaming of nukes when people don't have food; is that logical? Running after China and trying to beat it at its game; trust me. Indian Government has a lot of homework to do before that.

karnivore said:
I found these comments UNDERWHELMING
"Largest Military - CHECK
Population Control - CHECK"

And this MISINFORMED
"Far Better Health Services - CHECK"

"Largest Military" can be a reason of pride for many, but to sane people, it is a reason of concern. The famed "Population Control" is nothing but akin to blackmail - like holding a gun against a couples head - a direct violation of human rights. No reasonable person would be too proud of that. Its like those neo-nazis claiming that Hitler helped in reducing population (sic). As with "Far Better Health Services", less is said, the better it is. We all saw how SARS was handled, didn't we ?

Yes indeed, it was mistake that you mentioned that you are a journo. It was an attempt to argue from authority, but a lousy attempt, nevertheless.

Largest Military; Did I say anything before or after that? Am I wrong that China has the largest Military? China even has the largest workforce as of now; Should I be punished? :)

Population Control is not obligatory FYI. If your job doesn't exclusively ask you and If you are financially capable(as some allowances will be canceled) of sustaining the extra Children, you are free to have more than one. Its totally your wish and some people prefer to stay by the policy; some don't. Farmers have more children; businessmen have more children; even one doctor I met during my stay in Xin-Xiang had 2 children. Some people don't want to lose the allowance they get and don't want the burden of an extra child, so they stay by the policy.
And If you think that One-Child-Policy has been forced at gunpoint; I wonder what you think of the Gandhi sibling who caused a Havoc by forcing vasectomy to men somewhere near Mumbai? I'm not clear with the data; though I'm sure about something of the sort happening. Was it Sanjay Gandhi? I hope some forum member maybe able to point out the peculiars.

And I did not understand these;

“No freedom of movement – CHECK
Kill citizens and then charge their family for the bullets - CHECK
Displace citizens so rich can have some RnR – CHECK

Chinese people are Lame, can't walk? No freedom of movement? Clear this out.
Seriously; an ideal communist country aims of providing everything to the citizens for free according to their necessity. Karl Marx ideals, perhaps? (Never read the book but I do know a bit of what's written inside.) So I donot believe that one has to pay for bullets. :)
The third point? Displace Citizens who are rich? Care to back it up? :)

If my comments (those Largest Military - CHECK; Population control – CHECK) were so underwhelming to you, please do note that it was just a post written in good humour; in reply to the preceding post by you; which in my opinion were grossly extrapolating and modifying the exact facts.

karnivore said:
As with "Far Better Health Services", less is said, the better it is. We all saw how SARS was handled, didn't we ?
I don't know if you are supporting me or being hypocrite or whatever; but that was one example which I wanted to give to you to highlight the superior health control measures that were applied. Do you realize how such a disastrous disease that can spread like anything and can kill within few days; do you realize how such an epidemic was brought into control within 2 years? It would have swiped half of the medical staff in India had it originated here. But your example is flawed; simply because that disease cannot cause an epidemic here due to environmental factors.
And do you realise that no vaccine was made for the SARS-CoV Coronavirus; or as a matter of fact; no coronavirus had any vaccine against it before that. Chinese researchers prepared the vaccine indigenously within 1 year and became successful in bringing the epidemic to a screeching halt. Well for this one I have an article from a JAMA Journalist as evidence. :)

And of course you don't know how effective vaccination plans are in China. :p

You guys give the example of Medical Tourism in India as a great achievement? Whats it doing to the poor and the helpless? Are they to be left out from everything? I said it from my first post. Its not that health services aren't available in India; but mass mobilization is lacking and centralization of services persists. China has a more holistic health system; includes all areas; includes the rich and the poor; communist ideologies; building from the ground-up, you know...

And by the way WordWeb defines journalist as;
1.A writer for newspapers and magazines.
2.Someone who keeps a diary or journal.
:)

karnivore said:
I agree with you that the Maoists got what they wanted, albeit, through the route of democracy. My point was not WHAT they got, but HOW they got it. Through plebesite. Mr Prachanda proved once again that plebesite is where the real power is. What flows from the barrel of the gun is terror. He was clever enough to see the opportunity and grab it with both hands. Not that I am impressed any bit, by Mr Prachanda's tactics of blackmail, but hey, Nepal finally has democracy. (But since you are a communist, I am guessing you are not too happy with this democracy. You would rather like to live in a prison)

Having that being said, let me also remind you of the funny nature of democracy, which I am sure you would get to know sooner or later. In democracy, unlike autocracy, ruling government changes. Just because, the Maoists are holding key position today, it does not mean that they will do so forever. Unless of course they manage to manipulate plebesite, the way their Bengal brothers do, and reduce it to nothing more than a farce.

Yes communist countries can do a lot of things a lot faster than many countries, because, as I said earlier, people, for them, are a nasty zit on a donkey's butt.

So whats wrong if Prachanda used democratic means? It helped satisfy some and shut the mouth of some others; a very clever move indeed.
Now Prachanda and Blackmail? I don't get it.
And naah; trust me, I couldn't be happier than this because to convince others we have democracy but for ourselves; it's a lion in a sheep's skin. ;)

Communist countries do things a lot better and faster because the regime knows and the people understand that without paying a price; ambitions are unreachable...

Listen Communism; or Maoism does not mean violence; even in its vaguest sense.. Its the way the thing is practiced. Communist Ideals are used all over the world; yet people dread from the word 'communism'. Karl Marx's ideals; is following them a sin? Trust me; all political systems borrow some or the other thing from his ideals; A communist country in its ideal sense, would be the goal of any country; why? because the system is so stable and the citizens do their duty and live as equals.. and get all their basic needs from the country. China is just moving closer to it; China is doing what it takes and is paying the price; it's a matter of time other countries realize the fact.

karnivore said:
Please show me how China's Tibet is equal to India's North East. You have now painted all conflicts with the same colour. If you had equated Kashmir to Tibet, and did a Amir Khan, then may be, just may be, I would have understood, because both arose from flawed agreements made in the past. (Even then the comparison would fall flat). So please elaborate. (By that I do not mean that I expect a pedagogic explanation of the reasons of unrest in the NE. I mean, elaborate how NE India = Chinese Tibet).

Regarding Tibet; you tell me as you raised the topic first. Whether black or white; a conflict is a conflict. N-E violence again; Punjab Insurgency, to name a few.
And all these riots and communal disharmony that we see in India, the frequent bombings; etcetera; Doesn't it reflect how impotent this democratic government is?

And I haven't even touched upon corruption; crime. I'm getting sick looking at the state of corruption and how Manmohan Singh's Government saved itself from non-confidence vote...? Should I say what happens to corrupts/criminals in China? Yes, thats the way it works and it's effective and under control.

At this Snail-Pace; do you in your best senses think India might overtake China? What about the future? Isn't it high time Indian people learn to pay the price?

karnivore said:
Sloppy, very very sloppy.

A personal comment; I don't mind it. But lets not bear any attitude like that. :)

OP
karnivore

karnivore

in your face..
Sorry man, I can't. Why? Because every source is biased in one or the other parametric measures. I would call any independant researcher as biased to his own beliefs and background; there's nothing unbiased. And you say the whole world is gaga over Chinese situation, and China is mum about it? Well those who have such visions about china, are themselves from a very different political scenario.
And you know about media. Innately, media aims for the bad...

And people liking it? Well, people did like it when India nuked at Pokhran(1998 I guess?) under the nose of the so called vigilante pro-American NPT. People always like it when their country stands out. Wonder why politicians stress on going to space/Moon; or developing Nukes? One aim is to boost the Morale of the countrymen, so that they may get along their duty and show dedication to their duty. And China as is, soaring by the moment; I have no doubts that majority are happy; and you know, there's nothing called 100%. There's always a minority.
So you don’t have a source to support your claim ? Then how did you ever come to the conclusion that people in China are “liking it”. Should I venture a guess that it is that typical communist FAITH, with which all communists around the world once loved to delude themselves to sleep - like everything in Russia is fine, like everything in East Germany is fine, like everything in Romania is fine – until that is they fell apart. And guess what, it turned out that the “biased” media was right all along. Ad ignorantiam.

So please enlighten me how many people gave up their fundamental rights when Pokhran happened ? True the entire space race is in itself a product of cold war politics. True, “politicians stress on going to space/Moon” for political mileage. But how may country try to achieve those at cost of freedom. Only CHINA.

As with nuke, I guess it has more to do with psychology than anything else.

And please, just because I am critical of China, it does not automatically mean I am blind towards India’s problems. Please don’t prop up your straw man.
Exactly. Indian regime emphasizes upon so-called fundamental rights, which I dare say are less fundamental than the basic necessities (food; shelter, cloth, health). Chinese autocracy(yes; I don't see why autocracy should be taken negatively) guarantees you those basic necessities with a small trade-off from your other rights.
Don't you understand the condition of poor people in India; those who don't have food, those who have nothing!! They'd happily trade off SOME rights if they are guaranteed food; shelter, etc.
……
Heck; Right to Equality; look at the status of Women; of lower casts; of tribes...The rich-poor divide. India is ruled by rich people and poor people have no say. Is this the culture in India?
Few months ago I heard something about MBBS graduates rallying and shouting slogans because so and so(under-privileged) had reservations in AIIMS or something like that. Thats wrong isn't it? And I know why they did it; because the reservations were misused by the rich people from the so-called underprivileged ethnicity. That is wrong too. So where is the RIGHT thing?

Word for politicians: Don't look ahead; look behind yourself and see what you left out. What do you think; dreaming of nukes when people don't have food; is that logical? Running after China and trying to beat it at its game; trust me. Indian Government has a lot of homework to do before that.
Here are your assumptions.
1. The “so-called fundamental rights” can’t be had if “basic necessities” are to be provided. (I have one word for you “why ?”)
2. People happily give up their freedom etc for food. So state should take advantage of that human trait. (I have nothing to say here)
3. In China, no problem exists regarding health, food etc. (Care to corroborate that fact)
4. If I can find more flaws with Indian system, the Chinese system stands vindicated. (Logical fallacy.)

FYI, the male to female ratio in China is approx 120 to 100. Hmm……. Also, the rich and poor divide in China is far worse than in India or Brazil.

The movement against Caste based reservation is one more example of why India is far better than China. At least Indian government does not run its shinny tanks on unarmed students. Here in India or any other democratic country, if citizens don’t like a government decision they can protest against it. It is, of course a concept lost on communists.

Comparing chine with Prison is too much. If you refer to China as a Prison; I refer to India as ... you know where you can't find enough to eat, etc . Id rather trade off freedom; THAN trade off food.
I did not compare China to prison. It was an analogy to show the logical fallacy of YOUR premise. Your premise was that for food etc, freedom can be sacrificed. If it is true, then the prison, based on the same premise, is a nice place to be in. That’s all that there is to it, my friend.

You say that “Id rather trade off freedom; THAN trade off food”. No you won’t. You say that because you have both. So if I say, I will feed you for life, but you have to remain in a 9 ft by 9 ft room for all your life, you would agree to it. Would ya, my friend ?
Largest Military; Did I say anything before or after that? Am I wrong that China has the largest Military? China even has the largest workforce as of now; Should I be punished?

Population Control is not obligatory FYI. If your job doesn't exclusively ask you and If you are financially capable(as some allowances will be canceled) of sustaining the extra Children, you are free to have more than one. Its totally your wish and some people prefer to stay by the policy; some don't. Farmers have more children; businessmen have more children; even one doctor I met during my stay in Xin-Xiang had 2 children. Some people don't want to lose the allowance they get and don't want the burden of an extra child, so they stay by the policy.
And If you think that One-Child-Policy has been forced at gunpoint; I wonder what you think of the Gandhi sibling who caused a Havoc by forcing vasectomy to men somewhere near Mumbai? I'm not clear with the data; though I'm sure about something of the sort happening. Was it Sanjay Gandhi? I hope some forum member maybe able to point out the peculiars.
As one of the reasons to be jealous of China, you gave Largest Military. I simply questioned the judgment of the premise. Military is a resource hungry apparatus, which does not give any economic returns other than a flimsy psychological relief. Bigger the military, larger the economic drain. So large military can’t be a reason for jealousy. Technically advanced military, perhaps is. That’s why I found it UNDERWHELMING, not FACTUALLY incorrect.

So you are not even aware of population policy of China ? A Chinese couple can’t have more than 1 child. Exceptions to the one child rule are:
* Chinese minority groups (56 recognized minorities) can have 2-3 children [Eh..so China too makes exception to minorities like India ? If China does it, it must be right then.]
* A married couple who are BOTH ONLY children are allowed to have 2 children
* In the event of the death of a child, a couple can apply for permission to have another

As with Sanjay Gandhi’s vasectonomy drive, it was an organized lie, perpetrated by his rivals within the Congress. There is no truth in it. Sanjay Gandhi did initiate family planning drive, but the whole thing was blown out of proportion by the bureaucrats and this resulted in the myth. Even if it was true, I would be critical of it as well.
And I did not understand these;

“No freedom of movement – CHECK
Kill citizens and then charge their family for the bullets - CHECK
Displace citizens so rich can have some RnR – CHECK

Chinese people are Lame, can't walk? No freedom of movement? Clear this out.
A farmer in rural China can’t visit Shanghai, Honk Kong etc, unless he has a legitimate work permit. That’s what is called “no freedom of movement”. This was done to ensure (sic) that the cities are free from squatters. Because, you see, squatters don’t look good.

After the Tiananmen Square Massacre, the families of the killed students were charged for the bullets, that killed their beloved.

Shanghai, particularly, was a city of shanties. To build the modern city with shinny glass walled buildings, these people were displaced and relocated miles away from the city. And guess what the work permit rule applies to them also.

Seriously; an ideal communist country aims of providing everything to the citizens for free according to their necessity. Karl Marx ideals, perhaps? (Never read the book but I do know a bit of what's written inside.) So I donot believe that one has to pay for bullets.
The third point? Displace Citizens who are rich? Care to back it up?
I understand that you live on a planet where countries like Russia, East Germany, Cuba etc do not exist. Someone who speaks of “ideal communist country” in 2008, surely is not from this planet.

And I never said that the rich are displaced.
If my comments (those Largest Military - CHECK; Population control – CHECK) were so underwhelming to you, please do note that it was just a post written in good humour; in reply to the preceding post by you; which in my opinion were grossly extrapolating and modifying the exact facts.
Did I respond to that post of yours ? I did not. I responded only when you tried to argue from the point of authority and pretended to be holier-than-thou.
I don't know if you are supporting me or being hypocrite or whatever; but that was one example which I wanted to give to you to highlight the superior health control measures that were applied. Do you realize how such a disastrous disease that can spread like anything and can kill within few days; do you realize how such an epidemic was brought into control within 2 years? It would have swiped half of the medical staff in India had it originated here. But your example is flawed; simply because that disease cannot cause an epidemic here due to environmental factors.
And do you realise that no vaccine was made for the SARS-CoV Coronavirus; or as a matter of fact; no coronavirus had any vaccine against it before that. Chinese researchers prepared the vaccine indigenously within 1 year and became successful in bringing the epidemic to a screeching halt. Well for this one I have an article from a JAMA Journalist as evidence.

And of course you don't know how effective vaccination plans are in China. :p

You guys give the example of Medical Tourism in India as a great achievement? Whats it doing to the poor and the helpless? Are they to be left out from everything? I said it from my first post. Its not that health services aren't available in India; but mass mobilization is lacking and centralization of services persists. China has a more holistic health system; includes all areas; includes the rich and the poor; communist ideologies; building from the ground-up, you know...
One more assumption of yours. That in China every poor has access to health care system.

Just like India, China too has a long way to go in this area. Just like India, which officially promotes pseudo-medicines like Homeopathy and Ayurveda, China promotes Accupunture. Both are signs of failure of the governments to make modern medicine available to every nook and corner of their respective countries.
The reason I took up SARS was the way it was handled and the manner it was suppressed until it spilled out of China.

What Indian doctors would have done, is a speculation you can merrily indulge in. I don’t have a problem there.

And by the way WordWeb defines journalist as;
1.A writer for newspapers and magazines.
2.Someone who keeps a diary or journal.
I know what a journalist is. Thank you any way.

So whats wrong if Prachanda used democratic means? It helped satisfy some and shut the mouth of some others; a very clever move indeed.
Now Prachanda and Blackmail? I don't get it.
And naah; trust me, I couldn't be happier than this because to convince others we have democracy but for ourselves; it's a lion in a sheep's skin.
Nothing’s wrong. It only confirms my point. DEMOCRACY not AUTOCRACY.
Communist countries do things a lot better and faster because the regime knows and the people understand that without paying a price; ambitions are unreachable...

Listen Communism; or Maoism does not mean violence; even in its vaguest sense.. Its the way the thing is practiced. Communist Ideals are used all over the world; yet people dread from the word 'communism'. Karl Marx's ideals; is following them a sin? Trust me; all political systems borrow some or the other thing from his ideals; A communist country in its ideal sense, would be the goal of any country; why? because the system is so stable and the citizens do their duty and live as equals.. and get all their basic needs from the country. China is just moving closer to it; China is doing what it takes and is paying the price; it's a matter of time other countries realize the fact.
Hey can you send me a ticket to that planet you are on. Seems like a nice place.
Regarding Tibet; you tell me as you raised the topic first. Whether black or white; a conflict is a conflict. N-E violence again; Punjab Insurgency, to name a few.
And all these riots and communal disharmony that we see in India, the frequent bombings; etcetera; Doesn't it reflect how impotent this democratic government is?
So if a person kills, he is a murderer. Whether self-defense or cold blooded would not make a difference. Would it ? After all murder is a murder and conflict is a conflict. So all the conflicts all round the world are same as China’s Tibet problem. Either you have no clue what this Tibet problem is all about, or you are being hypocrite. I don't think you are a hypocrite. You appear to be a simpleton, althouh naive.

Democracy is not perfect. But it is the best we’ve got. Also, let me remind you, unlike China, India did not march its army into NE India to acquire it. India inherited it from the Brits. Also, again unlike China, India made not attempt to change the demography by pushing outsiders to settle in NE.

Punjab crisis was a purely political creation of Mrs Indira Ganghi which spiraled out of hand.

Please don’t BS me with Indian history.

BTW, may be you should also read on Xinjiang Uighur Autonomous Region.
And I haven't even touched upon corruption; crime. I'm getting sick looking at the state of corruption and how Manmohan Singh's Government saved itself from non-confidence vote...? Should I say what happens to corrupts/criminals in China? Yes, thats the way it works and it's effective and under control.
Another assumption. Chinese politicians are not corrupt.

Yes I know what happens to the criminals in China. They send them to the gallows. And China has scored another first in this department also. China has highest number of death penalties in a year. May I politely ask, what right does a state have, to take a life.
At this Snail-Pace; do you in your best senses think India might overtake China? What about the future? Isn't it high time Indian people learn to pay the price?
Give one reason why India would want to overtake China ? Why does pace matter ? And even more importantly, what price are you talking here ? Freedom ? Nah……we fought for it. Now that we have tasted it, guess we will keep it for the time being. Thank you very much.

You made a few more assumptions:

That I represent the popular sentiments of India. I do not.

That I am not critical of Indian hypocrisy. I am.

That India is a true representative of an effective democracy. She is not. Now, shall I call this intellectual dishonesty or pure oversight, that you chose India, and not any other truly successful and effective democracy, to pit against China. Or is it because India is convenient tool for you.

One thing I find contradictory in every communist who tries to play apologist for China, is that, when China was in true grips of communism, it led to severe catastrophe. The success of current China, if it can be called that, is due to capitalist ideals not because of communist ideals. So everytime an apologist tries to defend Chinese “success story”, he automatically rebuts the communist ideals. Strangely he is completely unaware of this contradiction.

A true communists do not go so out of the way to defend China, because they know that China is a double edged sword. It cuts both ways. And it is true for a capitalist too.

Anyway, take care.
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Last edited:

IronManForever

@karnivore

karnivore said:
That I represent the popular sentiments of India. I do not.

That I am not critical of Indian hypocrisy. I am.

Then; I really lack reasons to debate you. Period.

PS: Abe bachhe ki jaan lega kya? :p
I have a few confessions to make.

1. I bluffed about me being a big freelance writer(Yeah, you guessed right; to have more authority :( ) ; Ive just submitted 4 articles to The Kathmandu Post; and 6 to Local Newspaper till date. Common; Im just 18 man, what more do you expect? :D

2. Whatever maybe the reason; there are communists alive in the world; and they are not stupids. :!: I , seriously, prefer the system. And I am not that informed as you are about politics; so I do not have much weapons to fire against you. :) I have some replies against some of your stances but heck; I'm not satisfied as I lack information. In short; I lose.

And I am aware of the compromises that people have to make in preliminarily communist state. So I am not a hypocrite. Yes; maybe less informed but not a hypocrite in this case.

Anyways; I accept my inability to retaliate.

And; AND I request forum members not to flame on one small discussion. We are all here to help each other and we should pledge for the benefit of all. When we flame; it's a one on one. When we peacefully discuss; it's for all. :)
Well; that's it.

Regards,
IronMan

Last edited:
OP
karnivore

karnivore

in your face..
wTF

how much time did u take to type that post man

Approx. 10 min. Use 9 fingers to type.

WTH!!. The thread is about fake things in olympics and it went to Tibet :)

ROFL.

I am sure it is amusing. However, if you follow the entire thread, you may just learn something.

@karnivore

Then; I really lack reasons to debate you. Period.

PS: Abe bachhe ki jaan lega kya? :p
I have a few confessions to make.

1. I bluffed about me being a big freelance writer(Yeah, you guessed right; to have more authority :( ) ; Ive just submitted 4 articles to The Kathmandu Post; and 6 to Local Newspaper till date. Common; Im just 18 man, what more do you expect? :D

2. Whatever maybe the reason; there are communists alive in the world; and they are not stupids. :!: I , seriously, prefer the system. And I am not that informed as you are about politics; so I do not have much weapons to fire against you. :) I have some replies against some of your stances but heck; I'm not satisfied as I lack information. In short; I lose.

And I am aware of the compromises that people have to make in preliminarily communist state. So I am not a hypocrite. Yes; maybe less informed but not a hypocrite in this case.

Anyways; I accept my inability to retaliate.

And; AND I request forum members not to flame on one small discussion. We are all here to help each other and we should pledge for the benefit of all. When we flame; it's a one on one. When we peacefully discuss; it's for all. :)
Well; that's it.

Regards,
IronMan

Take care.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom