Battlefield 4 Discussion

heidi2521

Padawan
I don't expect entirely new gameplay, but I didn't expect a COD style rehash either. They could have done things like a new setting, new modes, changing the gameplay to differentiate from its predecessor etc. There's quite a lot of variance in military shooters too. Compare BF1942/BC2/BC2:V/2142/3 etc. they don't feature entirely new gameplay but they don't feel like rehashes either. BF4 on the other hand looks like a COD style rehash of BF3 so far.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Frostbite 3 is really starting to show its muscle in this game. It has the ability to completely outshine Crysis 3 in visual fidelity.
The 17 min game play trailer was absolutely jaw dropping with cinematic sequences unlike COD. BF 4 still gives the player full control.

Its going to be a show stopper at E3. Realistic physics, solid shooting mechanics and insane visuals are its usp.
Frostbite 3 is said to be one of the early engines to use the HSA architecture of PS4, implementing its physics engine.

gameranand

Living to Play
Frostbite 3 is really starting to show its muscle in this game. It has the ability to completely outshine Crysis 3 in visual fidelity.
The 17 min game play trailer was absolutely jaw dropping with cinematic sequences unlike COD. BF 4 still gives the player full control.

Its going to be a show stopper at E3. Realistic physics, solid shooting mechanics and insane visuals are its usp.
Frostbite 3 is said to be one of the early engines to use the HSA architecture of PS4, implementing its physics engine.

Buddy visuals are not everything. Gameplay matters. I would prefer Torchlight 2 instead of COD MW3 any day. :)

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
@Battlefield
Big announcements are coming soon! Retweet to alert your friends!

*twitter.com/Battlefield

might be a demo in Xbox Reveal Xbox, A New Generation Revealed - Xbox.com

cyborg47

Technomancer
Man! I admit I'm a bit biased towards bf4, but that 30 second leaked teaser for cod ghosts sucked major balls :|

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Man! I admit I'm a bit biased towards bf4, but that 30 second leaked teaser for cod ghosts sucked major balls :|

Truth. Heh, Activision with all their money couldn't even match up to 4A Games' awesomeness. Shows money ain't everything. And the running animations seem to be like old ones. Too bad.

But hell, this WILL break all records, I guarantee.

cyborg47

Technomancer
Truth. Heh, Activision with all their money couldn't even match up to 4A Games' awesomeness. Shows money ain't everything. And the running animations seem to be like old ones. Too bad.

But hell, this WILL break all records, I guarantee.

Its the same engine, upgraded. Funny how everybody falls for the 'brand new engine' lies :p

Last edited:

icebags

Technomancer
pre-orderers will get "china rising" expansion pack for free, and mp footage reveal on june 10.
Prepare 4 Next Gen | Xbox One and PlayStation 4 - News - Battlelog / Battlefield 3

and how many guns this guy needs to carry while running away ? one body length sniper riffle + assault riffle in hand, i am sure there is a side arm hanging from waist somewhere and wah are those shotgun ammo on shoulder ? :eek:
*eaassets-a.akamaihd.net/www.battlefield.com/sites/default/files/China_Rising_1.jpg?cb=294e4ed8

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
^This and Arkham Origins? I'm gonna be having a hard time with people come Oct. Gotta do some squats to strengthen my cushions as it's gonna be having hell lotsa pressure.

darkv0id

Journeyman
Are those shots real?

Not trolling, the game looks downright terrible. Completely devoid of any aesthetics. The gun models look good, but the environments are reaally bland, even for a military shooter. And is it just me, or are most of the textures missing?

EDIT: makes sense, it's pre-alpha.

icebags

Technomancer
yes, they better stay with in browser launcher. ingame browser sux for multiplayer, in fact, there should be option for window mode play as well.
those shots look quite revealing though.

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
LAWL .. these are alpha trail shots.. no wonder those buildings are worse looking than Lego blocks(no offense to Lego blocks), no texture applied.

Top Bottom