Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

vps85

Broken In
@vps85

SLI with x8 support is quite meaning less... :( anyway, ABiT IP35-E with 8600 GT is quite a good :) for processor I think E4500 would come under that budget :)

can u please let me know wats that x8 support and y is that meaning less? and y is not good...i saw those (abit fatal1ty and asus) are good in terms of specifications and upgradability...asus has 45nm support also.. so i thought it wud be good...

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
ASUS P5N-E SLi is nvidia 650i setup... though it supports PCI-E x16 for single graphics card but while under SLi the cards would work at PCI-E x8 interface :( thus slowing them down by half... where as P5N32-E SLi is a proper SLi board, in which they can run at their full x16 speed :)

ASUS P5N-E SLi said:
2 x PCI Express x16
- Single VGA mode: x16 (Default)
- SLI mode: x8, x8

*www.asus.com/products.aspx?modelmenu=2&model=1474&l1=3&l2=11&l3=473&l4=0

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@choto
waiting for ur review of Budget Pc (on with amd processor and asus m2a vm)

need to test the setups for atleast 15 days :p on all aspect to provide a review... where as I all most broke my foot :lol: as an APC 650VA have fallen directly upon my foot :p so bit slow on process :lol:

anyway, Testing

• AMD X2 4200+ and M2A-VM
  • AMD X2 4200+ and M2NPV-VM
  • Intel E2140 with XFX 630i (7150)

all comes at more or less same price range :) all are running rest same hardware :D

Sinja

The Demun
hi friends
is there any mobo wich will give full output to 4 gb of ram and support 2 graphics cards running simultaneously . i did hear some where upto 2 gb ram is supported and 4gb decreases efficiency -_-"
sry if this question seems n00b but i was looking for a dream config of high end gamming pc........

vps85

Broken In
ASUS P5N-E SLi is nvidia 650i setup... though it supports PCI-E x16 for single graphics card but while under SLi the cards would work at PCI-E x8 interface :( thus slowing them down by half... where as P5N32-E SLi is a proper SLi board, in which they can run at their full x16 speed :)

*www.asus.com/products.aspx?modelmenu=2&model=1474&l1=3&l2=11&l3=473&l4=0

oh fine..new information for me..ty.. so any board which has 650 i chipset for sli supports only x8 when in sli mode?

how do i see whether a board supports true SLI...wat abt ABit Fatal1ty FP-IN9 SLI ---is it true SLI ? ...

hi Guyz,i am going to build a PC under 30K.
It is needed for office work and good onboard graphix are needed for a bit of gameplay.
here is the config i have made-
XFX 630i Ultra-3.4K
Intel C2D E6600-6.5K
Trancend 2GB 800 Mhz-2.1K
seagate 250 GB SATA II-2.8K
Lite on 20 X DVD RW-1.25 K
Any local cabby with a 400 W PSU-3k(i hope 400 W is enough)
any UPS-2K
logitech wireless KB mouse combo-1.5K
Creative 2.1 speakers-1k
Samsung sync master 740N 17"-8K.
Total-32K,2K exceeded but thats acceptable if u need a decent rig in 30-35K range:D:D

Is this config ok??
plz correct me if i quoted any wrong prices:D

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
I need to upgrade my current PC config of
Asus A8N-VM (nforce 4)
AMD 64FX 3000+ 1.8 Ghz
512 MB DDR RAM
ATi Radeon X1300
===============
Whats the resale value ??

I am doing 3D animation so requirements are moderatly high. S/w used are 3Ds Mx and Maya (in future). Also i am very satisfied with AMD and want to go for AMD again ( i know C2D is betr currently but i want to go with AMD )
After reading this thread the genrealy opinion is towards
Asus M2A VM
AMD X2 4400+/5600+
Geforce 8600GT 256MB
2 x 1 Gb DDR2 SDRAM
=================
Price comes to 11800

Is this config good enough ? And how much will it cost ? What about power supply for the above ? Are NViDIA and AMD compatible ? (i had some prev problem with the two)

Upgrade time is about one week , Max is hanging often :(

Last edited:

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
@sunny

Take E6550(1333MHz FSB) for 7k instead of E6600.

And look up d prev. posts to get a better view of price quotes.....

Last edited:
I need to upgrade my current PC config of

I am doing 3D animation so requirements are moderatly high. S/w used are 3Ds Mx and Maya (in future). Also i am very satisfied with AMD and want to go for AMD again ( i know C2D is betr currently but i want to go with AMD )
After reading this thread the genrealy opinion is towards

Is this config good enough ? And how much will it cost ? What about power supply for the above ? Are NViDIA and AMD compatible ? (i had some prev problem with the two)

Upgrade time is about one week , Max is hanging often :(

Ur choice is good if u want to stick to AMD ... but plz specify ur budget so that we can recommend the exact config. And AFAIK there r no compatibility issues b/w AMD and Nvidia. And about the power supply for the config mentioned by u, any decent 400/450 w power supply is enough. Or u can look for Zebronics 500w Platinum.

need to test the setups for atleast 15 days :p on all aspect to provide a review... where as I all most broke my foot :lol: as an APC 650VA have fallen directly upon my foot :p so bit slow on process :lol:

anyway, Testing
  • AMD X2 4200+ and M2A-VM
  • AMD X2 4200+ and M2NPV-VM
  • Intel E2140 with XFX 630i (7150)
all comes at more or less same price range :) all are running rest same hardware :D
I think AMD X2 4200+ can be a value deal. Its better than the E2140, and budget PC(upto 30K) manufacturers(assemblers) in bangalore all prescribe that for being VFM(while looking at performance). Its 3.5 to 4k cost.

but you might want to try AMD Athlon 64 X2 BE-2350

MSI K9N GM-L
ASUS M2N-MX
MSI K9NGM2-FID
MSI K9MM-V
MSI K9AGM2-LASUS M2A-VM

are worth looking at I guess...

and yes, Gigabyte GA-8I945GZME is a good cheap intel mobo.

btw, isn't AMD Athlon 64 X2 BE-2350 the best sub 3k processor ?

Last edited:
OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
vps85 said:
how do i see whether a board supports true SLI...wat abt ABit Fatal1ty FP-IN9 SLI ---is it true SLI ? ...

If planning SLi then think for ASUS P5N32-E SLi :)

@MetalheadGautham

BE processors are really costly in Kolkata, dont know why :( but i dont have plan in next update (In cafe) if possible will go for the BE Range :)

about Mobo, we do have MSI M9AGM2-FIH / ASUS M2N-MX / MSI K9MM-V (this one is really not upto the mark, and was a pretty bad investment) / M2A-VM on those boards which you mentioned :) now all are based on same chipset the AMD690 or nvidia 6150 :p... while higher one comes with better cooling and extra ram slot and bios tweking option :p so more or less the video or procy performance comes the same :p

btw, isn't AMD Athlon 64 X2 BE-2350 the best sub 3k processor ?

last time (a month) when i checked I was quoted Rs. 4300/- for the Procy :cry:

Sunny said:
hi Guyz,i am going to build a PC under 30K.
It is needed for office work and good onboard graphix are needed for a bit of gameplay.

with higher budget the XFX 630i 7150 isnt just the board which one should have :) as for its single channel ram setup... but for your need you may,

Intel E6550 @ Rs. 6700 /- + TAX
XFX 630i 7150 @ Rs. 3450 /- + TAX
19" TFT View Sonic vg1930wm (don’t buy vx1932wm) @ Rs. 9200 /- + TAX
Kingstone DDR-II 667 MHz 2 GB Single Stick @ Rs. 1800 /- + TAX
250 GB SATA-II 16mb buffer @ Rs. 2600 /- + TAX
DVD RW liteon / lg / asus @ Rs. 1300 /- + TAX
Any Local Cabinet with 450 watts <- now days they all come with 450 watts @ Rs. 1200 /- + TAX
Local UPS @ Rs. 1400 /- + TAX
Logitech wireless combo @ Rs. 1500 /- + TAX
Creative 2.1 SBS 3xx @ Rs. 1000 /- + TAX

TAX @ 4% VAT Rs. 1206 /-
Total Rs. 31356 /-

may be at your place price may come high, and I guess then u may have to drop down to 17" TFT :lol:

@Maverick340

Understood your needs, may i know your budget ??

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
I dont really have a budget as such. I am not a gamer , i only need it to run Maya and 3Ds Max well. Along with it if i can play games , thats bonus.
No SLI also. Mobo , RAM and Gfx card are almost confimred
Asus M2A-VM
2 x 1 Trancend 800mhz DDR2 SDRAM
Geforce 8600GT 256MB
About the proccy , AMD 64 X2 4400+ looks like a good deal , but If i can pack in something better for under 12-13k then its good.

@MetalheadGautham

BE processors are really costly in Kolkata, dont know why :( but i dont have plan in next update (In cafe) if possible will go for the BE Range :)

about Mobo, we do have MSI M9AGM2-FIH / ASUS M2N-MX / MSI K9MM-V (this one is really not upto the mark, and was a pretty bad investment) / M2A-VM on those boards which you mentioned :) now all are based on same chipset the AMD690 or nvidia 6150 :p... while higher one comes with better cooling and extra ram slot and bios tweking option :p so more or less the video or procy performance comes the same :p

last time (a month) when i checked I was quoted Rs. 4300/- for the Procy :cry:
I think I may have misquoted the price, but you certainly get that procy for ~3.5K in grey market without bargaining. And yes, BE range is worth concidering if you have a frequent use rig, as it consumes lesser power due to the 65 nm architecture, and power in India is costlier than is US, and with all these "green PC" stuff today, and the abusive power bills, it might be helpful for you.

And yes, MSI K9MM-V was Via. And 3k. So how can you expect it to be good ?
And if you already have those boards, I don't think you concider buying new boards? And you might as well review the processor on those boards too ?
BTW, how is M2A-VM ? Compared to the other boards ?

And I just noticed, Intel has lots of cheap mobos these days. Will it affect AMD's market share ?
And tell me some Sub 3k AMD Boards.

PS: Have you got enough experience with your rigs to tell about all your boards/processors and rate their performance/cost ?

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Even MSI K9N GM is for 2.3k and K9MMV is sub 2.5kk board nd is even cheaper than K9N GM nd even K9A GM2 is for 2.4k.
And M2A VM is a very gud board compared to these as it has gud oc features nd DVI too. But none has fan over the MCP heatsink, nd it fells like they heat up pretty more, nd a fan wud have appreciated.
And even M2A VM's MCP heatsink is too hot. I think they are saving on the heatsink nd fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom