Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
so if you are a overclocker and gamer, then E8400 :D if over all performance :D then Q9450 :D

if you are need of a system go for the total system with E2140 :p replace that E2140 after 6 month with meainstream 45nm :D as by then it would be common in market so the price also would lower than what it would be at the time of launch :)

yup i'm a oc'r and a gamer.rarely do i rip any dvds or do photoshoping.most of the time i surf,game,watch tv,read e-books etc.i'm also getting a lappy.

as of now i've the following config:
Q6600 @ 3GHz
borrowed mobo from frnd
3*1GB DDR2 667 @ 833MHz
8800GT 320MB
1TB storage

now i'll be upgradinmg to Nehalem once it hits the market.and i'm xpecting it to come within 6-9months.

so plz suggest accordingly....

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
now i'll be upgradinmg to Nehalem once it hits the market.and i'm xpecting it to come within 6-9months.

so plz suggest accordingly....

It wont do :( as per as Intel, Nehalem (32nm) is expected to roll with new socket architecture :( LGA 1366 for Server range XEON and LGA 1066 or LGA 705 for Desktop range...

though its not yet finalized which socket the desktop may come, wether like their previous setup for single socket for all range thus LGA 1366 or different for XEON / Desktop but its almost certain that 45nm is the last batch of LGA 775 :(

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
It wont do :( as per as Intel, Nehalem (32nm) is expected to roll with new socket architecture :( LGA 1366 for Server range XEON and LGA 1066 or LGA 705 for Desktop range...

though its not yet finalized which socket the desktop may come, wether like their previous setup for single socket for all range thus LGA 1366 or different for XEON / Desktop but its almost certain that 45nm is the last batch of LGA 775 :(

yeah i know that Nehalem will deploy a diff socket.i'll be upgrading that whole thing including gfx card,ram,proccy,mobo.thats not the main prob.i've started saving money from now so that i hav bout 1lac at the time Nehalem hits for upgrading.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
^^^
my vendor has offered the H 530 for 33k all.he'll get me the rates for V6608AU by 2day afternoon.
his opinion is that HP 530 is a commercial model, so the overall quality is better than Compaq.now i cant decide wat to do.plz help me.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
No 64 bit computting with Core Duo processor :( also X2 uis better than Core Duo :p but yes Core 2 Duo would out perform X2 :)

i mean just look at the config ur self...

HP 530

Core Duo 1.6 GHz
GMA 950

Where as,

Compaq V6608AU

X2 1.9 GHz
Nvidia 7150

stick with compaq 6608AU at kolkata with tax and 2 GB RAM its Rs. 35200/- :) (take home without gifts)

Lot of poeple needs to buy PC for gifting purpose, where the brand name matters... :)
for that, an Intel Dot Station worth Rs. 3500 + Rs. 140 tax will do.:lol:
(search for it in the forums. Me and Charan's threads.).

It looks pretty, runs Vector Linux, the lightweight yet good looking Distro well, has 300MHz Celeron Processor, 64 MB SD RAM, Intel 810 mobo and 10 GB HDD, along with a 14" Colour CRT. Everything is bundled with the Monitor, like an iMac. The Keyboard is small, with no number pad. Instead of mouse, there is a touchpad on the keyboard. There is a free phone.

Thought you might want to review this baby yourself, and as you own internet cafes, such systems will benifit you(browsing. Download Slave. Home Server. Aur Kya ?)

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
MetalheadGautham said:
Thought you might want to review this baby yourself, and as you own internet cafes, such systems will benifit you(browsing. Download Slave. Home Server. Aur Kya ?)

It up to me to decide what i want to offer at my cafes, whether it would be a 26k Quad Core or would it be a 3.5k Intel Dot station...

once again its up to me to offer which service i want to prode, whether its just surfing browsing or some thing else...

It looks pretty, runs Vector Linux, the lightweight yet good looking Distro well, has 300MHz Celeron Processor, 64 MB SD RAM, Intel 810 mobo and 10 GB HDD, along with a 14" Colour CRT. Everything is bundled with the Monitor, like an iMac. The Keyboard is small, with no number pad. Instead of mouse, there is a touchpad on the keyboard. There is a free phone.

sorry, i tried, Linux didnt do any good in our busines... its just not linux or open source.. even people rejected Office 2007 also..

and once again thnx for the advertisemnet but still mainstream which does the job for me...

No 64 bit computting with Core Duo processor :( also X2 uis better than Core Duo :p but yes Core 2 Duo would out perform X2 :)

i mean just look at the config ur self...

HP 530

Core Duo 1.6 GHz
GMA 950

Where as,

Compaq V6608AU

X2 1.9 GHz
Nvidia 7150

stick with compaq 6608AU at kolkata with tax and 2 GB RAM its Rs. 35200/- :) (take home without gifts)
well said. The HP still has better looks(????) but who wants looks? The 6608 still looks good enough to me.
And yes, if you compare the two, Core Duo 1.6 GHz(its not Core2) and Turion X2 1.9GHzm the turion kills the core any day even with the samw clockspeed. And here, you got Turion X2 1.9 vs Core Duo 1.6. The Intel will get brutually crushed by the AMD.

It up to me to decide what i want to offer at my cafes, whether it would be a 26k Quad Core or would it be a 3.5k Intel Dot station...

once again its up to me to offer which service i want to prode, whether its just surfing browsing or some thing else...

sorry, i tried, Linux didnt do any good in our busines... its just not linux or open source.. even people rejected Office 2007 also..

and once again thnx for the advertisemnet but still mainstream which does the job for me...
1. Are yaar, you took offence again. I said that this will make a perfect Internet Slave(thats what I call PCs running on low power only for downloads :lol:)
2. Once again, I said the same old thing. I just suggested that for a "gift PC", a machine like this fits the bill :lol:.

And yes, so will one of the still to come ultraportables :?

3. I know. Linux is hardly accepted by "The Masses". I thought you might be intrested in reviewing this. I *might* buy this in the next 20 days. But still...

Does the fact that the rest of the system is weak affect video encoding speed by a large amount with a C2Q6600 ?

Last edited:

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
Does the fact that the rest of the system is weak affect video encoding speed by a large amount with a C2Q6600 ?

it will affect to some extent.i mean if the mobo is not able to give enuf data to the procy then performance is bound to suffer.
for e.g if u run a Q6600 on a G945,P965 and P35 performance of P35 sud be better.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
MetalheadGautham said:
2. Once again, I said the same old thing. I just suggested that for a "gift PC", a machine like this fits the bill

Where are you from ?? in India there is a new buch or professional called MR medical representetives :lol:, thei job is to visit the doctors and bribe them with gifts and all short of things so that those doctors can prescribe the drugs of their company :(

those people who are doing the MR job are not bad but those who are hireing them are and those doctors who are taking the bribes are :(

now the point for which i am writting this is that brach of users, often ask me, to suggest a System with brand name.. which they want to gift to the docs... brand name Core 2 Quad is certainly is necessary...

This type of bribes also goes to Senior company officials when some one needs to obtain a work order or tender :| there too, same old story... the brand name needs to be there :p which is now hot and in the TV or in the magazine....

Do u think in any way I am advertising some thing ?? as by judging via this post, *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=732992&postcount=6 u do seems to think that way...

do note down, neithr Intel nor XFX would pay me a penny even if I worship them... There is no benefit for me to ask some one to buy any thing, the blog, the forums are just the place where i can share my thoughts, thats it...

3. I know. Linux is hardly accepted by "The Masses". I thought you might be intrested in reviewing this. I *might* buy this in the next 20 days. But still...

money is really a big factor... personally i cant even afford my self a better mobile than N3315 and buying a 3.5k stuff just for testing is quite out of question for me :(

certainly, if i get a chance to use the product for 7 days or more, a review will follow... but then again its the question of IF :(

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
^^^ my vendor just called me up and sais tha Compaq V6608AU is no longer available.it has been replaced my anothrt model with the same specs but has the folowing changes:
1>14.1" display instead of 15.4"
2>has integrated web cam.

and price is bout 34k all incl.
so sud i oder that model.

Last edited:
OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@hellgate

1800 425 4999

Give HP sales a call to find out as till yesterday there were no such news at here in Kolkata... but that doesnt mean its not possible... but do give HP a call :p see what they have to say, as just yesterday some one known to me did order that product and he didnt reported any such :p

Where are you from ?? in India there is a new buch or professional called MR medical representetives :lol:, thei job is to visit the doctors and bribe them with gifts and all short of things so that those doctors can prescribe the drugs of their company :(

those people who are doing the MR job are not bad but those who are hireing them are and those doctors who are taking the bribes are :(

now the point for which i am writting this is that brach of users, often ask me, to suggest a System with brand name.. which they want to gift to the docs... brand name Core 2 Quad is certainly is necessary...

This type of bribes also goes to Senior company officials when some one needs to obtain a work order or tender :| there too, same old story... the brand name needs to be there :p which is now hot and in the TV or in the magazine....

Do u think in any way I am advertising some thing ?? as by judging via this post, *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=732992&postcount=6 u do seems to think that way...

do note down, neithr Intel nor XFX would pay me a penny even if I worship them... There is no benefit for me to ask some one to buy any thing, the blog, the forums are just the place where i can share my thoughts, thats it...

money is really a big factor... personally i cant even afford my self a better mobile than N3315 and buying a 3.5k stuff just for testing is quite out of question for me :(

certainly, if i get a chance to use the product for 7 days or more, a review will follow... but then again its the question of IF :(
Well, I was mearly suggesting that it makes a good thing to try out. For example, I tried out my friend's GBA-SP for 2 hours and wrote a 9 page review about it(no kidding, it happened years back).

In the net, nobody really bothers with cheap hardware, unlike some guys like me.
I am obsessed with economics in purchases.

Anyway, what was that about HP ditching 6608 ?

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
@hellgate

u can try Dell Inspiron 1420. U can configure it on their site to suite ur budget. Inspiron 1420 by default config. is available for 35K(excluding Tax+delivery), including Vista Home Basic. Leave out the OS and some other options to reduce it to ur budget range.

HP is no where near Dell.... :)

See it ur self...........
*www1.ap.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/inspnnb_1420?c=in&l=en&s=dhs&cs=indhs1

u can even try the higher models.....Inspiron 1525...etc or even XPS models.
Its all the same......u configure it online and make d laptop that suites ur needs and ur budget......!! :)

Last edited:

juggler

In the zone
@hellgate

u can try Dell Inspiron 1420. U can configure it on their site to suite ur budget. Inspiron 1420 by default config. is available for 35K(excluding Tax+delivery), including Vista Home Basic. Leave out the OS and some other options to reduce it to ur budget range.

HP is no where near Dell.... :)

See it ur self...........
*www1.ap.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/inspnnb_1420?c=in&l=en&s=dhs&cs=indhs1

u can even try the higher models.....Inspiron 1525...etc or even XPS models.
Its all the same......u configure it online and make d laptop that suites ur needs and ur budget......!! :)

Is there a option of leaving out OS ???
is so please post a link and applicable taxes after the tax waiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom