Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
MetalheadGautham said:
PS: Have you got enough experience with your rigs to tell about all your boards/processors and rate their performance/cost ?

No I dont consider that :( I still have a tons of thing to learn :( what ever little I have learnt i do try to share them with all...

And yes, MSI K9MM-V was Via. And 3k. So how can you expect it to be good ?

some thing not right as its Rs. 1600/- + TAX retailing at Kolkata :|

BTW, how is M2A-VM ? Compared to the other boards ?

better value for money that M2NPV-VM where as poor for linux with poor driver support :(

And I just noticed, Intel has lots of cheap mobos these days. Will it affect AMD's market share ?
And tell me some Sub 3k AMD Boards.

By far there is only one all most proper board from Intel which is XFX 630i 7150 :p that too is cripple by the fact of No Dual Chennel support

and as arvind said, MSI K9AMG2 (AMG690G) and ASUS M2N-MX at Rs. 2450/- is there :)

^^
first thing ,that PC is not for me.And those who are buying it are staisfied with 17" monitor then y not give them a better proccy.
better to invest that money in RAM, as it will give better performance gain. Or grapphic card. It also will give better performance gain. With a E6xxx series processor, the fact that all have 4 mb l2 cache instead of 2mb in other C2Ds is fact enough to give a solid performance boost.

Small increases in clock speeds of processors are not enough boosters of performance compared to something like 4GB ram instead of 2GB, or a 512mb 8600GT instead of a 256 mb 8600GT, GTS instead of GT, DDR3(in card) instead of DDR2, etc.

@ cheeta: I have ab old system with iball Keyboard/Mouse(optical scroll) combo. My mouse fell down a few times and occasionally has difficulty moving(on screen). Is it worth opting for iBall's offer to exchange old mouse for an iBall lazer mouse for Rs. 399/- ?

*www.iball.co.in/main_flash.swf
*www.iball.co.in/

Really ?? Thats bad .. I am thinking of getting this and i use Ubuntu ...
we are in the same boat I guess... But hasn't AMD promised to be more OSS friendly now onwards ?
All they need is a deal with the likes of one of Canonical, Red Hat, Mandriva, etc to start supplying OSS drivers with advertising terms in the contract between the two companies(like for example Canonical recomending in Ubuntu website a system with AMD products in it as an ideal budget Ubuntu Machine and AMD using a logo that says something like "Fully Compatible With Linux" and they might just have started the begining of a new era in computing.

And yes, their cards must better nVidia in OpenGL support and performance(in OpenGL again).

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
But Prakash in this forum said that M2A Vm has gud linux drivers at least for Ubuntu. I dun use linux so dun know.
And he even said u can make it work with other distributions also with some easy commands

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
nvidia as native has better support but as an advance user u can work all those board under those linux :| box... but at a glance for linux users I would suggest nvidia products though :lol:

But Prakash in this forum said that M2A Vm has gud linux drivers at least for Ubuntu. I dun use linux so dun know.
And he even said u can make it work with other distributions also with some easy commands
prakash said that ? Prakash, THE linux user, said that ? guess he never used it and just stole somebody's line:lol:

woah :D coooooool some screenshots pictures and a review please :D
he must be one big graphic card freak.
Besides, does one XFX 8800GT 512mb GDDR3 out perform two XFX 8600GT 512(also reply for 256)mb GDDR3 in a computer ?(the later is in SLi, and the former is a single card).

Is doing what I said (replacing 8800gt with two 8600gt) a good VFMising PC technique ?

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
SLI is most of the time crappy nd will get some 40~50% boost over single card most of the time , nd will need better cooling, PSU nd an SLI mobo.

SLI is most of the time crappy nd will get some 40~50% boost over single card most of the time , nd will need better cooling, PSU nd an SLI mobo.
Yup. Was wondering about the fact that normal mobos with 16x PCIe slots are dirt cheap, while SLI boards cost a lot, way out of reach of budget systems.

Anyway, is there a room for a Celeron vs Sempron shootout here ? Use them and get a mobo+graphics(onboard acceptable)+ram(512 ddr2 min)+sound(onboard acceptable) combo thats as low as possible. Linux compatability prefered.
Also, a general Celeron vs Sempron processor only shootout will be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom