Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jags

Journeyman
^^it will cost me ??
also it does not support ddr2 1066mhz :( ..is that a really BIG deal in terms of performance ??

Pathik

Google Bot
The abit ip35e is definitely a better mobo.. But it is 1.2k costlier. Both r vfm ocers. Btw devil the name is pathik. Not pathiNk.. :p . And ru sure u hav quoted the price of ddr2 667 and not 800mhz ram??

Anup Nair

Broken In
I am buying a new PC. Budget is around 40K in total.
Processor - Intel or AMD ?
Motherboard - Accourding to the processor. Asus ?
Ram 2Gb DDR2 677
Hard Disk - 320 Gb Sata2
DVD writer - 20X Sony or Lite On ?
Monitor LCD - 19in ??
Cabinet And SMPS - ??
Graphic Card - ??

PLS add a link to which product site and the price.
Will be buying this from Mumbai.

Thanks in advance.

Wish u all a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.

Jags

Journeyman
what do u think about this board..?
*xtremegx.com/store/biostar-tp35d2a7-p-191.html
Its cheaper than abit-ip35E
Is it worth going for ??

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@moshel

As its a system for a person who would be doing Ph.D on a filed which doesnt need heavy computer processing power, look in to this notebook model rather than a desktop...

Compaq Presario C702TU Notebook PC (GS091PA)

The base confir is,

Intel Celeron D 1.73 GHz / 533 FSB / 1 MB L2
Mobile Intel GL960
GMA x3100
512 MB <<<< Upgrade this with another 512 MB which is Rs. 800 MAX
80 GB SATA HDD
8x DVD RW drive
Wifi / USD 2.0 / LAN / Modem / Card Reader
15.4" WideScreen with 1280x800 resoltuion

with 1 GB RAM its is Rs. 24800/- incl VAT and TAX and every thing, comes free carrey case and an USB mouse... :)

with 1 GB its fully vista ready with GMA x3100...

as basic it comes with 1 year warrenty :) but i suggest when you purchase ask the vendor to let you know whether it would be possible for you to extend the warrenty after 8 or 10 month of purchase, for information Compaq by default allows it, but some time vendors want to misguide you by stating not...

after 8 or 10 month extend the warrenty for another 2 years which usually costs Rs. 4100/- for this model :)

Last edited:

DarkX

Right off the assembly line
@Choto
Zebronics Peace (PSU 400W)
XFX 650i Ultra
Transcend 2GB (1GB*2) DDR-II 800MHz
XFX GeForce 8600GT 256MB
250 GB SATA-II Segate
But my same old processor P4

Is this config fine for graphic editing (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc) use and little bit of gaming?

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
DarkX said:
But my same old processor P4

There is a doubt... !!! OLD P4 means ?? is it a LGA 775 one or older socket one ??

if its LGA775 then system will work, but wont be the best config under you budget :p as if I were you for your needs I may cosider, droping the grfx card and opt for a AMD X2 based solution...

now if you a Intel fan and want to keep the door open for better options, then still I would say, drop the 8600, opt for ASUS P5K-VM with Intel E2140... so it keeps all option open for you under Intel platform !!! :)

@Anup Nair

can you please tell us your need ?? I mean what would b the use for the system ??

Last edited:

DarkX

Choto Cheeta said:
There is a doubt... !!! OLD P4 means ?? is it a LGA 775 one or older socket one ??

@Anup Nair

can you please tell us your need ?? I mean what would b the use for the system ??
My processor is P4 2.4 GHz, so I think it's a socket 478 one.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
DarkX said:
My processor is P4 2.4 GHz, so I think it's a socket 478 one.

So wont work, think for this bellow options...

me said:
as if I were you for your needs I may cosider, droping the grfx card and opt for a AMD X2 based solution...

now if you a Intel fan and want to keep the door open for better options, then still I would say, drop the 8600, opt for ASUS P5K-VM with Intel E2140... so it keeps all option open for you under Intel platform !!! :)

DarkX

Hmm... I want to stick with Intel processor :p
what if I go with Core2Duo E4500 (costs 4800 i think) and rest same config I posted above?

Thanks. :)

Last edited:
guys plz quote the price for following config in delhi....

AMD X2 4000+ --
M2N MX SE --
1 x 2 GB Trancend 667--
250 GB Sata2 (Company)--
ATX cabinet--
DVD RW--
17" Monitor--
Nrmal K/B and Mouse--
UPS
Plz suggest minimum possible rates .........
Thnx

got my new sys yesterday and completely messed up with it today.
got ASUS P35 based blitz mobo and its dead now WTF!!
now can anybody tell me that is my ram,gpu and proccy safe??they were on the mobo when it died.
they seem to be ok.look alright but still if anybody can tell me i will be able to sleep 2nite.
anyways,im going nehru place to get my mobo replaced 2moro.
will it be replaced??

harryneopotter said:
guys plz quote the price for following config in delhi....

AMD X2 4000+ --
M2N MX SE --
1 x 2 GB Trancend 667--
250 GB Sata2 (Company)--
ATX cabinet--
DVD RW--
17" Monitor--
Nrmal K/B and Mouse--
UPS
Plz suggest minimum possible rates .........
Thnx
kal nehru place jaa raha hu apna tuta futa mobo leke.
il also ask the prices:(:(

Last edited:

Arun1234

Hi. I am Planning to buy a pc for myself. My Budget is Rs. 20,000/-. My Requirements are Motherboard of Intel or any other you can suggest me. Excluding the Monitor
I don't have any knowledge about the Configuration. Please suggest me one as soon as possible. The Pc should be generally for Home use with a little bit of gaming support.
Plz suggest me the prices as per Mumbai Market.

Thanks

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
I am thinking on upgrading..
Can you tell which Motherboard is available for X2 4000+ having onboard graphics and eSata?
and
I have a 2.5" HD..also tell Is there any casing with both USB and sata ports, whats the price of that Transcend casing.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Arun1234 said:
Hi. I am Planning to buy a pc for myself. My Budget is Rs. 20,000/-. My Requirements are Motherboard of Intel or any other you can suggest me. Excluding the Monitor
I don't have any knowledge about the Configuration. Please suggest me one as soon as possible. The Pc should be generally for Home use with a little bit of gaming support.
Plz suggest me the prices as per Mumbai Market.

Thanks

why intel Mobo ?? u wont get a good deal with Intel :( think for amd :D

sagar_coolx

Journeyman
dudes, we need a new desktop for our housing society office....will be required for office apps, accounting, keepin records etc....
as it is not personally owned i think branded will be better(easy service...
now the only necessary cond. is that it should have 17"lcd....and should cost as less as our requirement demands..
so please if you could list some models...and which company to go for...

sagar_coolx said:
dudes, we need a new desktop for our housing society office....will be required for office apps, accounting, keepin records etc....
as it is not personally owned i think branded will be better(easy service...
now the only necessary cond. is that it should have 17"lcd....and should cost as less as our requirement demands..
so please if you could list some models...and which company to go for...
:idea:Dell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom