Plz comment on the following rig :

Q6600
XFX 780I SLI
2 * XFX 8800GTS 512 MB

Price excluding the proccy is $1000 ( Getting from Newegg). Approx. Rs 40 K
Proccy approx 11 K.
Total 51 K.
Please tell is the price good enuff??

I previously opted for EVGA but then rejected it due to lack of customer support ( in fact no customer support ) in India.

mastermunj

In the zone
Guys,

What will be the best price for following configuration in Mumbai..

Core 2 Quad Q6600
XFX 650 Ultra
XFX 8600GT 256MB DDR3
2X1GB Transcend 800Mhz
Seagate 250GB SATA-II 3GBPS
Zebronics Antibiotic
Viewsonic 17" LCD
LiteOn 18X DVD R/W

My budget is around 30K, please give suggestions to make the config fit in budget!!

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@mastermunj

Just one comment is, try and push for 19" TFT !!! View Sonic would be Rs. 9k for their vg1930 or even lower for their VA1912 series !!!

There really is not a huge difference between 17" and 19" pricing so, if possible try to push for the 19" display !!!

Pathik

Google Bot
mastermunj said:
Guys,

What will be the best price for following configuration in Mumbai..

Core 2 Quad Q6600
XFX 650 Ultra
XFX 8600GT 256MB DDR3
2X1GB Transcend 800Mhz
Zebronics Antibiotic
Viewsonic 17" LCD
LiteOn 18X DVD R/W

My budget is around 30K, please give suggestions to make the config fit in budget!!
I would make it
Core 2 Duo e2140
Abit IP35e
XFX 8800GT 512MB GDDR3

2X1GB Transcend 800Mhz
Zebronics Antibiotic
Viewsonic 17" LCD
LiteOn 18X DVD R/W
If i was you.
If u want to lower the budget get a 8600gt instead.

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
@pathiks

do u think i can get those stuff in lesser cost ( without waiting for another month or two) ?
and as i am getting the stuff from Newegg, what about the warranty issue?? U have ny idea?
If no international warranty, I wish to get my stuff from theitwares.com but it will cost me at least 10 K more :(.

mastermunj

In the zone
pathiks said:
I would make it
Core 2 Duo e2140
Abit IP35e
XFX 8800GT 512MB GDDR3

2X1GB Transcend 800Mhz
Zebronics Antibiotic
Viewsonic 17" LCD
LiteOn 18X DVD R/W
If i was you.
If u want to lower the budget get a 8600gt instead.

Can you give price for both the configs... the one i mentioned and the one u mentioned?

I can right now eleminate graphics card from it and buy it 3 months later.. but for me priority is to have a quad core.. as i wanna set up app server, web server, database server for my 3 tier application to work under rugged environment..

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
BULLZI said:
i am getting the stuff from Newegg, what about the warranty issue?? U have ny idea?

May god save you from the customs... *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/76.gif and XFX India or Intel India will not going to provide warranty !!!! to obtain warranty you have to send it back to the US / or to the store which is Newegg !! :lol: once again when you receive the product back, may god same you from the customs... *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/76.gif

Pathik

Google Bot
My config and urs wd cost around the same. But considering ur needs i think u wd be better off with a quad.

mastermunj

In the zone
pathiks said:
My config and urs wd cost around the same. But considering ur needs i think u wd be better off with a quad.

you mean i can get my config at around 30k?

which will be best buying place for it in mumbai?

i have started a new thread for getting info on dealers at lamington road..

hope you guys with ur expertise can put info there so that ppl know which peripheral is best with which dealer..

Thanks!!

Pathik

Google Bot
^^ Sorry yaar. :p :p
@mastermunj nope it would not be 30k. It wd cost the same as the config u said would. around 40k.
Also if u r not a gamer get another mobo with onboard gfx to cut costs..

mastermunj

In the zone
pathiks said:
^^ Sorry yaar. :p :p
@mastermunj nope it would not be 30k. It wd cost the same as the config u said would. around 40k.
Also if u r not a gamer get another mobo with onboard gfx to cut costs..

am a big time gamer and that's why have selected this mobo to go with graphics card..

and 40k shall not be problem if i will wait for another month's time... may be then i can get something even better in 40K :D

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@mastermunj

Man stick with you own config..

Core 2 Quad Q6600
XFX 650 Ultra
XFX 8600GT 256MB DDR3
2X1GB Transcend 800Mhz
Zebronics Antibiotic
Viewsonic 17" LCD
LiteOn 18X DVD R/W

if you go with Dual Core E2140 + 8800 GT 512, u need to have good over clocking skills and exp to make sure the E2140 doesnt actually Bottle neck your GRFX Card thus lowering down the system performance...

@pathiks

I think E2140 wont do with 8800 GT, one need to think of AMD alter native in that place... as not all have good skills for OC, where as with 8800 one need to really have great OC skills to push the E2140 to cop up with 8800 :(

mastermunj

In the zone
i had done little bit of OC with my old P-IV.

somehow its down since more than a year...

and with Q6600, i won't actually need to do OC in most cases, and if at all required, am sure thinkdigit have experts who can give me sheer guidance..

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@mastermunj

U didnt get my point... u dont need to touch Q6600 howeve u need to have some thing like this, *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75279 if you go with E2140 + 8800 GT

:lol:
:lol:

mastermunj

In the zone
i got your point choto_cheeta

but i need high processing capacity with added advantage of 8MB L2 Cache...

all these matters for me more than graphics or over clocking..

over clocking has serious issue if you gotta do it with business...

and i dnt wanna take chance with my career .. hehe...

will use OC just to learn and for fun while doing some extreme gaming or some other timepass benchmark processing..

off topic..

@choto_Cheeta
nice website.. specially feedjit!! hmmm.... i gotta need such things on my website too...

Last edited:

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
Choto Cheeta said:
May god save you from the customs... *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/76.gif and XFX India or Intel India will not going to provide warranty !!!! to obtain warranty you have to send it back to the US / or to the store which is Newegg !! :lol: once again when you receive the product back, may god same you from the customs... *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/76.gif

I am not going to buy proccy from abroad. Any local dealer will do :).

If no warranty, then I am sticking to ny Indian online store for the gfx cards.
Not too much price difference.
So only mobo left from abroad.
Its quite possible to courier the stuff via FEDEX/DTDC from abroad, isnt it??
I asked my friend to do so.
And why customs will be a problem if I ask him to send the items one by one in a couple of weeks?? Plz explain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom