Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

upendra_gp

In the zone
hi firnds will a E6750 work with DG965RY? And also is the board good overclocker? And also suggest me good mobo with onboard graphics. do include prices.

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
Intel mobos allow dont allow overclocking.
Why dont you go for Asus ? These boards are excellent overclockers.
U can also try out new A-bit mobos or XFX 650I Ultra ( I am pretty sure Choto will suggest the XFX one :D).

Pathik

Google Bot
BULLZI said:
@pathiks

do u think i can get those stuff in lesser cost ( without waiting for another month or two) ?
and as i am getting the stuff from Newegg, what about the warranty issue?? U have ny idea?
If no international warranty, I wish to get my stuff from theitwares.com but it will cost me at least 10 K more :(.
You can get the other stuff here but not the 780i mobo.
And no idea about the warranty dude. wait for choto to reply..
@choto yea thats rite but i think i wd go with a e2140 + 8800gt 512 instead of a q6600 + 8600gt. e2140 can easily oc 60-70% on stock. :)
@upendra nope e6750 wont work with a dg965ry as it is a 1333mhz fsb board.

sagar_coolx

Journeyman
had posted this b4..
dudes, we need a new desktop for our housing society office....will be required for office apps, accounting, keepin records etc....
as it is not personally owned i think branded will be better(easy service...
now the only necessary cond. is that it should have 17"lcd....and should cost as less as our requirement demands(25 sumthing)..
so please if you could list some models...and which company to go for...

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
pathiks said:
You can get the other stuff here but not the 780i mobo.
And no idea about the warranty dude. wait for choto to reply..
@choto yea thats rite but i think i wd go with a e2140 + 8800gt 512 instead of a q6600 + 8600gt. e2140 can easily oc 60-70% on stock. :)
@upendra nope e6750 wont work with a dg965ry as it is a 1333mhz fsb board.

I will get the mobo from abroad. Thts not a prob.
Choto already has replied that I wont get warranty of XFX India. Thts a pity :(.

Abt gfx cards, I only found MSI 8800GTS OC 512MB in theitwares.com. Any other manufacturer?? The cards retail at 20.1 K inclusive.

Pathik

Google Bot
upendra_gp said:
then will AMD 690G handle all latest games like Crysis COD4 or such the way x3000 does?
All new games ll look little better than screensavers on any current onboard gfx..
y don't u want to take a graphic card.??
Get a Biostar tf7150..
Or wait for g35 boards to come out.
@sagar check choto's 1st post.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
BULLZI said:
Its quite possible to courier the stuff via FEDEX/DTDC from abroad, isnt it??

:lol: I am sorry but may be to your sending via FEDEX seems cheap but to me its damn costly !!! did you see their rate chart for any electronic Item ??

BULZZI said:
And why customs will be a problem if I ask him to send the items one by one in a couple of weeks?? Plz explain.

Customs has right to charge upto 210% charge under any imported product in India... 210% of not the price mentioned by the store but rather 210% of the price which is customs them self calculates for the product !!!

really wired rule when it comes to calculation of implimenting charge !!!

Even if you send via FEDEX when an internation shipment comes, Customs has the right to stop the shipment and ask you to play fee to release the shipment.. !!!

Pathik

Google Bot
hey saurav isnt it that if someone brings any one product of any type then they can bring it in for personal use?? i mean without any taxes...

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@pathiks

As a student or as returing with H1B visa you may carry up to Rs. 70,000/- of total product excluding your own notebook or pc....

As a visitor, I am not sure, but most likelly its Rs. 15,000/- for US / UK / Middle east, Rs. 35,000/- for south east asia... !!!

go4saket

go4saket said:
It is actually available for 13.5K but as per the reviews I checked, it doesnt seem to be a very good product.

*www.behardware.com/articles/638-1/22-the-new-size-that-will-take-over.html
*www.anandtech.com/displays/showdoc.aspx?i=2944
*www.trustedreviews.com/displays/review/2007/02/12/Acer-AL2216w-22in-Widescreen-Display/p1

As such I will be checking it tomorrow and will post what did I feel about it...

I myself am interested in buying a 22" TFT, but am still not able to decide which one should I go for. My budget is 15K. Any recommendations?

Checked the monitor and it was a big NO as the TFT didnt had a DVI Port... Anyone there who can help me in buying a Viewsonic VX922 (4:3) TFT. Searched for it in the market but couldnt find it...

janitha

Wise Old Owl
go4saket said:
Checked the monitor and it was a big NO as the TFT didnt had a DVI Port... Anyone there who can help me in buying a Viewsonic VX922 (4:3) TFT. Searched for it in the market but couldnt find it...

It is a an old model. Using it for nearly two years. (twice replaced). But available with theitwares for Rs.11100/-. Last week it was 10500/-.

*www.theitwares.com/monitors/monitors.htm

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
Choto Cheeta said:
:lol: I am sorry but may be to your sending via FEDEX seems cheap but to me its damn costly !!! did you see their rate chart for any electronic Item ??

Customs has right to charge upto 210% charge under any imported product in India... 210% of not the price mentioned by the store but rather 210% of the price which is customs them self calculates for the product !!!

really wired rule when it comes to calculation of implimenting charge !!!

Even if you send via FEDEX when an internation shipment comes, Customs has the right to stop the shipment and ask you to play fee to release the shipment.. !!!

I got it. Anyway, I asked my friend ( actually my colleague who permanently stays at USA ) to buy only the mobo for me. Getting the gfx cards from Indian shop. And yup, I got the rules abt the customs, those are really wired ,yaaaaaaaaaaakkkkkkkkkkk.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@go4saket

Cosider View Sonic as the last option... :( as for their Support also.. as seems that issue of my vx1932wm is heading towards consumer court !!!

as par View Sonic India there are no vg1930wm or vx1932wm for replacemnet :( they only have a good suply of the VA seriese and they offered me to replace the TFT with VA :lol: I refused now loggded a complain for refund, if they doesnt will file the case of the 1st after New year when court opens !!!

BULZZI said:
I got it. Anyway, I asked my friend ( actually my colleague who permanently stays at USA ) to buy only the mobo for me.

I strongly oppse !!! :p because of after sales service... Personally i saw no service center receives any Imported product for service... even the model available in India still they refuse because they dont see the serial number listed on their system !!!

Buy internationlly for those brand which comes with International warranty for ex, Notebooks / Apple Products or such... !!!

though buying here at India means few extra bucks, but to me that few extra bucks is better than no support for the total product !!!

but its ur money !! yeah sure if one can afford to buy a 2nd product if no support for the 1st one then sure, INT markter would offer you the best price :D

Last edited:

go4saket

Choto Cheeta said:
@go4saket

Cosider View Sonic as the last option... :( as for their Support also.. as seems that issue of my vx1932wm is heading towards consumer court !!!

as par View Sonic India there are no vg1930wm or vx1932wm for replacemnet :( they only have a good suply of the VA seriese and they offered me to replace the TFT with VA :lol: I refused now loggded a complain for refund, if they doesnt will file the case of the 1st after New year when court opens !!!

If now Viewsonic which one would you recommend. I need a 19" TFT (4:3). I just am not comfortable with widescreen. Budget of about 10-11K Max. Should have a good response rate... Now tell me, which one???

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
Choto Cheeta said:
I strongly oppse !!! :p because of after sales service... Personally i saw no service center receives any Imported product for service... even the model available in India still they refuse because they dont see the serial number listed on their system !!!

Buy internationlly for those brand which comes with International warranty for ex, Notebooks / Apple Products or such... !!!

though buying here at India means few extra bucks, but to me that few extra bucks is better than no support for the total product !!!

but its ur money !! yeah sure if one can afford to buy a 2nd product if no support for the 1st one then sure, INT markter would offer you the best price :D

It seems that it wud be better to spend the money for a PS3 or XBOX 360 along with a large display :( :(.

Last edited:

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
^Yeah buying a PS3 and a large 40" LCD can do something which no other gaming component can give. Though PC gaming is something my choice but if it is only pure dead gaming, above is the reason.

upendra_gp

In the zone
Sorry friends but I can't help it. There's a problem again my monitor suddenly starting to behave ABNORMAL!!!!!! So can u please include a nice 17 or 19 inch TFT in 25k with a graphics card and rest of the things i.e. RAM,HDD and cabinet[total 3000+2400+1400=6800]?

go4saket

I am thinking of buying a Dell Inspiron 1420 Notebook. Just a few doubts...

1. Should I go for Intel C2D T5450 (1.66 Ghz, 2MB L2 Cache, 667 Mhz FSB) or Intel C2d T7250 (2.0 Ghz, 2MB L2 Cache, 800 Mhz FSB). Will there be a considerable difference in performance in both of them.
  2. 160 GB SATA HDD @ 5200 RPM or 160 GB SATA HDD @ 7200 RPM. The later one costs Rs.2100 extra. Is it worth investing?
  3. 65W AC Adapter or a 90W AC adapter.
  4. 6 Cell or a 9 Cell battery. How much extra time of backup do I get in a 9 Cell battery as compared to a 6 Cell battery. Moreover, a 9 cell battery comes out of the laptop face to some extent thereby spoiling the look of it. Which one should I opt?
Lastly, do you think my decision of going for Dell is right or should I go for some other company. My budget is 40K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom