Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

piyush1989kap

Broken In
Hello friends,
I want to buy a PC headphones with mic.I want to use it for gaming music and chatting.
My budget is Rs800-1000;

Please sugest a good headphones.

player2k5

Broken In
Choto Cheeta said:
@ace

Hello and welcome to the forum...

with 35k my suggestion is bellow config... :)

Intel Q6600 @ Rs. 10500 /- + TAX
Abit IP35-E @ Rs. 5800 /- + TAX
XFX 8600 GT @ Rs. 5500 /- + TAX
2 GB Single Stick 667 MHz Transcend or Kingstone @ Rs. 2200 /- + TAX
250 GB SATA-II 16mb buffer (SAMSUNg / SEGATE / WD) @ Rs. 2600 /- + TAX
DVD RW Liteon @ Rs. 1300 /- + TAX
Any Large local Cabinet with 550 Watts SMPS from ColorSit / PwerSAfe/ Zebronics @ Rs. 2000 /- + TAX
Microsoft Desktop Pro 700 @ Rs. 700 /- + TAX
Creative 2.1 @ Rs. 1000 /- + TAX
UPS Local Brand @ Rs. 1400 /- + TAX

TAX @ 4% VAT Rs. 1320 /-
Total Rs. 34320 /-

hi if i go ahead with this config will it be good for gaming and running vista??or should i go in for e6750 cos my budget is 35k too i want a pc for gaming and running vista.

monkey

Padawan
BULLZI said:
I found out today that MSI 8800GTS 512MB OC DDR3 is out in Indian market.
Price 20.1 K.

Link :-

*www.theitwares.com/gfxcards/gfxcards.htm

I have seen that too..but strangely MSI distributors in Delhi (Tirupati and SMC International) have said that the card will be available from next month only.

Also XFX has paper launched 780i SLI Mobo in India for 19k+. Suddenly yantraonline.in's offer 25k (all inclusive) for EVGA 780i SLI is started looking closer to reality!! If we try some bargaining then they might quote for around 22k for the same (which is OK for EVGA product considering they are one of the best available)

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
piyush1989kap said:
Hello friends,
I want to buy a PC headphones with mic.I want to use it for gaming music and chatting.
My budget is Rs800-1000;

Please sugest a good headphones.

Altec Lansing AHS502i
Logitech Premium Stereo Headset

great sound,looks and nice headfones.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
player2k5 said:
hi if i go ahead with this config will it be good for gaming and running vista??or should i go in for e6750 cos my budget is 35k too i want a pc for gaming and running vista.

if the main purpose is gaming, make few alteration... thats get your self E6750 and change the grfx card to 8800 GT 512 MB :)

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
cheeta dada

me said:
guys how much amperage on 12v rail should be enough to run a 8600gt 256mb ddr3?I am confused,I almost bought cooler master 380watts extreme but I just found out that it has 16amps on +12v rail,is it enough?

anybody using this psu or card?

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
How many 12V rails does it have if more than one then its more than enough.
I think the 8600GT requires 18Amp on the 12V rail.

Guys, i am buying a new pc with this config 2morow.
1.MOBO-Abit IX38 Quad-GT
2.Proccy-Intel Core2Quad Q6600@2.4Ghz
3.Memory-Corsair 2*2GB DDR2 RAM@ 800Mhz
4.GPU-Nvidia XFX 8800 GT 512MB xxx SLI
5.PSU/SMPS-Corsair TX750W
6.HDD-Seagate 500GB*2 SATA II@7200RPM
7.Optical Drive-Lite-On 20x litescribe DVD writer in dual
i have a few questions.
1.I am going to OC my procy and GPU.so, do i need a cooler??if yes then which one??no liquid cooling please.only air cooling.
2.Which cabinet to buy??budget 7-8 k.can be extended a bit.
3.Which keyboard and mouse to buy??budget 8k and can be extended.
4.I think viewsonic monitors are good. i am going to buy a 17" one.is it ok??
thats all please guyz help.
Thank you.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Devil, yeah me to think that 380 you have mentioned is not the one to go with.. :p as suspecting you as an advance user I am certain that u will push the card out of its boundary :lol: so try and push for at-least 450 watts or more...

Sunny1211993 said:
1.I am going to OC my procy and GPU.so, do i need a cooler??if yes then which one??no liquid cooling please.only air cooling.

it will be a killer config :lol:

anyway for cooling needs, you may loook at ThermalRight ultra 120 extreme :)

4.I think viewsonic monitors are good. i am going to buy a 17" one.is it ok??

huh ?? 17" ?? u must be jocking right ?? come on with that killer config at-least get your self Acer 22'' AL2216W which is I hear Rs. 13.5k :D

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^^i'll drop it then.I don't have a bug budget for PSU,I think I'll get the zeb platinum 400watt with 20amps on +12v rail which costs about 1.2-1.4k.It should suffice.

Choto Cheeta said:
Devil, yeah me to think that 380 you have mentioned is not the one to go with.. :p as suspecting you as an advance user I am certain that u will push the card out of its boundary :lol: so try and push for at-least 450 watts or more...

it will be a killer config :lol:

anyway for cooling needs, you may loook at ThermalRight ultra 120 extreme :)

huh ?? 17" ?? u must be jocking right ?? come on with that killer config at-least get your self Acer 22'' AL2216W which is I hear Rs. 13.5k :D

nah i prefer small screen.ok if u insist plz tell me any good ones.
and ,is ThermalRight ultra 120 extreme a gud one??cost?
BTW thnx choto.:D:D

upendra_gp

In the zone
Hi friends sorry for bothering you again and again but I am totally confused!!!
If I buy the Q6600 I will be a lot future proof but if I buy E6750 or AMD 6000+ I will be able to get a good graphics card so that I will be able to play games too! So please tell me which one should I go for. The rest of the system will be 2GB 667Mhz RAM,160GB HDD,Cabinet etc. And I will be getting graphics card as soon as they release the 9x series or an ATI 3850/3870. So please advice me in that too. I am not getting a graphics card nhow because DX 10.1 is going to release hence if I buy 8800 GT now it will be outdated! Thanks in advance! P.S.I will be playing games at 1024X768 resolution.

arun_cool

Broken In
Hi guys....
My Friend has a budget of 13k...for processor ,Motherboard and Ram....

So pls suggest him a good choice....

He has an idea of buying 1gb ddr2 667mhz ....coz he is concentrating more on the proccesor...He ll and another 1Gb in one or two months...

how about c2d E6600....Will it fit into his budget....

Also suggest him a good onboard chipset Motherboard coz he will not buy graphics card for 6~8Months.....

Edited: Dont suggest him a overclocking board coz he ll not overclock his Proccesor...coz just now only he ended up in buring his Pentium D 3.2ghz.....

Last edited:

moshel

Padawan
Choto Cheeta said:
Lets Go Low

Target PC within Rs. 15000/- + TAX

Buy a PC which makes sense in a budget as low as possible... This would be a PC for basic Office job, running basic office apps for accounting printing and stuff like that !!!! Will be running Windows XP with ease !!!

AMD X2 3600+ with MSI K9AGM2 (AMD 690V) @ Rs. 5000/- + TAX
1 GB DDR-II 667 MHz @ Rs. 1200/- + TAX
80 GB SATA @ Rs. 1600/- + TAX
DVD RW Lite-on @ Rs. 1300/- + TAX
Cabby + Default SMPS ( 400 /450 watts) @ Rs. 1200/- + TAX
15" CRT LG / SAMSUNG@ Rs. 3700/- + TAX
Local Keyboard Mouse @ Rs. 500/- + TAX
UPS Local Brand 1400/- + TAX

TAX Rs. 636/- (4% VAT) Kolkata
Total Rs. 16536/-

Target was Rs. 15k but cant go lower with todays Apps... it will be able to Run Vista with ease :)... if you are thinking for more use, then doo think of adding a GB RAM and may be a bigger HDD like 160 GB :) and off course a Rs. 1000/- 2.1 Creative skps system :)

A frnd of mine needs to buy a system...now this wud be absolutely no games. hes into research and stuff..(doing Ph. D)...so hes gotta do lotta searching on the internet....and wud be using MS word alot..

the most important is that he will be using Adobe Acrobat aloot and when i say alot, i mean he will be converting nearly 200+ pages from word to pdf or from the internet to pdf. so he wants that it shud be fast..

the budget is strictly 20K for the whole thing...i suggested him to go for AMD. but im a noob in AMD products as im an Intel fan...

if possible kindly tweak the above config so that he can use it for a few years without upgrading.

P.S. the keyboards' gotta be TVSE Gold.

surajramnani2k8

Journeyman
hey guys as u suggested i went for the following config
asus p5n e sli mobo
2*1gb 667mhz ram
xfx geforce 8600gt graphics card
250 gb seagate hard disk
intel c2d e6750
hows the config??

Status
Not open for further replies.