Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pathik

Google Bot
@aravind and choto is the msi k9ngm3 available anywhere in ur area?? rate??
and how is this integrated solution???
*www.intel.com/products/motherboard/D201GLY/index.htm

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Can any one please update me on the latest prices of E6750 and XFX 650i

Last edited:

tym_s_precs

Right off the assembly line
@choto

dude amd is going to launch its quad core phenom processors this month,so if somone bys an am2 based sys today,woudnt he b stuck with it?I know that the prosrs are going to be backward compatible,but you buy a sports car to run it at full throttle,right?:confused:

there are socket am2+ mobos already in the market with biostar and asus,why dont you suggest them?:confused:

and besides and is not 2 years behind,they are more than 2 years behind intel...why? look et the names of the archtecture itself...from k8 they jumped straight to k10 now...intel has been giving amd a hard time,and I dont see value in choosing an amd based sys at this point of time.grab a oc mobo and 2140,you can out do all amd anyday for six months.....

and regarding tft panels.... acer is a cheao altrnativ to view sonic....you get a 17" wide acer diaplay at 7500,which I think is a better buy than 17" 4x3 viewsonic.:D

but any way you have done an excellant job by putting in place the first post in this thred,now just keep it updated:!:

one more thing... for latest prices you can also log on to *priceguru.in

regards,
tym_s_precs:D

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@pathiks

MSI K9AGM3 is Rs. 3500 quoted over telephone :p so available but not sure of the prices....

Intel D201 are SiS based option, as for office use it was fine with Intel Pentium HT the 6x1 processors and Intel Pentium D... how ever as u know without OC, not good when u consider E2140 and C2Ds :(

@tym_s_precs

there are socket am2+ mobos already in the market with biostar and asus,why dont you suggest them?

Socket AM2+ is a mid migration from Socket AM2 to Socket AM3 and is fully compatible with Socket AM2, so processors designed for Socket AM2 will work on Socket AM2+ motherboards and vice versa.

and besides and is not 2 years behind,they are more than 2 years behind intel...why? look et the names of the archtecture itself...from k8 they jumped straight to k10 now...intel has been giving amd a hard time,and I dont see value in choosing an amd based sys at this point of time.grab a oc mobo and 2140,you can out do all amd anyday for six months.....

Not all would like to OC... but then again we have our personal opinion :D so its neither up to me or u to actually force some one to buy some thing...

Point noted, I would try to provide a Intel based counter part for certain category...

now problem is, under Intel E2140 is certainly a great processor, how ever te board or rather the cheapest board that comes to the mind is XFX 650i + XFX 8400 GS, now same performance can b obtained from X2 4000 + M2NPV-VM or M2A VM / MSI K9AGM3

mind you in case of AMD 4000, that too is a hell of a OverClocker so performance jump can be expected from that one too...

I would request, stick around, and please provide your views with a full config a prices, when some one would request a certain budget system !!!

and regarding tft panels.... acer is a cheao altrnativ to view sonic....you get a 17" wide acer diaplay at 7500,which I think is a better buy than 17" 4x3 viewsonic.

Detailed information would be really helpfull, please provide some with price and source of the price too :D

but any way you have done an excellant job by putting in place the first post in this thred,now just keep it updated

Thnx or the comment !! :D

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
@ chota..

first of all u did a splendid job in the first post..

now it lokks neat and tidy ...

very well done ..

u are the "ONE" (perfect avatar to denote u ) :-D

please do update it regularly ...
and also please do put up a big title at the start of the first post denoting when itwas updated...

anyway well done

blackpearl

The Devil
DVD Writer Query

Which DVD writer manufacturers provide DVD RW with the SATA interface, apart from ASUS? Are Sony and Liteon DVD RW drives available with SATA interface?

sonu1983

Broken In
guys need litle help..upgradin comp..need prices and suggestions..
AMD 4800+
biostar A690G
160gb seagate sata
lite on dvd writer
2gb 667 trans ram
8600GT OC card.
now am confused with the cabinet..i need to buy a different PSU right..so wat do i go for..i have no idea..how much would a cabinet + PSU cost me..plz teme tat..i dont need an expensive PSU..so 400W would do :D..thanks in advance..waitin for ur replies

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@sonu1983

Try and change from BIOSTAR A690G to MSI K9AGM2 (2450/-) or the new MSI K9AGM3...

There are just 200 Rs. differnce between a 800 MHz and 667 MHz 1 GB stick...

Cooler Master eXtreme 600 watts would cost you Rs. 3200/- + TAX
PowerSafe / ColorSit / Zebronics 500 Watts would be around Rs. 1500/- (more or less)
In Kolkata with a large local cabinet is Rs. 800 - 850/- a smaller compact one s 700-750/-... usually with a Large cabinet + 500 Wattts Zebronics / PowerSafe / ColorSit costs around Rs. 2000/- to 2200/- :)

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
MSI K9A GM2 has only two mem slots and the chipset heatsink is very small. Its a very cheap and thereby low quality mobo for budget conscious people who want 690G mobo.

And as chotto said, goin for 800Mhz mem makes more sense and ull get better performance in games.

@sonu1983
I wud suggest u to go for ASUS M2A VM. It has gud features and fairly decent price fo 3.2k. It has ample choice for overclocking too.
M2A VM HDMI costs more!
For better future proof for upgradibility and overclocking, ull need at least a 500W gud PSU.
A choice will be Zebronics 500W Platinum for 1.8k. Its gud nd stable enuf compared with other gud 500W PSU[but higher prices].

upendra_gp

In the zone
Please ChotoCheeta suggest me a CPU upgrade(dubba upgrade). I have a budget of 20-25k.
I am going ro use it for mpeg 4 encoding ,watching HD movies ,Gaming etc.
I want
160 GB HDD
2 GB RAM

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@upendra_gp

Do you have any DVD RW from the older config of urs as if yes, you can fit this bellow config...

Intel C2D E6750 @ Rs. 7800 /- + TAX
XFX 650i Ultra @ Rs. 4600 /- + TAX
2 GB DDR-II 800 MHz @ Rs. 2650 /- + TAX
XFX 8600 GT GDDR3 256MB @ Rs. 5500 /- + TAX
250 GB SATA-II 16mb Buffer @ Rs. 2600 /- + TAX
Large Welventilated Cabinet with ColorSit / PowerSafe / Zebronics 500 watts @ Rs. 2200 /- + TAX

TAX @ 4% VAT Rs. 1014 /-

Total 26364 /-

Now please make your mind, if its a over all system system then yeah 8600 GT is one least product to get... it will allow decent gaming under that budget....

now if it has to be a full time gaming system then you have to think of AMD X2 range system with 8800 GT which is Rs. 14000/- !!!

now if u will primarilly enocde with softwae like adobe premire pro, u will need more ram, 2 GB wont be enough when doing full time Encoding and video editing !!!

@Harvik780

I dont have any huge idea of the GPU cooling section... for my need :p I cut a whole in the caby :p fit a 120mm external powered FAN :lol: to do my job :lol: but yeah, having said that, I have heard good things about, ThermalRight HR 03 / HR 03 Plus but then again I have dbout that it wont work with 8600 GT...

so, read here also,

There are countless after-market VGA coolers available today and many of them fail to provide any improvements over the standard coolers, serving more purpose as decorations rather than real cooling solutions.

source

So may be ThermalRight V-1 Ultra would fit in to the 8600 :)

Last edited:

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
hey guys can you help me for this??

i want the configuration for an INTEL budget gaming PC... with monitor...

in 30 k max.. any ideas?... will i be able to stick in a 8800 GT?

heres what i wont need : UPS, Keyboard, Mouse, Cabinet, PSU, Sound System, Xtra Sound Card

I will need a Will-Do Joypad with Force Feedback...

I have a cheapo 6200 tc with me and am ready to use for a month or two if GFX card prices are about to fall..

I wont go for AMD as availability is a question here... please do not enquire more on this..
it should be strictly Intel... :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom