Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@keith_j_snyder2

The Price of 8800 GT is around Rs. 14000/- + TAX in Kolkata... I have not yet bargained my self, its quoted over telephone !!!!

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
dantool said:
oh...if i put would that stop working?
i've got 512 ddr and want to upgrade to 1 GB.

you cant fit in a DDR2 RAM in a DDR1 slot...

DDR-I is a 184 pin slot where as DDR-II is 240 pin slot, so u cnt fit a DDR1 ram in DDR-II slot or vice versa...

even if you try :p iether it will damage the motherboard or the RAM...

thnx...

Pathik

Google Bot
dantool said:
oh...if i put would that stop working?
i've got 512 ddr and want to upgrade to 1 GB.
it wont even fit in.. unless u break it..

bikdel said:
hey guys can you help me for this??

i want the configuration for an INTEL budget gaming PC... with monitor...

in 30 k max.. any ideas?... will i be able to stick in a 8800 GT?

heres what i wont need : UPS, Keyboard, Mouse, Cabinet, PSU, Sound System, Xtra Sound Card

I will need a Will-Do Joypad with Force Feedback...

I have a cheapo 6200 tc with me and am ready to use for a month or two if GFX card prices are about to fall..

I wont go for AMD as availability is a question here... please do not enquire more on this..
it should be strictly Intel... :))
Maybe.. try to get the 8800gt for 13k.. then get a xfx 650i ultra + a e6750 for 12.4k..and get 2*1gb ddr2 800mhz ram for 2.4k and a 250gb sata2 for 2.6k.. 30.5k..

Last edited:

sonu1983

Broken In
thanks @chota cheeta and @aravind..
hmm i think i will go for the asus motherboard..sounds beter..but does it have a beter sound output.

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
pathiks said:
it wont even fit in.. unless u break it..

Maybe.. try to get the 8800gt for 13k.. then get a xfx 650i ultra + a e6750 for 12.4k..and get 2*1gb ddr2 800mhz ram for 2.4k and a 250gb sata2 for 2.6k.. 30.5k..

no monitor ryt?... i guess the mudget should increase to 40 K with monitor.....

ACTUALLY i was talking of BUDGET gaming PC in 30 k ... not all bells-and-whistles gaming PC.. :p

~It_is_Andrew~

Journeyman
I am planning on a pc upgrade....

Current config: Currently I have an pretty basic machine, more than 4 years old & passed through many excruciating tortures.......

P4 1.7GHz
Mercury mobo - KOB P4M266 NDFSMx
512(256x2) MB SDRAM
40GB Samsung HDD
SAMTRON 14" Monitor
DVDROM,CD-WRT,DVD-WRT etc

Budget: My ideal budget is around 12K, willing to go up to 16K - not really eager to go more than that but may need to......

Usages: Nowadays mainly for lots of surfing, downloading, little level of mutimedia editing but lots of heavy IDE's running, occasional gaming - hopefully newer games etc....
Expected really long uptimes & dusty environment.

Planning on upgrading Processor,MOBO,RAM & HDD, cabinet viz. SMPS
Probably no separate Graphics card for budget constraints.

Few points: :
* I know currently intel core2duo is recommended than amd series but i don't think i can go for any decent core2duo processor with considerable performance at that budget - unless someone specifies otherwise (considering I don't a bottleneck with low grade mobo/ram)
from last months digit's comparison maybe asus m2a vm & amd athlon 64 x2 5600?

* For HDD I'm thinking about 250GB 7200 rpm seagate.

* For RAM I'm thinking about 2GB DDR2 800MHz

So should i upgrade now? I dont want to stress more on the old one as I'm afraid it might pass out any month ,
Fellow digit members Please suggest me few configurations with approx prices, Please point out whats best for this situation than what I'm planning on....:)

Regards,

~It_is_Andrew~

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
^^^ Homie....if it is budget PC then it gotta be none other than AMD....no point of buying INTEL low end pross.

If u still wanna know something then check out the first page of this thread....which is updated every second!

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@~It_is_Andrew~

Rs. 16k for the CPU

You can use these bellow parts from you previous config...

SAMTRON 14" Monitor
DVDROM,CD-WRT,DVD-WRT
Old Cabinet

Aslo for that 40 GB, take a look at this

AMD X2 5000 @ Rs. 4900 /- + TAX
M2A-VM @ Rs. 3200 /- + TAX
2 GB DDR-II 667 MHz Transcend / Kingstone @ Rs. 2450 /- + TAX
250 GB SATA-II 16mb buffer @ Rs. 2600 /- + TAX
ColorSit 450 Watts @ Rs. 570 /- + TAX

TAX @ 4% VAT Rs. 548.8 /-

Total Rs. 14268.8 /-

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
@choto
is it really true??!! 8800 GT for 14 K + tax?? thts a steal.
8800GTS was priced at 21K when launched in India.
now one can get 8800GTX performance in such a low price.
plz can u give me the contact no./ address of ur dealer?
and also i wanna sell my previous card. ny shop info where i can get my card to be sold? and also how much shud i expect for the card (7900 GT)?

~It_is_Andrew~

Journeyman
@Choto Cheeta

Thanks for the reply :)

I will keep the old cpu as it is so I'll also have to buy a cabinet.

I still have a few confusion.......
1)If I want to improve on the processor which is the best option for me from AMD X2 5000 to 5600 from value & performace pov. (5600 is the lowest one is that series with 2mb L2 cache i guess?)

2)The M2A VM is good or is there any other better option available for minimal increase of budget?

3) Whats the price of 2GB DDR2 800 Mhz these days?

4) Is colorsit good? I heard different opinions. I do attach lots of usb peripherals.
if i go for higher processor up to 5600 will the 450 watts be enough?
( As i never used the newer sata devices, whats with the issue of 'availability of sata cable in smps'?? )

lots of silly questions maybe.........
Thanx again.....

Last edited:

upendra_gp

In the zone
Choto u suggested me this config
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=651678&postcount=1018
For some reason there is change in the budget so I want you to fit it in 20k keeping 2GB RAM,160GB HDD .
I was thinking of getting an AMD 5000+(Black edition) or 6000+ board-proccy combo. What do you think of this? And I have old DVD-Writer.
And i will be ripping my entire dvd collection on a harddisk using x264.I will be doing DVD ripping in short with x264. And I will be playing games like Crysis etc.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom