Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Dear friend...for playing crisis....woooooffff!
Even 8800 GTS 320 MB is also crying.....and its just demo....haven't seen the full version but this will give an idea of almost 95% about what exactly the game will be!
U can easily run on lower settings but that will not be fun enough!
My suggestion is to get an 8800 GT to play crisis!

skippednote

M3TAL H3AD M3
hey cheetah i saw u hve mentioned m2a vm in mid range performer in just c.p.u part and m2apv vm in budget gaming
does this mean m2a vm is some how better than m2apv vm

~It_is_Andrew~

Journeyman
~It_is_Andrew~ said:
I still have a few confusion.......
1)If I want to improve on the processor which is the best option for me from AMD X2 5000 to 5600 from value & performace pov. (5600 is the lowest one is that series with 2mb L2 cache i guess?)

2)The M2A VM is good or is there any other better option available for minimal increase of budget?

3) Whats the price of 2GB DDR2 800 Mhz these days?

4) Is colorsit good? I heard different opinions. I do attach lots of usb peripherals.
if i go for higher processor up to 5600 will the 450 watts be enough?
( As i never used the newer sata devices, whats with the issue of 'availability of sata cable in smps'?? )

lots of silly questions maybe.........
Thanx again.....

come on people... please reply! :)

lnkrishnan

Broken In
Folks,

I know this is probably a wrong forum to post my question for information, but hoping for some luck here...

I had assembled an AMD Athlon 3200+ based system 2 years back. At that time, I had bought the ASUS A7N8X VM/400 motherboard, and had gone in for a XFX GeForce 6600GT AGP based graphics card.

Recently, the motherboard stopped working when used in conjunction with the graphics card - the AGP slot stopped working properly; when I try connecting the AGP graphics card, the display does not come. The hardware technician said that the motherboard had gone bad and that a new motherboard needed to be bought.

So, I am on the lookout for an AGP based motherboard, which can take my AMD Athlon 3200+ processor, and preferably has SATA / SATA2 connectors so that I go in for SATA based hard-disks (that my HDDs also conked off is a different story).

Will anyone be able to advise me on what model motherboards I can go in for? Your help / suggestions are greatly appreciated...

arun_chennai

tech mighty
juggler said:
Any motherboard with descent onboard graphics available for Intel platform in less tha 6000 Rs???

Biostar 7050 for 3300rs....very good Graphics & a great VFM.....It also supports Penryn....but the only downside is it doesnt support DUAL CHANNEL RAM.....for 3.3k it is the best...:D

a_k_s_h_a_y said:
guys i wanted a 30k Intel Media PC.. please help out with 19 inch LCD

This is the beat possible config for a edia center PC

CPU -E4500 2.2ghz -04800
MB -Biostar P35 -04200
Graphics -8400GS -02400
HDD -Seagate (250GB SATA) -02600
RAM -Kingston 1024 X 2 (667 Mhz) -01900
Moniter -Viewsonic 1930 -09100
Cabinet -Zebronics Bijili -01500
KB & Mouse -Any -00500
DVD -Sony -01200
TV Tuner -Pinnacle PC TV PCI -02400
Speaker -Altec Lansing 5.1 -03400
====================================================
Total -34000
====================================================
A great HTPC...
U can overclock this baby to atleast 3GHZ.....

pathiks said:
then get the intel dg33bu .. but its not as good..
Absolutely true....G965 uses a better graphics...

Last edited:

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
^^ thanks man.. but that's PC was for a computer newb my dad's friend's son

i will suggest the same.. with a better procy !! and save on cabinet and speakers
they also wanted table iin 30k. lets see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom