Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^^It was for fragrant not for you.
And dude 12k is a decent budget.I suggest you get e4400(~5k) + p5b-VM(~7k).It has onboard graphics.
Better wait for choto cheeta's comment.He will suggest according to your secific need.

Pathik

Google Bot
@tym_s_precs thats y u r getting the xfx 650i ultra... for ocing the e2160.. the e2160 can easily do around 2.4 -2.6ghz on stock cooling..

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@choto are g35 or x38 chipset boards available in india yet...
jaldi bol..

sorry for late reply... cant say about full India but at least here at Kolkata no news :(

@tym_s_precs

Rs. 13000/- including all, ?? like u need Monotor and UPS with a full PC ?? or just looking for the CPU or rather the Dubba :lol: Procy + Mobo + stuff ??

Last edited:

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
tym_s_precs said:
help me decide the cpu,mobo and the graphics card.I can drop the card as i am not a gamer,dont have time for it.
@choto cheeta:
12-13k for only processor+mobo+graphic card(can leave graphic card if mobo has decent onboard graphics).

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@Ravi

thnx for the notification, I suppose tht incudles RAM also isnt it ?? I mean the full CPU apart from any GRFX Card ?? or just Procy + Mobo ??

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
DDR2 Platform Budgt Rs. 13000/- !!!

I would vote for E4400 + BIOSTAR TF7150U-M7 as it should come under Rs. 13k !!! I am not sure about the price of the BIOSTAR board but as they are know to sell chip product, chanses are you may fit in the E6550 also in place of E4400 :lol:

spitfire

Gizmo Freak !
Re: A PC Configuration needed - Budget upto 16k

Processor : AMD X2 4000+ @ 2.8K
Motherboard Asus M2N SE @ 2.8K
Cabinet & SMPS Iball i648 + 400 WATTS bundled SMPS.1.3K
RAM Module 1GB DDR2 Kingston 1.4k
Hard Disk (Not under 160GB, 7200rpm) 200GB HDD @ 2.5K
DVD Writer (Preferably Dual Layer) Sony/LiteOn @ 1.3k
Graphics Card (Optional but definitely preferable) 8500GT/Ati 2400 pro HD 3-5K

Apprx 14-16k

upendra_gp

In the zone

naveen_reloaded said:
Why has the thread renamed and sticky removed?
I was about to ask the same question!

Hey people what should I opt in for C2D E6550/E6600 or AMD 6000+?

shantanu

Technomancer

i guess someone merged the thread in a wrong way.. ! gettign it right :D

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^^

And I thought some on deleted it :(

upendra_gp said:
Hey people what should I opt in for C2D E6550/E6600 or AMD 6000+?

Totally depends on all other aspect :lol: ur needs, budget and stuff :lol: so in one word u say like that :p

so please state ur full budget and needs, more important what would the use for the PC ??

Last edited:

upendra_gp

In the zone
my budget is 25k!
i am going for a DG965RY if intel
2GB 667 Mhz
160GB WD HD
Creative Speakers
etc.
I also wanted to know if i can insert a good DX 10 card to play CRYSIS like game.
i will use for x264 encoding , gaming,watching movies etc.
need just cpu upgrade btw!

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Thanks and nice to see it back.
I thought chota made the change but nothing was there in the first page.anyway nice to see it back.
Yes chota my system config is fixed now.i cant change it.so i have to cope up with it.any how the vista index is awesome.above 5 except my gfx card which is 2.3.
Other than that it rocks.but few months here mo i will build another system for my home.that time this mistake wont happen.
Waiting for it.
Ran roller coaster tycoon 3 and it worked nice.yet to try heavy games and waiting to get 8600 from my friend.

Anyway thanks chota.without yöü and devil and others i wouldn have known all these stuffs .continue your work mate.

Off topic.
Why have yöü written sad under your pic? And also found that every effort into drain...something like that in signature?

tym_s_precs

Right off the assembly line
@chotu cheeta.... dude my budget of 12000-13000 is for cpu gfx and mobo only.here goes the rest of the config.
ram 2x1gb transcend
hdd 250 gb wd cavaier(or whatever it is called)...
lite on dvd writer.(20x,dealer told its lite scribe,but i dont think it matters)
zebronics lava case with psu...
logithech combo
cannon mp 160 printer
600 va ups(Idont know which brand,dealer told he wd give one year waranty)
headphone from intex(full ear type)
sync master 798mb plus crt

everything for rs 19000@my local dealer:D

now the combos at the dealer were spooky so decided to hit the forum and then decide what to buy
asus 8600 gt was retailing at 7000,c2d e 4500 for 5200,dg33bu intel for 5750...
I thought these are steep prices to pay,
he peddled x2 4000+ cpu and a gigabyte 6100 based mobo for 6000 :cool:
which i thought was decent buy but didnt fit my performance requirements.besides he didnt had a stock of other haigh end amd cpus,so I have to go to nehru place someday...
the guy told me not to go for any other brand other than asus or gigabyte as warranty and services of these cos are good.

now at 13000,my requirements are to run
maya,photoshop,vb.net programming,java prog,oracle 8i,and other software related to my course and some gaming and multimedia wont hurt
...I prefer fps games(usually play demos,thats it),and rally \ car racing games...

so now you have complete details,please suggest me something decent.Idont want to open the "dabba" for next three years...:p

buy the way,if I can find someone selling his 8600 gt then I might consider getting xfx 650i and c2d 6550... but it depends...
wht you think guys?

Last edited:
^hmmmm... AMD 4000+ NVIDIA 6100 based mobo for 6k is nt resonable .....

i bought 3600+ with Gigabyte (same chipset) for 5k 3 months ago (From SMC Nehru place)....if u r going to NP .. then check out the rates for ur full config at SMC and Computer Empire. And for 13k u shld look for 4000+/4400+ with 8600 GT and Nvidia 6150/AMD 690 G based moboards. Dnt even think bout 6100 chipset coz it only has 2 ramslots which will hinder ur future MEMORY upgrades.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Off topic.
Why have yöü written sad under your pic? And also found that every effort into drain...something like that in signature?

The thread was no where to be found :lol: so was in sad mood thought it was deleted :(

Thanks and nice to see it back.
I thought chota made the change but nothing was there in the first page.anyway nice to see it back.

it takes time to make a new compilation !!! so please wait as I am getting all prices right :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom