Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.
my cabby died to day :)), power button failed, tried to open top cover to check what went wrong, I broke open it(its a crap iball handle type cabby), found micro-switch has failed, so temporarily used reset switch for that,
so please suggest me cheap yet spacious cabinets and a better built quality please 3-4 models in and around 1000-1500k, i have use this system till it does not die its natural death, with my proposed new system-*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123835

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Get Zebronics Bijli cabby - without smps you should be able to get this around 1.1K :p

---------- Post added at 06:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 AM ----------

I wanna buy Seasonic S12II 380W for my bro if it is for Rs.2.5K/- and comes with 5 year warranty.....:-D

better than Gigabyte Superb 460W? is it 80% certified? that 5yrs warranty is nice. peace of mind.

^^it's Seasonic 380W I presume 80+ too .....

Gigabyte 460W is a great PSU too, and in reviews it produces 80% and upwards efficiency

Guys here is the model number and link :

S12II-380Bronze(SS-380GB Active PFC) - it's 80 plus bronze certified

It has 3 years of warranty.

And the +12V rail rating is 27A and comes with one 6 pin gfx card connector and the 460W model comes with both 6 pin and 8 pin gfx card connector :p

Here are the main features :

80PLUS® Bronze Certified High Efficiency
Highly Reliable 105℃ Japanese Brand Capacitor
Ample +12V Outputs
Active Power Factor Correction [99% PF Typical]
Double Forward Converter Design
Smart & Silent Fan Control [S2FC]
12cm Ball Bearing Cooling Fan
Soft-Mount Rubber Cushions
Universal Video Card Support
All-in-One DC Cabling Design
Patented Easy Swap Connector
Universal AC Input [Full Range]
Ultra Ventilation [Honeycomb Structure]
3 Year Warranty

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
S12II-380Bronze(SS-380GB Active PFC) - it's 80 plus bronze certified

It has 3 years of warranty.

Thought it has 5 year warranty cos saw on the TE forum and at primeabgb.....:(
Yesterday went to Tirupati Kolkata but unfortunately they said that they are not selling that PSU any more.....:(
BTW,do u know who sell that PSU at that price(Rs.2.5K-2.7K) except Tirurati in Kolkata?
Please no online!

sabret00the

Youngling
I'm looking for a 15.6" notebook which will cost me around 30K inclusive of all. It should have the following:
Core2Duo / Core i3 proc
2GB/3GB DDR3 ram
320GB HDD
Intel X4500 MHD graphics
keyboard with numpad
webcam, bluetooth and wifi
Free DOS / Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

I have shortlisted a few laptops as listed below:

Lenovo Value Line G550 295894Q - Free DOS - 29K (incl. all)
Dell Inspiron 1564 Laptop - Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit , backpack and shipping (no Complete Cover) - 35K (incl. all)
Dell Inspiron 1545 Laptop - Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit , backpack and shipping (no Complete Cover) - 36.5K (incl. all)
Acer Aspire 5738 - 32.5K (incl. all)

Any idea on the availability of Lenovo Value Line G560 and it's price in India?
I would appreciate you guys can tell me which one to choose from the above or if there is any other model that you think would be better than the ones mentioned above. I dont have any brand preference as long as the product is good and has all the requirements mentioned above.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
ok that looks cool, even I had it in my mind, how is the interior quality, hope no sharp edges.

i myself not own 1 yet, but from reviews, only sharp edge is in the PSU mounting area which may give u a few cuts. looks cool even without any LED fans. only negative point is, its nt toolfree.

^ what about 334 one, as I want use it after my present rig dies and replace it with amd cpu+amd chipset on board gpu board,however on its site it says of some restrictions of height for cpu cooler and gfx length and height, if it is admissible for normal mid range type rig then I would get it;-):)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^ what about 334 one, as I want use it after my present rig dies and replace it with amd cpu+amd chipset on board gpu board,however on its site it says of some restrictions of height for cpu cooler and gfx length and height, if it is admissible for normal mid range type rig then I would get it;-):)

Elite 334 wil cost in excess of 2k. ask krow abt 334. he know abt it much better. & as for gfx & hsf, HD58*0 should fit as cabby is spacy. but hsf may create problem if u choose the large 1s like Thor's Hammer for example.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
thanks top gear, is it still available, anyways any other better models would be better,

It's available in techshop.in and now it's 2.9K but actual market price on the shops may be a little less :p

Thought it has 5 year warranty cos saw on the TE forum and at primeabgb.....:(
Yesterday went to Tirupati Kolkata but unfortunately they said that they are not selling that PSU any more.....:(
BTW,do u know who sell that PSU at that price(Rs.2.5K-2.7K) except Tirurati in Kolkata?
Please no online!

It has 3 yeras warranty as written on data-sheet :p

No buddy - you can get it by only ordering online as Tirupati guys told you it's not available is veryu little chance you could find it in any shop - search in the big shops and ou can also try asking thunder02.dragon.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@ karanTH85 - here's some alternative for you :p

Seasonic 380W around 2.5-2.77K
Seasonic 430W around Rs. 3.5-37K

gr8....i had an impression dat a minimum 500W PSU is needed for my config...but
if seasonic 430W or Gigabyte 460W can handle my config then its well & gud....:mrgreen:

kapilgupta

Right off the assembly line
I want to purchase a laptop around 30k. this will be used for programming and a little gaming. plz suggest a good model. thanks in advance.*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

amitjha

Broken In
hey guys.. need some suggestions.. i have to upgrade my pc and hav allocated a budget of 15000 bucks for it. I need to buy following parts:
1] mobo (should support pentium D processor as am not changing d cpu)
2] GFX card (gud enough to play cod4:modern warfare 2 at decent resolution)
3] RAM (enough to support games lyk cod4 and other heavy applications)
4] HDD (500gb wud be enough for me i suppose)

My primary concern is that i shud be as future proof as possible, so want to go for ddr3 ram and GFX card wid atleast 1gb of DDR3 memory, but dont know if this will fit in my budget. So please help me out and suggest something, also if u cud suggest a gud shop in nehru place,delhi, it wud really help me a lot.
Thanks in advance to all those who reply.

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
You need a LGA775 pin based mobo for your dual core processor and these boards supports only C2D and Core2Quad processors, not the latest Core i7/i5 processors. So you need a DDR3 based system so that you can at lease upgrade the ram in future.
Here goes your suggestion:

Motherboard: GA-G41MT-ES2L 2 DDR3 1333 MHz, 1 X16, 1 X1, 2 PCI slot @ 3.3k (Deltapage.com)
RAM:
Corsair 4GB DDR3 1600MHz C9 Titanium @ 5.8k
MSI HD5770 1GB GDDR5 @ 9.6k if you badly want Dx11 or XFX HD4870 1GB GDDR5 @ 9.4k

But let us know what PSU u r having. If you have local PSU, then you may need to go for a good PSU like Gigabyte 80 Plus Active PFC 460W @ 2.2k

Artemis

The Last Puff
Am planning to buy a 25k budget PC, will be using for internet, office work, will be using Win7 Professional on it and need some future proofing and some moderate gaming, nothing more than warcraft or CS...

AMD X4 620 based system is preferred...
Any suggestions??

madhunandyala

Right off the assembly line
Hello ,

I am Madhu, a Post graduate student in VLSI Design. I am a new reader of Digit. I was come across this mail ID in the january edition . Thank you for providing our products in your style....

Here is a problem i am facing with my PC. My PC configuration is as follows.

AMD Phenom X3 8650 2.3 GHzs processor,
ASUS M3N78-EM motherboard,
2GB DDR2 ZION hynex RAM,
160 GB Seagatte HDD,
BSNL Data One Broadband Internet Service,
ASUS VH192 19" monitor.

I am using the PC with MS Windows XP SP2 Operating System. While start up my system is very slow and after booting it takes time to connect to internet and also it requires more time for opening any application like media player, Nero etc. In fact it takes some time to settle, then only any application can be opened otherwise it gets hung. As i am having a triple core processor i am excepting the system to run faster than my earlier dual core processor(AMD only), where its not happening. I heard that the triple core of AMD is a flap,will you clarify on that please. I am playing Max Payne 2 game on the system which is working very slow while it is working pretty good on a Acer lappie which is having Intel Core 2 Duo processor. please help in sorting out the issue.

Will a transition to the following config makes my system better.?????

AMD Athlon II X2 245
ASUS or Gigabyte Suitable motherboard

I am having a problem with my monitor also. A shade running from bottom to up continuously. I am using Iball speakers. is that the speakers effecting the monitor. I switched off the speakers and checked the problem remained same. I taken it to the service center and its working fine there....and i do not know what to do?????

Please help me in speeding up my system and solve my monitors problem. please reply me as soon as possible. Thank you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom