Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkey

Padawan
Most of the retailers have pulled off H67/P67 Mobos from the shelf. I couldn't find them on some online sites (both Indian and International) which were otherwise listed just few days back. I think its better to avoid these MoBo for the time being.

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
Theres nothing wrong with the processors,the problem is with the chipset,that to with the sata chipset.
as the time goes by the sata ships performance diminishes with time and at the later stage it just goes dead.
if u are already having p67 and h67 chipset u can do following to save some time on the motherboard till the replacements arrive....as the replacements will not come untill april~may (2~3 months).
u can do following things to prevent save sata burnups:
1. CONNECT UR MOSTLY USED DEVICES SUCH AS HARD DRIVE TO SATA 6GBPS PORTS AS THERE IS NO PROBLEM WITH THEM.
2.CONNECT UR MOSTLY USED DEVICES SUCH AS HARD DRIVE TO THIRD PARTY SATA 3GBPS PORTS AS THEY ARE THIRD PARTY CHIPSET.(although some motherboard dont have third party sata chipset.)
3.CONNECT UR RARELY USED DEVICES SUCH AS DVD-DRIVE TO SATA 3GBPS PORTS AS IT WILL NOT CREATE A PROBLEM AS THEY ARE RARELY USED AS COMPARED TO HARD DRIVES.IF U USE FREQUENTLY THEN CONNECT IT TO ABOVE MENTIONED PORTS IN 1. & 2.
(DO STRICLY REFER TO MOTHERBOARDS USER MANUAL BEFORE APPLYING CHANGES)
(And sorry for my bold letters,its essential for some people to understand whats written and keep that in mind when doing the changes)
This is just the remedy if u have already purchased the p67 or h67 chipset,if u have not purchased and plan to do so my opinion is to wait till the issue gets sorted out.
Thank You.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Man ! you were robbed.

a 800Mhz DDR2 2GB module from Transcend/Kingston is priced at Rs. ~1.7k - so thers' no way a 667Mhz DDr2 1GB could be that much costlier.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Should be of a good make. Prime deals with all the good brands like corsair, seasonic, antec etc, so they must be fitting those.

Its really a good step forward. In india, its very good to have such options like we they have in the west like "falcon" and so on.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
^^
They not mentioned the PSU make, even if customizing.

I have seen the demo & the Cabby were looking like alienware.

& they have all types of setups from HTPC to Mid-End to High End.

they have a HTPC (mini cabby) with HD5XXX installed (dnt remeber the exact models)

and other setups were havinfg GTX5XX & HD6XXX cards.....:mrgreen:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ If i am not wrong, they are also giving the NZXT Phantom in one of their gaming rigs.

There should be more options in gpu's like gtx 570, 6970 and 6950.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
^^ If i am not wrong, they are also giving the NZXT Phantom in one of their gaming rigs.

There should be more options in gpu's like gtx 570, 6970 and 6950.

Yup they are...& there are lots of options to chose :-D
after all it'll be ur choice of card,proccy etc :youwish::hyper:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Guys Cilus has a querry.
Have any of you had experiance of buying from Bitfang.com or any communication with them?

thanks for posting the question. i am also looking for the answer as a couple of deals have caught my eye but i really don't know whether they are reliable or not. waiting for the answer.

tkin

Back to school!!
thanks for posting the question. i am also looking for the answer as a couple of deals have caught my eye but i really don't know whether they are reliable or not. waiting for the answer.
They are advertising on CHIP magazine in the price update section, so they are real, but no idea about trustworthiness or about whether they are parallel importers or not.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
^^nope...not of any kind
what happened?

actually he wants ecs mobo and its available only with them. He wanted to know whether they are reliable.
Ecs one because he is on budget but he will crossfire his 6870 later. He has already got a 1090t. Waiting for a mobo.
His previous giga had sata prob due to long 6870.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
They are advertising on CHIP magazine in the price update section, so they are real, but no idea about trustworthiness or about whether they are parallel importers or not.

actually this is the deal is what i am looking for:-
ASUS MS246H 24in. LCD Monitor - only at BitFang.com

how is it?

venram87700

Learnin in progress
Guys abt the BRAG PC i had recently gone to the IT EXPO at BKC in mumbai and saw their promotional rig at the stall ....
awesome experience .. they had a 3d gaming pc even b4 alienware came up with it in india.... I even tried playing on that system it was a cool experience playing Arkham Asylum on 3d gaming pc wearing those 3d glasses :mrgreen: ..

any ways lets come to my point i know that some one may already have asked in the previous threads bt i need help in building my own new pc
i hav a budget of about 40 - 45 k
i need the pc for gaming (CoD, FIFA, NFS, CRYSIS etc)
i also run networking simulation software like GNS3... which actually uses up the ram on my current pc
the current config i have is
P 4 3.0 ghz
2.00 gb ram
256 mb NVIDIA GeFORCE 7100 GS
80 gb sata seagate hdd + 160 Gb WD hdd
sony dvd writer
17'' LG CRT Monitor

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
AMD Phenom II 1055T @ 8.5k
Gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H @ 4.5k
Corsair 4GB DDR3 1333MHz @ 2.3k
Seagate 500GB @ 1.7k
MSI HD 6950 1GB @ 15.5k
CM Elite 310 @ 1.5k
Corsair VX450W @ 3.5k
Benq G2220HD @ 7.3k
Total 44.8k

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
v, don't you think Sandy Bridge will be a better choice? Their refined motherboards are also gonna hit the market pretty soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom