Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
I doubt any board will support out of the box 1600 Mhz. You could get any. This should not be a factor.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Thanks to all for the input !
i have purchased the config,sorry to say, but the prices in the market were a little high..
as i was going out of budgt,i had to go for 945 instead of 1055
amx phenom x4 945 + GA-880GMA-UD2H = 12400 :|
ram ddr3 kingston = 2800
W.D 500gb - 1900
cab + psu (zebronics cab + zebrncs 500w) - 3500
samsung b2230 - 8100
lg 24x dvd - 900
MSI hd6850 - 12400 :|
total 42000 !
i was going for samsung 2030 to keep the things in budgt , but at the last moment ,dad went crazy and gotthe samsung 2230 ! :D
one question now, my cab has 1+2 fans for cooling , 1 X 12 cm , 2 X 8 cm (on the side)
i have a computer table with a special cabinet typ space for the CPU, i had to place the cabinet inside that space.. it is open from 2 sides, the front and one side(facing the 2 X 8 cm) , rest top bottom rear and the other side is closed. WILL IT SUFFER ANY HEATING PROBLEM ??

but no problm ! will change it if something goes wrong ! :p
i dont need overclocking n all..

congrats for the system but seriously, change that PSU. your system goes off for that PSU. and by chance some parts go bad/burn, companies won't cover these under warranty. you must do the repair with your own cost. and the 1st to go maybe the graphics card. also theres a few fans attached. God care for your system.

^^When there is a problem with PSU just pray to GOD it doesn't take down any other component otherwise you gotta buy not only a new PSU but also other components!!
Thats why getting a good PSU is very important!!

absolutely true. and almost everytime damage done by PSU blowing up results in the parts getting burnt. namely graphics card, hard drive & all those that get power directly from the PSU with no protection.

tkin

Back to school!!
thanks man ! its a wonderfull config !!! OMG
but but , 1 doubt
AMD Phenom? II Processor Model Number and Feature Comparisons
it says 1055 is 125w cpu :(
then i wud need a better mobo :(
no $$ for that
i googled the 95w one , found it .. but , i didnt find it anywhere on the INDIan online stores..
im not sure if they would have this 95w cpu in nehru place :S
You probably won't, these kind of CPUS are hard to find here, that's why I spent months looking for an intel "s" cpu(with low tdp) for my relative and couldn't find any.

On a side note can anyone take a look at this thread and suggest a gaming mouse:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/hardware-q/135675-suggest-gaming-mouse.html

pankaj818283

Broken In
hi i am new hare.
my old pc config is:
intel D946GZIS board
intel pentiun D 820+ 2.8ghz
1gb ddr2
160gb seagate

i want to purchase ATI6870 1GB TWIN FROZER

i have newly purchased NAVTECH CABINATE with side panel transparent
having two fan on transparent panel( one 120mm and one 80 mm)
one fan on back(120 mm)

It has 500W NAVTECH POWER Supply
is it sufficient with my system and new 6870 or i have to purchase a new POWER SUPPLY.???????????????????

PLEASE tELL me.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
your cpu ius just too old and under powered to handle the sheer performance of HD6870 and that PSU you have is not also enough to handle such gfx card.

I would suggest you to sell your current rig and get a complete new rig and for PSu get corsair VX450W @ ~3.8k.

pankaj818283

Broken In
i will buy new mother board and processor but right now i want to purchase graphics card first because i have limited amount of money i will buy gfx first and than other components.

i want to ask navtech500w power supply that came with my new cabinate is sufficient or i have to purchase a new psu for 6870 TWIN FROZER.????????????????

Last edited:

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
No that PSU is not good enough. Get a VX450W as suggested by topgear.

IMO get
Intel i5 2400 @ 9.5k
Intel DH67BL @ 5.7k
Corsair 2GB DDR3 @ 1.2k
Corsair VX 450W @ 3.5k
Total 19.9k (HD6870 TF + VX450W cost 18)

Add another 2GB, and HD 6870 later.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Yes but it will be fine on the VX450W. Your whole PC with HD6870 will not take up more than 350-400W on load.

And eXtreme Power Plus is eXtremely bad. Avoid.

pankaj818283

Broken In
than my 500w will also be sufficient on my system with R6870. if i have to change the power supply than i want to purchase good quality 600w psu with good price point also. because after 6870 i will be looking for AMD1055T X6 with asus 490/890. resale value of psu and graphics cards are very low hats why i want to purchase a good one. please suggest a good one with my future refrence.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
If you want a good PSU then Seasonic S12D 620W @ 5.2k is good.

Also your PSU will definitely won't be able to run your graphic card. No of Watts aren't the most important thing. Build quality matters. Corsair is a fabulous brand while Navtech is not so good.

And the Intel CPU/Mobo I suggested are better than 1055T/890. Also that CPU is 10x better than your current one and its onboard graphics is 5x better than your current one.

pankaj818283

Broken In
thankyou very much for suggestions.

if i upgrade only cpu/mobo than i have to wait for long time to buy a GPUand without GPU i will not be able to play games, thats why i am buying a R6870 and i think coolermaster extreme power 600W will also be sufficient for now. because i m also going to purchase 1TB HDD due to larger size of newer games that i download my current 160gb is also not enough. i am going right or nt.?????

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Like I said Cooler master extreme power is not good. It can blow up your graphic card. I hope you don't want that.

And I think HD6870 will be hugely bottlenecked by Pentium D. Pentium D will struggle to feed the HD6870. Either way you will get low-end gaming, atleast get better performance in every other area if you buy 6870 later. Your choice though.

Last edited:

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Seasonic S12D 620W @ 5.2k
Seasonic S12D 520W @ 4.2k Should be enough if you don't plan on adding a second graphic card (2 cards at the same time.)
Corsair VX550W @ 4.5k
Corsair VX450W @ 3.5k

You should go any cheaper than this but FSP Saga II 500W @ 2k can do the job. Not Recommended.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
:?
The Processor I suggested is better than ANY AMD processor. They have just been launched and are awesome. Just look around the forum, everyone is suggesting sandybridge over AMD.

Its onboard graphic card is also better than AMD's so you will have a better experience until you get your 6870.

pankaj818283

Broken In
do you know about international warrenty products e.g. PSU and graphics card. any brand which has internaional warrenty. i searched a lot but unable to get right info about this. beacause price in USA are lower and much lesser when converting $ to indian rupees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom