Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulsar_swift

Youngling
buddy, i'll just say your heatsink is faulty. temperature is high but normal. sound is not normal. maybe the proccy package was dropped somewhere. so something went loose. so giving such terrible frustrating sound.

with i5s, mobo will cost hell lot + graphics card. added unecessary cost. or Athlon II X4s. cool & light on pocket :p

Sam bhai,

Got the replacement HSF fan from AMD via DOA procedure. The sound is less now, but no impact on the temperatures. And my PC gets shutdown when i hit temparatures of > 47 degress C. I would say splurge the extra money and go for i5, atleast you will have peace of mind. No idea about Athlon II, but 955BE i am disappointed. I have ordered CM Hyper TX3 @ Rs 1400 from PRIMEABGB. I will check the results and report back.

I live in PUNE. Room temp is 32degrees C and processor idles at 41-42degress C. As i hit 48 just by playing FARMVILLE on facebook and windows 7 asks me to check the CPU fan and shutdowns down.

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
I have been cut-off from the gaming and PC world for about 6 months now...
Anyways,
I want to buy new Hardware...all of it..don't have a budget in mind as it depends on the products i wud choose...

I want to know about my options...

RAM : max 4 Gb(DDR2 or DDR3)
CPU : preferably Intel (both core 2 and the i series)
Motherboad: Don't know much(not thinking of 2 GFX cards so, no crossfire or SLI)
Gfx : I want to play all the games at good resolutions..
HDD: 500 GB/1 TB.
PSU: app. for the above config.

I'm trying to build a Gaming PC as u can see...so, extra additions are welcome.
Thanks in advance

P.S. include both medium and high end price options...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
47-48C is very normal low temp, check the bios settings and raise the temp limit to say 70-80C.

maybe he tampered with bios settings. cause default is 75-78degree in AMD boards.

I have been cut-off from the gaming and PC world for about 6 months now...
Anyways,
I want to buy new Hardware...all of it..don't have a budget in mind as it depends on the products i wud choose...

I want to know about my options...

RAM : max 4 Gb(DDR2 or DDR3)
CPU : preferably Intel (both core 2 and the i series)
Motherboad: Don't know much(not thinking of 2 GFX cards so, no crossfire or SLI)
Gfx : I want to play all the games at good resolutions..
HDD: 500 GB/1 TB.
PSU: app. for the above config.

I'm trying to build a Gaming PC as u can see...so, extra additions are welcome.
Thanks in advance

P.S. include both medium and high end price options...

cheap but good:

Athlon II X4 630 2.8GHz
MSI 785G-E53
Transcend 2GB DDR3 1333MHz C9 (2 stick of 2Gb each)
HDD depends on u fully.

now graphics card: Sapphire HD5870 1GB GDDR5 (look for 2Gb cards) or Sapphire HD5850 1GB GDDR5 or MSI HD5770 HAWX 1GB GDDR5 (no bottlenecking stuff).

moderate:

i5 750 + Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2. rest keep everything same.

NP: ram is value ram. not good for OC. if you like OC get performance ram.

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

oops, forgot PSU. well upto HD5850, something like Corsair VX550W should suffix, as you already mentioned, No to multi GPU. however to power HD5870, a liltle more will be needed. Corsair TX650W.

ruturaj3

Journeyman
Can anyone tell me, does this mobo GA-MA785GMT-UD2H; supports DDR2 as well as DDR3.
I will used it with Athlon II X3 435, is it good combo?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Can anyone tell me, does this mobo GA-MA785GMT-UD2H; supports DDR2 as well as DDR3.
I will used it with Athlon II X3 435, is it good combo?

its DDR3 only board (AM3). & the proccy choice is excellent. however i'll suggest go with MSI 785GM E65 or Biostar TA785G3 HD.

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
maybe he tampered with bios settings. cause default is 75-78degree in AMD boards.

cheap but good:

Athlon II X4 630 2.8GHz
MSI 785G-E53
Transcend 2GB DDR3 1333MHz C9 (2 stick of 2Gb each)
HDD depends on u fully.

now graphics card: Sapphire HD5870 1GB GDDR5 (look for 2Gb cards) or Sapphire HD5850 1GB GDDR5 or MSI HD5770 HAWX 1GB GDDR5 (no bottlenecking stuff).

moderate:

i5 750 + Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2. rest keep everything same.

NP: ram is value ram. not good for OC. if you like OC get performance ram.

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

oops, forgot PSU. well upto HD5850, something like Corsair VX550W should suffix, as you already mentioned, No to multi GPU. however to power HD5870, a liltle more will be needed. Corsair TX650W.

Thanks...but i do need to know the prices as well...
Hey, what about the cabinet...It should be big enough with atleast 4 fans...

Are these available i mean the i series and so...

Last edited:

pulsar_swift

Youngling
its DDR3 only board (AM3). & the proccy choice is excellent. however i'll suggest go with MSI 785GM E65 or Biostar TA785G3 HD.

Ya for the mobo stick to GIGABYTE or MSI.

Sam bhai,

There are no temperature settings for auto-shutdown in asus m4a785td-v evo. I think the motherboard is controlling it automatically.

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

For the cabinet, NZXT Gamma. It has provision for installing 2 fans at the top

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

i5 750: ~10k
Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2: 7k

Athlon II X4 630 2.8GHz: 5k
MSI 785G-E53: 5.4k
Transcend 2GB DDR3 1333MHz C9 (2 stick of 2Gb each): 5-6k (price depends on where u buy).

Sapphire HD5870 1GB GDDR5: 23k
Sapphire HD5850 1GB GDDR5: 16k
MSI HD5770 HAWX 1GB GDDR5: 10k+

for cabby, NZXT Gamma @ 2k (1 + 5 fan provision).
NZXT M59 @ 3.8k (2 + 5 fan provision).

and you not need 4-5-6 fans. if u want keep the cabby cool, get some high flow fan. 1 front. 1 back, exhaust. 1 side. enough. or fix the side & rear fan on top.

Sam bhai,

There are no temperature settings for auto-shutdown in asus m4a785td-v evo. I think the motherboard is controlling it automatically

but previously (with the malfunctioning HSF) there was no issue. how this came out suddenly. do 1 thing. clear CMOS & reset everything. if needed do a clean installation of Windows 7.

anish.m2k8

Right off the assembly line
Query about buying a new Laptop...

Basically I want it as a desktop replacement laptop. I would be doing HD Photo editing, using softwares like Maya, 3DS Max along with Photoshop with 3D features. I don't want any graphics issues with these and also want pretty decent speeds. Would do very little gaming ... and would watch HD Movies and do some heavy downloading (so it will be on for a stretch of 12hrs or more on AC). Also will I be needing a 1GB Graphics card or 512MB will do? Also shall I look for Nvidia or be happy with ATI?... And whats the basic difference between Core 2 Duo and Core i3... I want it to be a bit future proof as well...I don't need any OS as I already have a new one lying unused as I had got it for my desktop but it didn't support the 64-bit OS..... My budget is 35K and i have chosen the DELL S541206IN8 ... I have thought of negotiating for the OS with the dealer.
Thanks in advance...!!!

some one please reply.... its urgent.. shall i go for the one i mentioned?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
till you not try impress someone with your Graphics Card OC skills :smile: however HD5770 with 512Mb memory out. try grab one of them if you want a HD5770 for price of HD5750 :razz:

But i will buy the 1GB variant..coz i will upgrade 2 LCD in near future & will play @high resolutions....:smile:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
At higher resolutions yes extra memory is helpful, specially when cranking up the AA/AF. The textures are mapped, rendered, and displayed quicker. RAM is the playing stage for 'data'.

ruturaj3

Journeyman
Athlon II X3 435 2.9GHz With Gigabyte GA-785GMT-USB3 = RS.10,200

is this a good combo?
They didn't told me individual cost, so i m not getting how much they are charging for mobo.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Athlon II X3 435 2.9GHz With Gigabyte GA-785GMT-USB3 = RS.10,200

is this a good combo?
They didn't told me individual cost, so i m not getting how much they are charging for mobo.

Seems decent enough as the mobo would be costly being USB 3.

crackalikeit

Broken In
I am confused between buying a Studio 15 and a Studio XPS 16.

I have a budget of Rs.60000 sans the laptop bag and I'll buy a wireless keyboard+mouse combo later.

With the config given below the price of the Studio 15 is 54,900 and that of the XPS is 59,900.

the 1st component is for the Studio 15 and the 2nd is of the XPS..

Processor
(Studio 15)Intel® Core™ i7-720QM (1.6GHz, 4 Cores/8 Threads, turbo up to 2.8 GHz, 6MB Cache)
(XPS 16) Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor P8700 (2.53GHz/ 1066 FSB/ 3MB Cache)

Operating System
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64bit (English)
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64bit (English)

Memory
4GB (2GBx2) 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM
4GB (2 X 2GB) Dual Channel 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM

Hard Drive
500GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
320GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive

Display
15.6 " 720p WLED (1366x768) Display with TrueLife™
Obsidian Black 15.6 " 1080p WUXGA (1920x1080) WLED Full HD Display w/ 2MP cam

Video Card
512MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570
512MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3670

Optical Drive
Internal 8X DVD+/-RW Combination Drive with dual layer write capabilities
Slot Load 8X DVD + /-RW Drive with double layer write capability

Wireless Network Card
Dell 1520 Wireless-N Card
Intel® WiFi Link 5100 (802.11a/g/n) Half Mini-card

Security Software
McAfee™ Security Center (Multi-Language) - 30-Day Trial Version
McAfee® Security Center™ (Multi-Language) - 30-Day Trial Version

Dell Service: Hardware Maintenance
1 Yr Ltd Hardware Warranty, InHome Service after Remote Diagnosis
1-year XPS Premier Service with 1-year CompleteCover

The main difference is between the processor and the GPU... What do I do? I will use the system for Multimedia development (Premiere, Photoshop, Flash, Autocad, Blender etc). Please Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom