Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
excellent, gimme the component names and prices respectively. I will speak to the local comp dealer.

Athlon II X2 240 2.8GHz @ 2.8k
Biostar TA785G A3+ @ 3.7k or Biostar TA785G3 HD @ 4.3k(worth the extra cost)
1 single stick of A-data DDR3-1333Mhz. should cost 2.8-3k. i mean ~200 bucks cheaper than Transcend.

pulsar_swift

Youngling
Athlon II X2 240 2.8GHz @ 2.8k
Biostar TA785G A3+ @ 3.7k or Biostar TA785G3 HD @ 4.3k(worth the extra cost)
1 single stick of A-data DDR3-1333Mhz. should cost 2.8-3k. i mean ~200 bucks cheaper than Transcend.

Bro i am using a ZEB 400W PSU, no need to replace it ?

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
You don't need to replace PSU until you run a power hungry GPU.
But better PSU is always recommended for better and stable health of your PC and it will save some money taking lesser power compare to other.....

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Bro i am using a ZEB 400W PSU, no need to replace it ?

no need. change only if u thinking of upgrade. i,mean more HDD & maybe graphics card needing external power.

last night my PSU went up. was a Frontech 450W. will get a new one today. iBall 400W as my pc got nothing more than proccy, mobo, 2 HDD, ram & 2 80mm fans.

Piyush

Lanaya
no need. change only if u thinking of upgrade. i,mean more HDD & maybe graphics card needing external power.

last night my PSU went up. was a Frontech 450W. will get a new one today. iBall 400W as my pc got nothing more than proccy, mobo, 2 HDD, ram & 2 80mm fans.
what!!??
its not a bad psu
what happened exactly?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
what!!??
its not a bad psu
what happened exactly?

brought a new cabby for my pc. iBall Mystique, Mini Tower (sisters choice. will give PC to sis after i get new 1). as my PSU, CRAPPY Frontech 450W was working without any issue, i used it. turned pc on. worked. i don't have UPS. last summer blew up.

suddenly the voltage of my place got a bit lower (usual at my place). pc restarted. Mystique got a blue led light, in the form of a line. it slowly glow up. as it glow half blue, a bang sound came & CPU turned off. i turned off PC & unplugged all components. opened up the cabby. PSU was smelling a bit bad. i know its dead. one reason PSU blew up was cause with cabby i got the main power cable. the plug at front is a bit small. so it doesn't fit in socket well. maybe thats the reason. maybe some sort of short circuit occurred.

Athlon II X4 630 2.8GHz @ 5.1k OR AMD Phenom II 955 @ 7.6k
Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H @ 7.5k OR BIOSTAR TA 890GXE OR MSI 790GX-G65
Transcend 2*2GB DDR3 1333MHz C9 @ 5.4k
Corsair VX450W @ 3.8k

Total 1=21,800

Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB @ 4.2k
Cooler Master 690 @ 4.5k
benq g2420 full HD lcd @10.3
LG 22x DVD@1.1k

total 2= Rs21,100

1+2 = 42,900

WHAT DO YOU THINK ?
Do I buy the giga to be future proof for x6 + it also comes with a intergrated gfx card that the biostsar lacks also bio is really hard to find here in my city
or go with the msi and
put the extra money (7 k)into a gfx card seems to be very essential for a gaming rig
I am a gamer (read DOTA,cs,cod,maybe later batman AA) I do intend to go 6 cores in 2 years and i would also upgrade my gfx then if I save some cash now
NOTE : I do intend to get my rig in about a week so please reply fast

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Athlon II X4 630 2.8GHz @ 5.1k OR AMD Phenom II 955 @ 7.6k
Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H @ 7.5k OR BIOSTAR TA 890GXE OR MSI 790GX-G65
Transcend 2*2GB DDR3 1333MHz C9 @ 5.4k
Corsair VX450W @ 3.8k

Total 1=21,800

Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB @ 4.2k
Cooler Master 690 @ 4.5k
benq g2420 full HD lcd @10.3
LG 22x DVD@1.1k

total 2= Rs21,100

1+2 = 42,900

WHAT DO YOU THINK ?
Do I buy the giga to be future proof for x6 + it also comes with a intergrated gfx card that the biostsar lacks also bio is really hard to find here in my city
or go with the msi and
put the extra money (7 k)into a gfx card seems to be very essential for a gaming rig
I am a gamer (read DOTA,cs,cod,maybe later batman AA) I do intend to go 6 cores in 2 years and i would also upgrade my gfx then if I save some cash now
NOTE : I do intend to get my rig in about a week so please reply fast

u gamer? IGP & 24" doesn't mix well. think again. the IGP on 890GX same as 790GX. if gaming on IGP, stick to 20" unless u happy with 5-10FPS or u play only the 2008 & before racing & strategy games.

get the 22" Benq G2220 HD. HD4200 (Biostar TA785G3 HD. support 140W). HDD & ram is ok. for graphics card get HD5750 or HD5670 512Mb minimum.

ok for processor you may get X2 555BE if u want a cheap quadcore (after unlocking). as price is almost same as X4 630. so won't impact your budget in anyway.

X6's or maybe X4's won't need anything more than a Bios update.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i have a question
the nzxt m59 supports only one side panel fan
so can a user add an extra one by any method?

i not think its very much possible. cause the 120mm LED is situated at almost the middle. & theres not much space to add more fan without interfering with the preinstalled fan. if one wish to install more, he will be restricted to 90mm. moreover not more than 1 side fan needed. better fill up the top gaps with fans, as exhaust. cabby can then be pitted against the similarly priced CM 690, both cooling + looks.

Piyush

Lanaya
i not think its very much possible. cause the 120mm LED is situated at almost the middle. & theres not much space to add more fan without interfering with the preinstalled fan. if one wish to install more, he will be restricted to 90mm. moreover not more than 1 side fan needed. better fill up the top gaps with fans, as exhaust. cabby can then be pitted against the similarly priced CM 690, both cooling + looks.

but the difference between the top of the cabby and my table is not more than 5cms
shud i still opt for m59
or shud i go for cm690?

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

HELP

do any1 have any info on the latest cooler master GX series ??

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
but the difference between the top of the cabby and my table is not more than 5cms
shud i still opt for m59
or shud i go for cm690?

690's main strength is its capacity of adding almost as many fans as much as u wish to. M59 is too can add 5 fan (2 fans included) & its damn sexy. may opt for M59 if you want looks + happy with 5 fans. however 690 got superior cable management. my vote M59. everything good. nothing bad or something to complain about :razz:

HELP

do any1 have any info on the latest cooler master GX series ??

with Corsair VX450 & VX550 avl for such killer pricing, why even look towards GX or FX or whatever it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom