Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piyush

Lanaya
690's main strength is its capacity of adding almost as many fans as much as u wish to. M59 is too can add 5 fan (2 fans included) & its damn sexy. may opt for M59 if you want looks + happy with 5 fans. however 690 got superior cable management. my vote M59. everything good. nothing bad or something to complain about :razz:
ok lets w8
i'll tell u later

with Corsair VX450 & VX550 avl for such killer pricing, why even look towards GX or FX or whatever it is.
no dude
its too available around the same price range
and with good specifications too
just give it a try

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
CM690 does not. The back plate helps:
If you use an HSF/CPU water block which needs a back plate, and is reverse bolt down -- so the bolts are nutted from behind the motherboard, and CPU cooler is locked down. Now imagine, if you want to clean this CPU cooling mount. If you have a back plate cut out, you can do it without removing the motherboard. In a CM690, all the equipment will need to be removed, motherboard pulled out, HSF removed. Quite a pain.

Piyush

Lanaya
my friend is going to buy a gaming cpu in summers
budget 40k
i'm tellin him to go for AMD way
but he's urging me to make a core i5 one

please suggest an inte based rig(no need of kb/mouse/monitor/speakers/ups)

my recommendation was like this

AMD phenom II x4 955BE @7.4k
MSI/BIO* 785 based mobo @5k/4.3k
2*2gb ddr3 corsair/XMS/GSkill @ 5.5k
NZXT m59/CM 690 @ 3.8k/4.1k
corsair vx 550 @ 4.7k
hd 5850 @ 16k
what r ur suggestions

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
CM690 does not. The back plate helps:
If you use an HSF/CPU water block which needs a back plate, and is reverse bolt down -- so the bolts are nutted from behind the motherboard, and CPU cooler is locked down. Now imagine, if you want to clean this CPU cooling mount. If you have a back plate cut out, you can do it without removing the motherboard. In a CM690, all the equipment will need to be removed, motherboard pulled out, HSF removed. Quite a pain.

oh, now i getting your point.

budget 40k

corsair vx 550 @ 4.7k
hd 5850 @ 16k
what r ur suggestions

just change proccy to i5 750 & mobo be Intel Original if he not into OC. however your config looks good. better wait for the X4 955 C3 revision, which will be 95W.

prvprv

Journeyman
wanted to buy sparkle 9500GT 512mb. But all shops here are selling crappy 9400GT cards only. what is a better alternative for 9500GT with price not more than 3k or 3.3 k?
This is not for gaming. Only normal work and watching movies.

Athlon II X4 630 2.8GHz @ 5.1k
Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H @ 7.5k
Transcend 2*2GB DDR3 1333MHz C9 @ 5.4k
Corsair VX450W @ 3.8k

Total 1=21,800

Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB @ 4.2k
Cooler Master 690 @ 4.5k
benq g2420 full HD lcd @10.3
LG 22x DVD@1.1k

total 2= Rs21,100

1+2 = 42,900

leaving about 7k as of now for the gfx card which i intend to buy after nvidia brings out its Dx11 cards(I will be following digit closely for that)

Should i get the 550w instead of the 450w as I do not know what gfx i will be getting
But it is not a very high end card going to be more than 10k or so

I am going for the G2420 despite what some have said in the forums because my mom saw it the other day and wants it badly but if I am able to convince her I might go for a 22" lcd but as of now just putting it in just to see how much it comes out to be.

As you can see this can accomadate a phenom x4 965 B.E which is almost 4 k more which means my gfx budget takes a hit since i am going to go 6 cores in about 2 years I think the athalon x4 should suffice or should i go for the AMD Phenom II 955 @ 7.6

I play games like dota and cs(maybe a batman aa later) , but watch a lot of movies

thanks in advance ;-)

Last edited:

anish.m2k8

Right off the assembly line
Query about buying a new Laptop...

Basically I want it as a desktop replacement laptop. I would be doing HD Photo editing, using softwares like Maya, 3DS Max along with Photoshop with 3D features. I don't want any graphics issues with these and also want pretty decent speeds. Would do very little gaming ... and would watch HD Movies and do some heavy downloading (so it will be on for a stretch of 12hrs or more on AC). Also will I be needing a 1GB Graphics card or 512MB will do? Also shall I look for Nvidia or be happy with ATI?... And whats the basic difference between Core 2 Duo and Core i3... I want it to be a bit future proof as well...I don't need any OS as I already have a new one lying unused as I had got it for my desktop but it didn't support the 64-bit OS..... My budget is 35K and i have chosen the DELL S541206IN8 ... I have thought of negotiating for the OS with the dealer.
Thanks in advance...!!!

Its urgent, please help soon...!!!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
wanted to buy sparkle 9500GT 512mb. But all shops here are selling crappy 9400GT cards only. what is a better alternative for 9500GT with price not more than 3k or 3.3 k?
This is not for gaming. Only normal work and watching movies.

ATI HD 4650 512MB GDDR2 ( GDDR3 version are very rare ) brands to look for palit, powercolor or sapphire.

vndprkh.09

Broken In
hey guys plz sugeest me a godd proccy +motherboard +ram combo....on a intel base rig....
My config....
Intel c2d e7500/e8400/q8400(max-8000)
Motherboard preffered brands -gigabyte,asus(max 8000)with agood onboard gfx and sound card
Ram-800 mhz 2gb kingston-2400

Hardrive 320gb western digital blue
Optical drive-1100
Keyboard-500
Cabinet -1500 with 450w good smps

Hey guys the pc will be an extreme use for about 14 months for experiment such as oc,programming,geeking,and some office stuff..
So i am limiting myself to a budget of 23000 as after 14 month it will be of no use until my dad give it one of office staff.

i already have a mouse and ups..

Plz provide ur suggestions (no amd plz)
I m not a gamer but can play basic games for 1-2 hrs and plz suggest me a good mobo for all my decided proccy.

srahul

Broken In
Please let me know whether a Coolermaster Hyper N520 work with AMD Phenom II X2 555 BE .. and whether these will fit in a NZXT Gamma? The motherboard is Asrock M3A 785 GXH/128 M

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
It will work with your CPU and from the specs of the cabby and coooler it looks like that N520 will fit inside Gamma but if can be sure about this before buyting.

pulsar_swift

Youngling
budget 40k

corsair vx 550 @ 4.7k
hd 5850 @ 16k
what r ur suggestions

You friend is correct. Go for i5. I purchased X4 955 BE and i am not a happy man. I still regret why i didn't go for i5. The heatsink on the 955 BE is crappy and it sounds like a jet engine and it is not meant for INDIAN temperatures.

Piyush

Lanaya
You friend is correct. Go for i5. I purchased X4 955 BE and i am not a happy man. I still regret why i didn't go for i5. The heatsink on the 955 BE is crappy and it sounds like a jet engine and it is not meant for INDIAN temperatures.
ok
but where do u live
i mean the city

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

buddy, i'll just say your heatsink is faulty. temperature is high but normal. sound is not normal. maybe the proccy package was dropped somewhere. so something went loose. so giving such terrible frustrating sound.

with i5s, mobo will cost hell lot + graphics card. added unecessary cost. or Athlon II X4s. cool & light on pocket :p

vndprkh.09

Broken In
.......i too stucked with this cheap proccy..+10 ha..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom