Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

saravanrajs

Right off the assembly line
HI,

I bought the following configuration for 22k in Bangalore (S.P Road, pavan computers) on 27/3/2010

Asus M4A785TD-EVO 6.25k
X4 955 BE - 7.7k
2GB 1333Mhz Transend - 2.7k
500GB Seagate - 2.2k
Zebronics Bhijili + PSU (450W) - 2.1k

If i want to buy a good Graphic card (around 3k), which one should i go for ?

-Saravan

*www.apc.com/products/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=SUA1500I&tab=models

am buying this UPS, however it has different type of socket for connection- not desi style, do we have to buy the cables separately or do they provide any- as nothing mentioned of cables as included .

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Those are weird. I tried to find converters could not. The specifications do not show any adapter too.

dilipc

Broken In
guys pls help me out for configuring a new PC>

am basically a Viscom student.

my use of computer will be watching TV(tatasky ) and recording it.mostly and editing purposes.also video editing and viewing..no gaming...please suggest me the following
1)processor (intel one since am using intel for the past 15years and had no problem).AMD also ok.
2)mother board (with onboard audio and video(good quality )and also a better video card.
3)RAM
4)cabinet
5)power supply

budget-15k(negotiable)
already have hard disk(320GB),lcd monitor,dvd writer,KB, mouse,speakers(2.1),UPS,wireless router.running winXP prof.

am in chennai.also recommend the shop to buy and to assemble the PC.

Last edited:

Piyush

Lanaya
guys pls help me out for configuring a new PC>

am basically a Viscom student.

my use of computer will be watching TV(tatasky ) and recording it.mostly and editing purposes.also video editing and viewing..no gaming...please suggest me the following
1)processor (intel one since am using intel for the past 15years and had no problem).AMD also ok.
2)mother board (with onboard audio and video(good quality )and also a better video card.
3)RAM
4)cabinet
5)power supply

budget-10k(negotiable)
already have hard disk(320GB),lcd monitor,dvd writer,KB, mouse,speakers(2.1),UPS,wireless router.running winXP prof.

am in chennai.also recommend the shop to buy and to assemble the PC.

:shock::shock::shock:
10k!!!
it will be really tight man!!
for ur requirement u shud hv at least 15k

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
:shock::shock::shock:
10k!!!
it will be really tight man!!
for ur requirement u shud hv at least 15k

Athlon II X3 425 2.7GHz @ 3.7k
ECS A785GM-M5 @ 3.4k
A-data 2GB DDR2 800MHz @ 1.8k
Zebronics Bijli @ 1.5K ---> comes with 400W PSU. enough for u.

total: 10.4k. should cost less as DDR2 mobo phasing out. as you won't game, sideport memory won't be of much use. stick with a basic 785G board. if you don't get the board i recommended get some other board from Biostar or so.

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

yes can go upto 15k..no problem.

so for 15k, get these:

Athlon II X3 435 2.9GHz @ 4k
Biostar TA785G A3 @ 3.7k
Transcend 2GB DDR3 1333MHz C9 @ 2.9k
Zebronics Bijli @ 1.5K

Total: 12.1k. with rest of money get any HD4650 512Mb card. though you won't require that much of graphics power. if u skip graphics card get 4Gb ram.

dilipc

Broken In
ECS A785GM-M5 @ 3.4k

total: 10.4k. should cost less as DDR2 mobo phasing out. as you won't game, sideport memory won't be of much use. stick with a basic 785G board. if you don't get the board i recommended get some other board from Biostar or so.

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

so for 15k, get these:

Biostar TA785G A3 @ 3.7k
Zebronics Bijli @ 1.5K

Total: 12.1k. with rest of money get any HD4650 512Mb card. though you won't require that much of graphics power. if u skip graphics card get 4Gb ram.

thanks u very much for the reply.

can u suggest me another rband mob like gigabyte or asus for the same processor

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

can i update the config with the same mob in future..

also do i need separate graphic card for the same purpose i quoted..

Last edited:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
i think you don't need a graphic card for your purpose. you will be well covered with onboard graphics. for futureproofing you need to select a mobo supporting 140W proccy atleast. you should focus on a multicore proccy.

Athlon II X4 630 2.8GHz @ 5.1k
Biostar TA785G3 HD @ 4.3k
Corsair TR3X1G-1333 XMS3 C9 3GB Kit @ 4.5k
Zebronics Bijli with psu @ 1.5K

total - 15.4k

anand.dsd

Right off the assembly line
Hello Friends !
i want to buy a new pc for my HTPC purpose genereally watching movies in dolby dts surround sound and occasional gaming. for that i need a good tv tuner , graphics card, sound card that can able to produce 5.1 dolby dts and all that and a decent home theatre system 5.1.

please can any one help me figure out for that 1.entry level budget pc up to 25000/-and 2. mid level budget 30-35000/-. except moniter cause i wanna connect to a lcd tv.

thanx in advance.:smile:

Piyush

Lanaya
ECS A785GM-M5 @ 3.4k

so for 15k, get these:

Biostar TA785G A3 @ 3.7k
Zebronics Bijli @ 1.5K

looks goood
but what about gfx card?
he asked for one
thats why i was unable to recommend anything

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

Hello Friends !
i want to buy a new pc for my HTPC purpose genereally watching movies in dolby dts surround sound and occasional gaming. for that i need a good tv tuner , graphics card, sound card that can able to produce 5.1 dolby dts and all that and a decent home theatre system 5.1.

please can any one help me figure out for that 1.entry level budget pc up to 25000/-and 2. mid level budget 30-35000/-. except moniter cause i wanna connect to a lcd tv.

thanx in advance.:smile:

u want to do same stuff on both the pc's?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i think you don't need a graphic card for your purpose. you will be well covered with onboard graphics. for futureproofing you need to select a mobo supporting 140W proccy atleast. you should focus on a multicore proccy.

Corsair TR3X1G-1333 XMS3 C9 3GB Kit @ 4.5k

total - 15.4k

yup. but 3 X 1Gb DDR3? its not double ch anymore. better 1X 2Gb stick. later add 1 more stick. or 2X 1Gb stick. moreover corsair memory will cost more. 4.5k looks too cheap.

thanks u very much for the reply.

can u suggest me another rband mob like gigabyte or asus for the same processor

can i update the config with the same mob in future..

also do i need separate graphic card for the same purpose i quoted..

gigabyte & Asus will cost lot more & will provide u with features u may never touch.

looks goood
but what about gfx card?
he asked for one
thats why i was unable to recommend anything

for OP, i don't think he needs any graphics card. he won't game also 785G don't SUCK. so, save money. & get better board maybe or even better proccy.

Piyush

Lanaya
yup. but 3 X 1Gb DDR3? its not double ch anymore. better 1X 2Gb stick. later add 1 more stick. or 2X 1Gb stick. moreover corsair memory will cost more. 4.5k looks too cheap.

gigabyte & Asus will cost lot more & will provide u with features u may never touch.

for OP, i don't think he needs any graphics card. he won't game also 785G don't SUCK. so, save money. & get better board maybe or even better proccy.
ok
but is video editing possible on this rig?
i actually dont know about the requirements of video editing

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
ok

video editing benefits from a good multicore processor. IMO he doesn't need a graphic card for this purpose. i have already suggested this to him -

transcend 2 GB DDR3 1333mhz @ 2.7k (later he can add 1 more 2 gb for dual channel)

dilipc

Broken In

ok

video editing benefits from a good multicore processor. IMO he doesn't need a graphic card for this purpose. i have already suggested this to him -

transcend 2 GB DDR3 1333mhz @ 2.7k (later he can add 1 more 2 gb for dual channel)

thanks u everybody for your replies..

i would like to go for a asus or gigabyte mob even it exceeds my budget.
i need a mob which should be a new one and can be updated later for a higher config..

also tell me whether this processor will address my future needs i.e if i add on graphics card ..or should i go for another processor..

Piyush

Lanaya
thanks u everybody for your replies..

i would like to go for a asus or gigabyte mob even it exceeds my budget.
i need a mob which should be a new one and can be updated later for a higher config..

also tell me whether this processor will address my future needs i.e if i add on graphics card ..or should i go for another processor..
this processor is perfect in this price range

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom